Split Resort Stay and Luggage

ForeverDisney6793

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming trip where because of lack of availability at the French Quarter I had to get two days at Riverside at the beginning of the trip before heading to French Quarter on day 3. How does everyone handle luggage?

We have an upcoming split stay also. Since we are having a "slower" day on move day and we haven't had good luck with bell services in the past we are going to "move ourselves" I think. The main reason is that we are hoping for an early check in and the ability to get a nap for my toddler at the second resort.

The morning of the move we are physically taking our stuff to Bell Services before a 8:15am ADR - we are morning people (see reference to toddler above :-) mid-day we are going back to that resort to get our stuff and will Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to our new resort and try to check-in in person. We will have two rooms that we hope to be connected and want an early check in and good location. I know we won't get all, if any, but I think being early and being in person will help. Regardless if a room is ready or not, we will venture to a new park late afternoon. If it's not ready we will eat a slow lunch at the food court and leave stuff at bell services. If a room is ready adults can unpack while kids watch tv/sleep.

If it weren't for the kids or attempt at joining rooms, etc. I would just leave my stuff in my room and head to a park for the day and allow bell services to move me - and wait for the text at the new room. But, considering, we are taking this route. I'm not too worried about it "wasting" time - this will be day 5 of a 9 day trip so our kids will need a break from the parks by then for half a day.

I have an upcoming trip where because of lack of availability at the French Quarter I had to get two days at Riverside at the beginning of the trip before heading to French Quarter on day 3. How does everyone handle luggage?
You can call bell services and arrange to have them transfer your luggage to POFQ. Typically transfers are not complete until late afternoon so you should take anything you might need during the day with you.

Or, since the two resorts are close to one another you could walk over to POFQ with your luggage and check in (anytime after 6 AM). You can leave your bags with bell services at the new resort if your room isn't ready. If you have a lot of luggage or don't want to walk, you can uber/lyft/taxi over to POFQ. Later in the day when you get back to the new resort you can stop at bell services and pick up your bags or call bell services once you are in your room and they will deliver them.

Whenever we've had split stays we've done the second option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter