• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay help

princessap

DIS Veteran
we are arriving late August and doing a split stay between GF to make me happy :) and BW to make my kids happy :)

Trip is 7 nights. How should I split it? Plan is to do mnsshp so was thinking to start at GF and End at BW but wondering if I should do it other way around and end trip with party instead of starting with party??

Any help would be great! Thanks

I would do 3 BW/4 GF.

GF is a much nicer resort (one of our favorites) so I would want to end and have more nights there. However, I wouldn't want to end a trip with a party.

I would do 3 BW/4 GF.

GF is a much nicer resort (one of our favorites) so I would want to end and have more nights there. However, I wouldn't want to end a trip with a party.

Do your kids prefer it?? I am worried they will like BW more lol.
Why would you not want to end with a party?

Do your kids prefer it?? I am worried they will like BW more lol.
Why would you not want to end with a party?

My DD8 would choose GF over any resort, except for BC. We haven't stayed at BWI because it just doesn't interest us. We walked over there one day on the way back from HS and when she saw the pool, she said no way would she ever want to stay there - the clown freaked her out.

I don't really have a good reason for not wanting to end with a party, it's just me being weird I guess. I get sad as the trip comes to an end so I just like to do the special things towards the beginning or middle.

I would do 3 BW/4 GF.

This is what I would do as well. Having stayed at the GF a few times (but never BWI), I'd want to end my trip with a resort I know/love. With that said, I love the MK area and prefer it over the Epcot area, so if I hadn't stayed at either, I'd still opt for BWI first then GF. Good luck!

If it was me, I would do BW2/GF5.

But I love the Grand, and I am not interested in BW. If I wanted to do an Epcot resort, I would do Beach/Yacht.

But split stays aren't for me.

I would split it up based on your park plans. Will you spend more days in DHS/EP? If so, plan 4 nights at BWI. More days at MK? Then 4 at GF. We went to MNSSHP in August (the first party - it was a blast!). I don't think it really matters when you plan it during your trip. I certainly wouldn't do it on your last night, however.

I would split it up based on your park plans. Will you spend more days in DHS/EP? If so, plan 4 nights at BWI. More days at MK? Then 4 at GF. We went to MNSSHP in August (the first party - it was a blast!). I don't think it really matters when you plan it during your trip. I certainly wouldn't do it on your last night, however.

This is what we plan to do. I guess I will look at crowd calendars and see recommended parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter