Split stay check out/in process

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Just wondering about checking out and checking in during a split stay. Do we actually need to go to the resort desk to check in? We will need to pick up magic bands but will stiĺl have bands from our first resort.

I should mention we are leaving POP and checking into Boardwalk (DVC Rental) if that makes a difference.

If you did online checkin, you don't have to go to the desk. Your bands you already have should work. However, occasionally what should work doesn't, so if your door does not open, go to the front desk.

If you did online checkin, you don't have to go to the desk. Your bands you already have should work. However, occasionally what should work doesn't, so if your door does not open, go to the front desk.

Not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. So there's a chance the OP might have to stop by the front desk.

I pretty much always go to the desk to check out of the first resort and then again to check in to the second resort and even then I have had issues with my MB working so nothing is a guarantee. Did you request MBs for your second stay or did you decline them? You don't need a second set of bands but if you requested a second set for your DVC stay then there will be a second set for you that you can pick up.

We just did a split 2 weeks ago.

First resort, I checked in because it was 11:30 and I wanted to see if the room was ready and it was. I never checked out only because I heard a CM telling someone in line in front of me that day that they didn’t need to.

Second resort, got the text room was ready and went straight to room. Did the same thing with check out.

Our magic bands from both resorts arrived before we left so we used both interchangeably.

You will need to check out of the first resort before you can check into the second. Otherwise, your reservation could be all messed up. Disney IT isn't that great and they haven't made it easy to do a split stay.

I’ve done this many times renting dvc. I have never checked out or in, just bring my bags down to be transferred and go about my day till I get the room ready text for the next resort.

I am a little nervous this time as we have the dining plan on our first reservation and I don’t want to lose it when we check in to the second resort.

I’ve done this many times renting dvc. I have never checked out or in, just bring my bags down to be transferred and go about my day till I get the room ready text for the next resort.

I am a little nervous this time as we have the dining plan on our first reservation and I don’t want to lose it when we check in to the second resort.
That's kind of funny because we almost only stay DVC and they were the ones to remind us to physically check out before we moved to the next resort.

You will need to check out of the first resort before you can check into the second. Otherwise, your reservation could be all messed up. Disney IT isn't that great and they haven't made it easy to do a split stay.
This. I always physically check out (or at least call from my room and ask guest services to take care of it) from resort one before checking in to resort two. I usually get the room ready text but not always. If you don’t get a text/email that your room is ready, you’ll have to go to the desk to check in.

I got a room ready text for CSR while I was still in my room at ASMo last year. I did check out at ASMo when we left because I wanted to be sure our dining plan for the second reservation was active, so I don't know if anything would've been messed up if I hadn't.

It's more of a problem if you have the ddp. If you don't check out it won't recognize your new Ddp. What cms have done in the past is check out, move any leftover ddp physically one by one to the new plan. That way it starts over fresh and it's like a brand new reservation. It can also make the bands not work on the doors sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter