• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splash one last time…but single rider

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
So, I’m going next weekend, thinking I want to ride original Splash one last time but I’ll be going alone this trip.

I really hate the log design at DL for it’s bobsled type seating arrangement. I would always ride at WDW cause you’re side by side.
Its kinda intimate to be riding with strangers IMHO and since I’ve always been with a group, this was not an issue.

Do they let single riders go alone? I’d probably get stuck up front and get soaked 😂
Is there a single rider line?

Solo ladies…let me hear your thoughts…

You know, I can't recall ever being seated with a stranger in my lap or vice-versa, though that does seem to go against how a Single Riders line works. I've done the SR line a few times too. I am pretty sure they wouldn't put a stranger in your lap though. Maybe that's why the SR line at Splash can take a while? It's not the most efficient one, though typically faster than stand-by.

As I recall (but it’s been awhile since I’ve ridden at all), there is a front seat, then a divider, a middle seat and then another divider and then a back seat. Is this correct?
Or is it all open and everyone is tucked in with each other? In your lap as BrianL refers to it? And I always used to be stuck up front because I’m smaller.

Is there any advantage to seating arrangement as to avoid getting completely soaked? Of course, none of that mattered when I was younger, but as I’ve “matured”, being wet and cold is less desirable than it used to be😳🤣

I've ridden by myself and wasn't squished into one of those seats with a stranger. That would be so awkward!

As I recall (but it’s been awhile since I’ve ridden at all), there is a front seat, then a divider, a middle seat and then another divider and then a back seat. Is this correct?
Or is it all open and everyone is tucked in with each other? In your lap as BrianL refers to it? And I always used to be stuck up front because I’m smaller.

Is there any advantage to seating arrangement as to avoid getting completely soaked? Of course, none of that mattered when I was younger, but as I’ve “matured”, being wet and cold is less desirable than it used to be😳🤣

There are dividers. The back seat can actually seat two side-by-side, though only smaller people (like an adult and a child). It is often a single as there is no room for a lap-sitter. That may be where they shift all Single Riders to actually now that I think about it because that might not be filled with every group. They will not put someone next to you.

I rode single rider in October. The line is through the exit. I was always in the last seat each time...although some people in the front asked me to switch 😂 There is a divider and I didn't feel awkward sitting with strangers. Your knees or legs may bump others when getting inn/out but that is about it. Single rider is awesome when there is a long wait!

I think you'll be fine, the dividers are pretty far apart and set for each person/no lap type seating.
*smaller theme parks and fairs have those shared type seating with 1 divider.

If you're in the park late night when it gets cooler outside the line normally goes way down. Have been lucky over winter months with entire log to myself. Probably more room than coach airline seats 🤣

splash_log.jpg

Enjoy! :earsboy:

Last edited:
Oh thanksfor the pic! Rear seat is good…any thoughts on which part gets the wettest? I’m sure it depends on weight in log and how it’s distributed.

Oh thanksfor the pic! Rear seat is good…any thoughts on which part gets the wettest? I’m sure it depends on weight in log and how it’s distributed.
First 2 seats are the wet zone. Seat 3 will get a wave over the side during the second and third indoor drops that will soak at least one leg. Seats 4, 5, and 6 are the driest. 6 is the best seat in the house because you can put your feet up and keep them dry too.

As a single rider, you won't get a choice. They will put you in between 2 parties or most commonly, in seat 6 in the back.

I'm having a difficult time picturing your original question. The seats are front to back, but it doesn't feel awkward to sit in between unknown people (and I'm weird about sitting closely to nonfamily as well). There is plenty of space to sit comfortably whether you are in front, middle, or very back. I would go for it, especially because it will be closed down for awhile.

We always are able to put our feet up on the interior small ledge at the bottom of the boat to help keep them dry as well, which is nice. It runs from the back of the boat to the front.

We went on Splash for one last time yesterday. Yes, there is a divider between riders.

We were so sad to see that many of the characters have already been removed. Some of the lighting didn't work and the ride, in general, is really beat up. Such a sad farewell.

It has been unseasonably cold in CA so wait times have been relatively short. This weekend they were definitely longer - probably because of the announcement of the final closing date.

I have ridden Splash solo MANY times. If you go in the early morning you may have a log to yourself. In that case you will usually be seated in the middle seat.

If you are entering through the single rider line, you will generally be in the back seat of the log. When seated in the back (in a normally loaded log) I usually don't get too wet.

I ride Splash solo all the time and always get the back seat. I don’t find it awkward at all; on the contrary, I prefer the seat to myself more than sitting side-by-side with a stranger. You’re not in contact with anyone else at all. I USUALLY don’t get too wet in the back.

I'm having a difficult time picturing your original question. The seats are front to back, but it doesn't feel awkward to sit in between unknown people (and I'm weird about sitting closely to nonfamily as well).
Theme parks like Knott's Berry Farm there is only only "divider" for a total of 4 riders. Meaning you can sit basically in the lap of someone behind you. Splash has dividers for each person.

Knott's won't sit strangers together, or will only use 2 riders per log.

Last edited:
I'm having a difficult time picturing your original question. The seats are front to back, but it doesn't feel awkward to sit in between unknown people (and I'm weird about sitting closely to nonfamily as well). There is plenty of space to sit comfortably whether you are in front, middle, or very back. I would go for it, especially because it will be closed down for awhile.

We always are able to put our feet up on the interior small ledge at the bottom of the boat to help keep them dry as well, which is nice. It runs from the back of the boat to the front.
The original Splash Mountain logs only had one divider. Groups were in fact called upon to sit in between each other's legs (shortest to tallest) with no individual divider for each rider. Matterhorn used to be similar. I think I saw old footage of Space Mountain with a similar arrangement. I can't think of any rides that have this kind of seating anymore.

The original Splash Mountain logs only had one divider. Groups were in fact called upon to sit in between each other's legs (shortest to tallest) with no individual divider for each rider. Matterhorn used to be similar. I think I saw old footage of Space Mountain with a similar arrangement. I can't think of any rides that have this kind of seating anymore.

Yes, when I was a kid I sat in my dad's lap on Space Mountian at WDW because it used the same cars as The Matterhorn which was trying to simulate a bobsled. It had the seatbelts like Matterhorn too, though now it has a T-Bar and individual seats.

I have pics from the old style logs when we went in big groups and crammed 8/9 of us into a log.

For Matterhorn they didn’t always seat you tandem. I remember riding solo when being there with my dad by the time I was in high school before they changed the vehicles out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter