Split stay ADR’s

BigGoof81

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone. Just wanted to get thoughts on this. I have received so many conflicting reports on this either from friends/family, DIS members, Cast Members.

Long story short, I have 3 separate hotel reservations from 2/18 to 3/1. They are all consecutive. I was always aware of the 60 day booking window, the fact that you can only book length of stay, etc. I have been told that Disney Dining has the ability to extend your booking through your entire stay, while doing a split stay, but you have to call and speak directly to a CastMember. It cannot be done via MDE.

Best friend of had it done a few weeks ago.
Multiple people on these boards have stated it has been done….someone as recently as a few days ago. And on this past Sunday, the day before my 60 day mark, I called Disney, spoke to a Cast Member directly, who also asked someone in her office, who ALSO confirmed with me that yes it can be done, but Dining had to do it.

Come Monday morning, I call at 7:00am sharp. On hold for an hour and call drops. Call back, wait another 3 hours, and the Cast Member tells me it can’t be done. I was very frustrated, accepted it and moved on. Told myself THATS the policy I guess, have to wait for my next booking window (today). Only to then see other posts about how Disney was able to help them with the same situation! I called a family member who I had forgotten recently did a split stay and THEY confirmed it was done for them.

So, not being able to wait on hold for eternity, I initiate a chat on MDE. I explain everything above and this what I was told….

As you may know, Disney Resort hotel Guests may pre-plan dining and other experience reservations beginning 60 days in advance of each specific reservation's check-in date.

Sadly, if you will be enjoying multiple back-to-back reservations, it would be necessary to wait until 60 days before each individual check-in date to book dining reservations for that specific stay.

I do apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause with your vacation planning. Please know that I will be share your feedback today with our partners so the appropriate leadership will be made aware of the matter.”

I kindly vented a few frustrations, and was again told….

I am so very sorry to hear that, Vincent! Unfortunately it should not be possible for Guests to book reservations for a split stay until they are 60 days in advance of that specific stay's check-in date.

While I sadly cannot speculate how other Guests would be accommodate in such situations, please know that I am sharing this information with our partners now so that the appropriate leadership is informed of the matter.”

I am not debating policy. Policy is policy. But what exactly is it? There’s so much inconsistency going on. And frankly, aside from this situation, Disney customer service over the phone has been subpar lately. Maybe it’s just me. But I’m just lost as to what is going on.

We have an upcoming split stay in January. We had to schedule ADR's at the 60 day mark for each check in date.

I've had multiple split stays (usually through renting DVC points) and have had to make them at each 60-day (or back when it was 180 days) mark. I know, at one time, DVC member services (not dining) was able to book it for DVC owners that called.

I had to book my split stays separately. I don’t remember of hearing about anyone that didn’t have to do it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter