Split stay. Fast pass booking window starts over

Help! Have pending request through davids to rent points for next March, but we are planning a cash night at a moderate for arrival day. Am i reading correctly that we will be able to do fp for cash room for one night and have to go back in the next day for fp 60 day for the dvc points stay for the remaining 6 nights?
Seems like.

Help! Have pending request through davids to rent points for next March, but we are planning a cash night at a moderate for arrival day. Am i reading correctly that we will be able to do fp for cash room for one night and have to go back in the next day for fp 60 day for the dvc points stay for the remaining 6 nights?

No, as of Tuesday the FP window extends across split stays. Whether cash-cash, cash-DVC, or DVC-DVC.

No, as of Tuesday the FP window extends across split stays. Whether cash-cash, cash-DVC, or DVC-DVC.

While I sincerely hope this is correct, and it is what I was told about 3 weeks ago, my stay is about 175 days out and when I tried to do my ADR's I was only able to do the first half of my split stay and had to wait for the second half to be 180 days out in order to book ADR's for that. My understanding is this is all over the map on if it will work or not.

While I sincerely hope this is correct, and it is what I was told about 3 weeks ago, my stay is about 175 days out and when I tried to do my ADR's I was only able to do the first half of my split stay and had to wait for the second half to be 180 days out in order to book ADR's for that. My understanding is this is all over the map on if it will work or not.
The ADR issue has been known for a long time. If you call MS they would have booked your dining across all days of your stay up to the limit of 10 days that exist for a continuous stay.

The ADR issue has been known for a long time. If you call MS they would have booked your dining across all days of your stay up to the limit of 10 days that exist for a continuous stay.

So, this new issue with split stays and FP will not likely be fixed in the near future. What a waste of Member Services' time.

So, this new issue with split stays and FP will not likely be fixed in the near future. What a waste of Member Services' time.
No the FP issue is corrected for split stays, been so for a while now. The ADR one is completely different and has existed for as long as I know. The cash side of Disney actually has to wait for each individual window to open but the DVC side does not have to if it is a DVC to DVC split stay.

Booking across a split stay for DVC for ADR is actually something that MS will tell you to call and they are there to making vacation planning reservations (rooms, activities, after-hour parties, dining) so I don't find it a waste of their time on this front since it is exactly their function.

As @crvetter said, the ADR system has always worked like you described. Whether spilt stays were DVC or cash. (For DVC split stays, you can call MS and they will book them for the latter split(s)). The newer issue with FP booking has absolutely been fixed.

No the FP issue is corrected for split stays, been so for a while now. The ADR one is completely different and has existed for as long as I know. The cash side of Disney actually has to wait for each individual window to open but the DVC side does not have to if it is a DVC to DVC split stay.

Thanks.

Booking across a split stay for DVC for ADR is actually something that MS will tell you to call and they are there to making vacation planning reservations (rooms, activities, after-hour parties, dining) so I don't find it a waste of their time on this front since it is exactly their function.

Yes, true for you and others but a waste of the Cast Member's time to have to assist me and many others who can and prefer to use online booking. Disney IT's inability to adeuquately update their system and/or to conduct adequate regression testing leads to much wasted time for Member Services and for me. If the system worked like it should, I could and would make all my reservations online and would not have to call. It is a shame that Member Services spends much of their time assisting members to make/fix reservations. If you want to call in for your vavation planning, I do not want you to have to hold for an extra 5-10 minutes because Member Services is trying/struggling to fix an IT mess for me.

Yes, true for you and others but a waste of the Cast Member's time to have to assist me and many others who can and prefer to use online booking. Disney IT's inability to adeuquately update their system and/or to conduct adequate regression testing leads to much wasted time for Member Services and for me. If the system worked like it should, I could and would make all my reservations online and would not have to call. It is a shame that Member Services spends much of their time assisting members to make/fix reservations. If you want to call in for your vavation planning, I do not want you to have to hold for an extra 5-10 minutes because Member Services is trying/struggling to fix an IT mess for me.
I would much rather prefer to do it online too for ADRs but it is a Disney issue because mostly they never intended the cash side to be allowed to book ADRs over split stays. However, because of the need for DVC to often do split stays (the nature of a Timeshare) apparently Disney has allowed DVC a workaround to the issue. At least that is they way MS spun it to me and does make sense there is 0 workaround for the cash side.

Also though when I needed to book across a split stay I already had to call MS for events that could only be booked through them so it was a simple call. Honestly it took very little time (as I only had them do difficult reservations for me and waited for the others after the second stay opened online).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter