Split stay and DDP - forgive me if it's been asked

IrishNYC

DIS Veteran
I searched and can't easily find the answer...

I am currently booked with a 2 day/4 day split with DDP on both stays.

First stay:
Tuesday: check in, no TS, possible QS
Wednesday: 2 TS, snacks planned, possible QS meal
Thursday: will eat QS breakfast if not used Tuesday and Wednesday, TS lunch before we take a break and try to get our room at resort #2. I don't want to make lunch later because we're doing the dessert party that night.

The Thursday TS is what's throwing me. Should I check out of resort 1 before heading to the park, then check in to resort 2 when we break?

Of course now that I'm thinking "out loud" maybe we just shouldn't get the DDP for the first stay and I'll just put that cash difference aside to use for meals. The TS breakfast is non-negotiable (Garden Grill), TS dinner will also be in Epcot, but we always end up lamenting that we didn't just snack our way around Epcot. There are too many food choices and not enough time!

Help me my dining plan friends!

If you decide to keep both, just do online check-in for both stays. The dining plan will be ready for you to use on both stays. However, you must use ALL credits from stay 1 before you can begin using credits from stay 2, including snacks.

If you think having dinner on Wed is a no-go, just use your 2nd TS from stay 1 for your Thur lunch.

I just figured out the numbers and we’re a family of 3. We’d have 12 snacks between us for those 2 days and I know we’d never use them up. We won’t get in until 10 or 11 on Tuesday evening. I think I’m going to put the cost of the dining plans for 2 nights in a gift card and just use that and I think we'll come out ahead.

I just figured out the numbers and we’re a family of 3. We’d have 12 snacks between us for those 2 days and I know we’d never use them up. We won’t get in until 10 or 11 on Tuesday evening. I think I’m going to put the cost of the dining plans for 2 nights in a gift card and just use that and I think we'll come out ahead.

Sounds like a great plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter