Split Stay and Magic Bands

amymgould

Mouseketeer
I've searched and read other posts related to this but just want to make sure I have this correct, specific to my situation. (Also, apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum!)

Staying at BLT 4/13-4/17. Switching to BWV 4/17-4/21. If I "decline" magic bands for the 2nd part of my stay (BWV), the bands we receive from the BLT portion of our stay will work flawlessly, without us having to do anything else?

TIA, especially if this is a silly question. :)

The MagicBands are connected to your MyDisneyExperience, which then has your reservations - they then work through that. So they're not actually connected directly to the reservation - if that makes sense. So, some illustrations:

We did a sort of split stay - we had two back-to-back reservations at Polynesian (we added 2 nights with credit card points, so it had to be a separate reservation), and we kept the MagicBands for both so we got 2 for the trip. My wife will order the little decals from Etsy and decorate our MagicBands for the trip. So we each went with 2 MBs, and we alternated throughout the trip - depending on which one we chose for that day (silly, but the MB with the beer mug I put on it felt more like an Epcot day than MK). Then, on our first day, I bought a special edition MagicBand in the park, which I then added into the rotation throughout the trip.

On our next trip, we again did a split stay because we did a night at Pop Century on the day we flew in then switched to Wilderness for the rest of the trip (was cheaper to add the night at Pop Century because of the price of flights the day before then to fly on the day of our WL check-in). We got 2 new MagicBands, but I'm pretty sure I used the MBs from our previous trip and may not have used the new ones (or may have used one).

So, once you have a MB connected to your account, it will work for any reservations or tickets you have also connect to your MDX. You can also activate and deactivate MBs pretty much instantaneously through the MDX app. We've used this when our kids (now 6 and 4) are misbehaving. We go into the app and shut off their MB real quick when going back to the room, leaving the room, etc., and tell them to try the hotel door. When it doesn't work, we tell them Mickey must have shut it off because of how they are behaving. Obviously only works with little kids (although I guess you could mess with a spouse if you didn't tell them . . . ).

I've searched and read other posts related to this but just want to make sure I have this correct, specific to my situation. (Also, apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum!)

Staying at BLT 4/13-4/17. Switching to BWV 4/17-4/21. If I "decline" magic bands for the 2nd part of my stay (BWV), the bands we receive from the BLT portion of our stay will work flawlessly, without us having to do anything else?

TIA, especially if this is a silly question. :)

Yes you are correct!
and
You can also customize the bands from the 2nd stay and have 2 sets if you like, they will both work for both stays. Sometimes its nice to have a color choice, backup in case of loss etc.

Thanks everyone! I was thinking about keeping the 2nd set for different color choices, but my kids are so set on their orange and green bands. I guess I should be happy they're being so simple?! LOL! Thanks again!

Yes.
Although my opinion is I'm paying somehow for the "complimentary" magic bands so why not receive them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter