Split Stay - DDP

jjwelch24

Mouseketeer
I recently had my first Split Stay and found that about mid-day the room charges I made at the parks, etc. moved from the room I was checking out of to the new room.

I'm going in January with another split stay and would like to purchase a DDP for just the first reservation and I was curious if anyone had a problem using it for dinner on the day of checkout. I know it says you can use it until midnight on the day of checkout, but I was curious after seeing how my magicband charges switched from one reservation to the other even before I checked into the second resort.

Just to explain it a little better, GFV check in on January 28 and out on January 30, BWV check in on January 30 and out on February 1. I plan on purchasing the DDP for my first reservation only. I have a dinner reservation for January 30 and I would like to use the DDP. I'm just wondering if this will be a problem or if anyone else has done this.

Thanks.

I recently had my first Split Stay and found that about mid-day the room charges I made at the parks, etc. moved from the room I was checking out of to the new room.

I'm going in January with another split stay and would like to purchase a DDP for just the first reservation and I was curious if anyone had a problem using it for dinner on the day of checkout. I know it says you can use it until midnight on the day of checkout, but I was curious after seeing how my magicband charges switched from one reservation to the other even before I checked into the second resort.

Just to explain it a little better, GFV check in on January 28 and out on January 30, BWV check in on January 30 and out on February 1. I plan on purchasing the DDP for my first reservation only. I have a dinner reservation for January 30 and I would like to use the DDP. I'm just wondering if this will be a problem or if anyone else has done this.

Thanks.
We are doing just that this Dec/Jan and also did it during a split stay over the same period last year. No issues.

Last edited:
I have done and no issues. I will also be doing a split stay in December with DDP for both parts.

The only rule is that you must use up all credits from stay 1 before you get the next set,

I just did this in October CC Oct 19 to 23 and BWV 23 - 27th. We had a bit of an issue on the morning of the 23rd, where they starting using our second allotment of points before we had used up the first. I went to the front desk at WL and they fixed it up for me with no hassles.

We do this all the time when we visit WDW.

We do a 1 + xx days, so the first day we get the deluxe plan and use the credits on the checkout day. The mug is good for length of stay but minimum 14 days so that great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter