• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay and Magic Bands

revdisney33

Disney Geek and Mini Geek
Hi, Been to Disney quite a few times, but this will be our first split stay....have a few questions. We are doing 1 night at POP, 5 at AKL and 2 at the Poly. We have decided to be able to get 3 sets of Magic Bands so we can keep our collection going. Soooo
1. Will our tickets be good on all 3 bands so we can mix and match?
2. I know they won't work for rooms at each correct?
3. We may pay for the meal plan the first night only at POP as we always get the mugs anyway, so makes the meal plan a bit more reasonable as I can in theory take the $18-19 off the top as I would spend it anyway, so the meals and snacks come put pretty good....however, will the mug still be good for our full stay. I have heard yes, but want to be sure.
4. Am I correct that Disney will transfer out luggage to the new resort each time?

Thank you in advance. I tend to the Disney go to guy around here, but I do need help on our first adventure of split stays.

Well, I can answer 1) and 2)! There is NOTHING on your magic bands, they are only a way to access your MDE account. So they will all work for your tickets and all open your doors, as well as any you have at home that you want to bring along. I don't do dining so can't answer that.

Well, I can answer 1) and 2)! There is NOTHING on your magic bands, they are only a way to access your MDE account. So they will all work for your tickets and all open your doors, as well as any you have at home that you want to bring along. I don't do dining so can't answer that.
Thanks.....That's more what I thought... Not on the actual band, but more what I have booked with Disney.

Hi, Been to Disney quite a few times, but this will be our first split stay....have a few questions. We are doing 1 night at POP, 5 at AKL and 2 at the Poly. We have decided to be able to get 3 sets of Magic Bands so we can keep our collection going. Soooo
1. Will our tickets be good on all 3 bands so we can mix and match?
2. I know they won't work for rooms at each correct?
3. We may pay for the meal plan the first night only at POP as we always get the mugs anyway, so makes the meal plan a bit more reasonable as I can in theory take the $18-19 off the top as I would spend it anyway, so the meals and snacks come put pretty good....however, will the mug still be good for our full stay. I have heard yes, but want to be sure.
4. Am I correct that Disney will transfer out luggage to the new resort each time?

Thank you in advance. I tend to the Disney go to guy around here, but I do need help on our first adventure of split stays.

3. The mugs will be good for 14 days once they have been activated and they can be used at any resort refill station.

4. Disney will transport your luggage between Disney resorts for free. However, the bags will not be delivered to your room like they would be with DME. You will have to retrieve them from bell services in the afternoon or call to have them delivered to your room by bell services while you are in the room.​

Make sure though when you leave each resort for the next one to go to the front desk to get checked out so you will not have issues checking in at the next one. Also, just in case you are not aware when making dining reservations you won’t be able to do for the whole trip. In Disney’s system there is no such thing as a split stay they are seperate reservations so you will have to go online 3 times when you hit 180 days of each resort reservation to make ADRs for the whole trip. First you do 180 days you of the Pop stay and the day you switch to AKL but then you will have to wait until 180 days of your AKL stay to do the rest of the AKL days plus switch to Poly day and then you will have to wait until 180 days of your Poly stay to make them for the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter