Split stay and DDP

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
We're doing a split stay in Jan 19. Booked package for first 7 night stay with tickets for the whole stay, and another 4 nights room only. I just added the DDP to my package after the new price hike at Disney. Did all the calculations and found that the DDP could actually save us money at this point.

I have been following a few threads about split stay and dining, and have been getting mixed answers.

My question is this:

I am planning to do early check in on MDE for both resorts. Does that have any effect on my dining credits for the day we check out of our first resort? Some places say that no matter what, they are good until midnight of check out day. But others say that they run out the minute we check in to the new resort. Which of them is true?

We have lots planned for our dining credits on check out day, and don't want to be left by mistake without credits.

Please help me clear up this issue.

I am planning to do early check in on MDE for both resorts. Does that have any effect on my dining credits for the day we check out of our first resort? Some places say that no matter what, they are good until midnight of check out day. But others say that they run out the minute we check in to the new resort. Which of them is true?

It doesn't matter where you go on your check-out day. Your credits are good until midnight of that day. Checking into another resort does not affect your credits.

If you're still worried, then get a paper receipt from your first resort of what is remaining on the night before you check out. At least that way, you have some kind of paper trail in case something happens. If you go to use your remaining credits, and they aren't there, just charge to your room and fix it with guest services later.

What happens when you have a dining plan on both stays is you must use the first before tapping into the second. Once you start using stay 2 credits your first are wiped out. Then you have thebfun if having the concierge desk straighten it out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter