Splash Mountain to become Princess and the Frog ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they can find a place for zip-a-dee-doo-da somewhere. It's such a great song, even if it came from a movie that was a product of it's time.

I can almost 100% guarantee you that song is gone. It's problematic.

my absolute favorite ride

sad to see this.

anyone actually believe they've been "working on this for over a year"

This has been a rumor for a LONG time.

This is my favorite ride in all the parks. I have so many feelings right now, mostly anger. I can't believe this. I understand the movie has a lot of racial connotations, but the ride? I guess there's a lot of kids asking "what movie is this from?" and parents having to tap dance.

This isn't a great move in my opinion. It can work in DL because of adjscency to New Orleans Sqquare, but how does The Princess and The Frog fit into Fronteirland? It doesn't. I prefer my idea to reclaim the characters from Spash Mountain with an updated cartoon based on the old folktales that could modernize the story without losing the heart of it. This is not being done for the right reasons and is a bow to the pressure of a select few. I am all for giving Tiana a ride - I enjoy that movie - but she should have something original. They're basically doing it because there is already a riverboat in it. I don't even know what to think about this one.
I think this is a great idea

The music from Princess and the Frog is great. Tiana is a great character. I think it works. I am sad because I love zip a dee doo dah.

But overall, I think it fits perfectly and makes a LOT of people happy. And Tiana/Princess of the Frog has always deserved more love

I really love Splash, and I really love the current theme and the songs. But I also love Princess and the Frog, it's in my top ten Disney animated movies so I am really hopeful that they will do a well detailed job with LOTS of animatronics.

Can someone explain why the song Zip-a-dee-doo-dah is bad?

This isn't a great move in my opinion. It can work in DL because of adjscency to New Orleans Sqquare, but how does The Princess and The Frog fit into Fronteirland? It doesn't. I prefer my idea to reclaim the characters from Spash Mountain with an updated cartoon based on the old folktales that could modernize the story without losing the heart of it. This is not being done for the right reasons and is a bow to the pressure of a select few. I am all for giving Tiana a ride - I enjoy that movie - but she should have something original. They're basically doing it because there is already a riverboat in it. I don't even know what to think about this one.
While it doesn’t necessarily fit it in with Frontierland at MK, that sort of attention to detail theming sort of went out the window with the Rapunzel tower that could be seen from HM or, for that matter, Finding Nemo in Dinoland. I understand some fans are going to be very upset but this kind of seemed inevitable.

Also, FWIW, I loved Splash. It’s probably one of my all time favorite amusement/theme park rides anywhere. I have a special place in my heart for Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah (I remember it was the first song I committed to memory in Kindergarten and sang it everywhere to anyone who would listen), but it’s time. Also, this isn’t the first time Tiana has made an appearance in this corner of MK; they had the Showboat Jubilee (probably one of Disney’s best creative entertainment endeavors) there ten years ago.

You're right, it doesn't really fit in the area thematically. New Orleans Square, sure.

I love Splash Mountain, but I also love this change. Can’t wait to see the re-theme. Also being local I’ve ridden the ride so many times that although I love it, I’m ready for something new. My favorite scene has always been the riverboat scene, which obviously fits right in with Princess and the Frog anyway, so that should still be there although modified.

my absolute favorite ride

sad to see this.

anyone actually believe they've been "working on this for over a year"

Yes. The animatronics at Disneyland are about 20 years older than the ride itself. It was due for an extended refurb and it probably didn't make sense to fix what was wrong with it mechanically. With how much it would cost, the property just isn't very marketable. Now they'll be able to sell more princess dresses and other merchandise to a movie that kids might actually want to watch. Plus, Tiana is the best princess at meet and greets.

Tokyo is staying the same for the time being for those that still want the original attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter