Splash Mountain to become Princess and the Frog ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say you can't have an opinion, you absolutely can. Just the change wasn't made for you/people not offended by it, it was made for those that are so they can enjoy the ride as well
the fact that the ride routinely runs at 90+ minute wait times tells me there weren't a lot of people offended by the attraction.

It’s sort of unfortunate that we can’t just discuss the change in a way where people don’t have to be put under labels or anything like that.

Continually bringing up the same point over and over doesn’t further this discussion at all and just sends is in continually circles.

People are allowed to have their own opinions. People should not have to keep getting replied to trying to force their opinions to change though either. We all do need to look at this with an open mind and think about all sides of this.

I have said before I love Splash. I will miss it. I also understand the change though.

I dont know, I think its pretty bland without the theming. Many Disney attractions are the same way.
Perfect chance to introduce a new dress too!

What colors aren't as represented? A deep purple? Or deep orange/auburn?
YAS!!! I didn't even think about the new dress options!! And I keep bringing this up but think of how awesome a firefly section will be in the dark sections of the ride. Haters you're going to miss out on a really cool new theme.

I'm talking about the repeated copy/paste from Wiki and the "concern" about west African folklore. I'm talking about all the comments about "erasing history." I'm not talking about a difference of opinion.

I have given up on that poster and pretty much on those who refuse to accept that Splash Mountain might be offensive to people. How hard is it for people to understand that we don't get to decide what is offensive to other people. By definition if someone says they are offended by something then it is offensive. Do we have to cancel everything that is offensive? Of course not! But in this case the offense is a big problem and given that Splash Mountain was due for a massive refurb in the near future anyways it makes sense that Disney decided they would re-theme it at the same time.

Going back to lurking again.

YAS!!! I didn't even think about the new dress options!! And I keep bringing this up but think of how awesome a firefly section will be in the dark sections of the ride. Haters you're going to miss out on a really cool new theme.

Regardless of one's opinion of if it needed to be changed or not, I think that IF they are given sufficient budget the potential is there for a spectacular attraction - really a chance to "plus" an already amazingly layed-out/designed attraction

I never rode Splash because... well, the drop and splash (Also travelling in Feb when it's always closed.. -_-) But I'm genuinely excited. A bayou river theme with good music and Louie playing his horn? LOVE IT! If they add in a spooky 'other side' scene before the drop I might specifically try to make sure I can ride this next trip! Drop or no drop.

I have given up on that poster and pretty much on those who refuse to accept that Splash Mountain might be offensive to people. How hard is it for people to understand that we don't get to decide what is offensive to other people. By definition if someone says they are offended by something then it is offensive. Do we have to cancel everything that is offensive? Of course not! But in this case the offense is a big problem and given that Splash Mountain was due for a massive refurb in the near future anyways it makes sense that Disney decided they would re-theme it at the same time.

Going back to lurking again.

Big problem for who though? Millions of people including millions of people of the "offended" demographic ride this ride each year and have for 30? Years. Complaints have been minimal and thats stating things on the high end. Just because a small select vocal group are more offended than the general population, including those who are "supposed" to be offended, does not justify a change.

At what point do you draw the line on changes due to "being offensive"? Walt hinself had a checkered past, does that mean we should rename the entire thing?

Perfect chance to introduce a new dress too!

What colors aren't as represented? A deep purple? Or deep orange/auburn?

Mardi Gras colors, definitely!

My worry with it being set after the movie is that they'll cut out all The Other Side stuff - I know people are usually not fans of projection but that is a case where it would totally fit the theming and probably look stunning. I am probably being too literalist, though - just because Facilier died in the movie doesn't mean they can't figure out a way to bring him, or a villain protege, back.

Also wonder if they'll add Facilier's tombstone to Haunted Mansion as a tie-in? I actually thought they already had it there, but when I Googled it, doesn't look like it.

Mardi Gras colors, definitely!

My worry with it being set after the movie is that they'll cut out all The Other Side stuff - I know people are usually not fans of projection but that is a case where it would totally fit the theming and probably look stunning. I am probably being too literalist, though - just because Facilier died in the movie doesn't mean they can't figure out a way to bring him, or a villain protege, back.

Also wonder if they'll add Facilier's tombstone to Haunted Mansion as a tie-in? I actually thought they already had it there, but when I Googled it, doesn't look like it.

Mardi Gras color would be amazing and so much fun! And a Mardi gras "package" at Bibidi Bobbitt Boutique would be great too!

I feel like they need to have something with the Other Side whether that is the new laughing place or if that is the "plot" of the big hill and they the drop is you getting out of the Other Side

I think the later makes more sense and then the Laughing Place become the bayou with Ray and lighting but effects and the Goin' down the Bayou song

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter