Split Stay FP+ Question

jalaine

Mouseketeer
First, yes I did check the FP+ FAQ (which was very helpful in most aspects) but still have a question as I don't quite understand something :)

Details: Staying RO via DVC points first for a few days, then immediately following, transferring to a TA booked Disney Room + Dining pkg. I bought tickets separately through UT and have already linked them in MDX.

I was told by both my TA and a Disney online chat CM that with our split stay, I will be able to book 60 days out from our first onsite res. but ONLY for that first stay, then will have to wait until 60 days out from the first day of our second onsite res. to book those FPs for the remainder of our stay. Not the best, but I understood.

So now I just checked the FP+ FAQ for Split Stays on here, and the part I'm confused about is this:

• RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.
So the above seems to at first say that I can book FP+ for my entire split stay starting 60 days from first res, but the last part seems to say that I can't book ANY fast passes until I'm actually physically at the resort for the first part of my RO DVC stay?!?!?

I feel like this isn't right somehow, and am now super confused. If you couldn't tell, this is my first split stay, ha! And I just want to make sure I really know what's going on as my first FP booking day would be this Friday.

Thanks for any help you can offer in clearing this up for me!!

eta: Just realized this may be considered a RO to RO split stay bc I bought tickets separately???? But if that's the case, the FAQ is still giving me different info. than I was told by my TA and Disney in saying that I could book FP 60 days out from my first stay for our entire trip.

• Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Last edited:
I was told by both my TA and a Disney online chat CM that with our split stay, I will be able to book 60 days out from our first onsite res. but ONLY for that first stay,
This is INCORRECT info.

The info in @mesaboy2's FP FAQ is correct. Please follow his directions.

This is INCORRECT info.

The info in @mesaboy2's FP FAQ is correct. Please follow his directions.

Thank you!

But then which one would apply to my stay? Can I book all of my FP from the first day of my first stay if it's considered RO to RO? Or Can I not book ANY FPs until I arrive as it might be considered RO to Pkg? (which seems super odd...).

Thank you!

But then which one would apply to my stay? Can I book all of my FP from the first day of my first stay if it's considered RO to RO? Or Can I not book ANY FPs until I arrive as it might be considered RO to Pkg? (which seems super odd...).
Your window opens: you book for every single park day you have planned.

You do not have a TICKET package - you have a DINING package. That does not figure into FP booking at all.

I have a similar situation in october and thought I could only book the first 1/2 and then have to do the other 4 days later. Yet when I went to do Fast Pass 60 days out it let me do it all for both stays (DVC rental points 4 days, bought 4 days different resort following directly after online). Might have been a glitch but just thought you should be prepared because I was scrambling to figure out my second half at 7 am and it was not pretty!

I have a similar situation in october and thought I could only book the first 1/2 and then have to do the other 4 days later. Yet when I went to do Fast Pass 60 days out it let me do it all for both stays (DVC rental points 4 days, bought 4 days different resort following directly after online). Might have been a glitch but just thought you should be prepared because I was scrambling to figure out my second half at 7 am and it was not pretty!
It's not a glitch. It is precisely explained in the Split Stay section of the FP FAQ.

Onsite > onsite stays keep the FP booking window open.

This is even true for those with onsite > onsite > onsite stays... or even more than 3 consecutive/contiguous stays.

Thank you all SO much! I really appreciate the clarification and help :) Off to finalize FP plans now!

Just throwing my two cents in here because I was super duper confused on this as well! Everyone (DIS posters as well as Cast Members)had different answers. I trusted what @mesaboy2's post stated after much research and he was correct! Last Friday was 60 days out from my 1 day RO reservation at All Stars. We are doing a split stay for WL beginning the day we check out of All Stars. That reservation is for 6 days. I was ready to go right at 7am and surely enough, the system allowed me to make fast pass reservations for the ENTIRE trip with no issues. One word of advice. IF you are wanting FOP at AK...the earliest we could get a reservation was 60+4 days out. Do that one first and go back and fill in the other slots after getting it. Good Luck getting your fast passes and have a wonderful trip!!!

So, we are staying at BL in June then will move to BW 2 days later, then to BC a couple days later. All with DVC points. I was told by cast members that I could not book Fast passes for my second and third stay since I was using DVC points. I actually got the email to complain to customer service about this..wdw.guestservices@disneyworld.com. It concerns me that I have to log in 3 different times for FP selection...all because we are resort hopping. They CM basically said, "sorry, that's how it is!"......Grrrrrrr makes no sense to me AT all!

So, we are staying at BL in June then will move to BW 2 days later, then to BC a couple days later. All with DVC points. I was told by cast members that I could not book Fast passes for my second and third stay since I was using DVC points. I actually got the email to complain to customer service about this..wdw.guestservices@disneyworld.com. It concerns me that I have to log in 3 different times for FP selection...all because we are resort hopping. They CM basically said, "sorry, that's how it is!"......Grrrrrrr makes no sense to me AT all!
With 3 linked onsite stays with the names matching up for all 3 stays, you’ll be able to book for all park days when your FP window opens 60 days before Check-in day of Stay#1.

With 3 linked onsite stays with the names matching up for all 3 stays, you’ll be able to book for all park days when your FP window opens 60 days before Check-in day of Stay#1.
ooo, i really hope so! We'll find out April 15th :). Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter