Splash mountain seating with kids

DanieB

Mouseketeer
hello... I tried looking this up but all the posts were pretty old so I wanted to check again to be sure. According to some older posts there is an option for a child to sit next to their parent on splash. Is this still an option? Are there any restrictions? My six year old wants to go on it and he loved it in Wdw... But when I mentioned the seating arrangement he started to panic. He doesn't want to be in a "separate seat".

Yep, the far back seat is a "seat and a half." It should work if the parent and child pair aren't especially Pooh-sized.

Yes it still works. When you get to the CM who is assigning guests to loading numbers, just ask kindly if you and your son can please sit side by side in the back seat of the log. I've never been refused this request. You may need to wait for a log or two, but they are happy to have an adult next two a little kid in the back.

This is such good news! Thank you all! I'm glad we don't have to skip this ride over seating arrangements.

Yes it still works. When you get to the CM who is assigning guests to loading numbers, just ask kindly if you and your son can please sit side by side in the back seat of the log. I've never been refused this request. You may need to wait for a log or two, but they are happy to have an adult next two a little kid in the back.

We asked for this when riding for the first time with our 4 year old twins. We were fine with being in separate logs. The cast member allowed it but was not pleased about it and said we wouldn't be allowed again. I get that it's inconvenient for them but we're talking about single seating with no restraints and small children. It kind of feels like they should be prepared for such requests.

ETA: after the first ride they were find riding in their own seat. I didn't trust their reaction the first time though. Now we put the more nervous kid in front of an adult who can hold her from behind. Her more adventurous sister sits wherever she wants and is fine.

We asked for this when riding for the first time with our 4 year old twins. We were fine with being in separate logs. The cast member allowed it but was not pleased about it and said we wouldn't be allowed again. I get that it's inconvenient for them but we're talking about single seating with no restraints and small children. It kind of feels like they should be prepared for such requests.

ETA: after the first ride they were find riding in their own seat. I didn't trust their reaction the first time though. Now we put the more nervous kid in front of an adult who can hold her from behind. Her more adventurous sister sits wherever she wants and is fine.
I don't know why they would be surprised by that and make you feel like they weren't pleased! You mentioned holding your kid from behind. Are the seats close enough that you can do that easily? I have short arms but would be nice to know I could reach him and offer that reassurance (if for some reason they give us a hard time about the back seat).

I don't know why they would be surprised by that and make you feel like they weren't pleased! You mentioned holding your kid from behind. Are the seats close enough that you can do that easily? I have short arms but would be nice to know I could reach him and offer that reassurance (if for some reason they give us a hard time about the back seat).
Not the PP, but yes, the seats are close enough to hold on to the person in front of you. DH and I were marathoning the ride before closing with the same mother with her two kiddos. In each ride photo she's holding on to her youngest from behind.

There is basically “no space” between the seats the divider is about a 3-4 in thick chair back between each seat if that makes sense.

Not the PP, but yes, the seats are close enough to hold on to the person in front of you. DH and I were marathoning the ride before closing with the same mother with her two kiddos. In each ride photo she's holding on to her youngest from behind.
Ok thanks! I know it seems silly but my nervous kiddo just wants to know he's with mom or dad at all times. I show him ride videos (and we have been to Wdw so he has some idea about rides) and he's worried about seating not drops or speed lol

I rode with my almost 4 year old in the back seat of the log multiple times on our last visit and had no issues at all. I just asked the CM if we could have the back seat to sit together.

I wish I had known about this. We were there for the first time last week and our family loves Splash in WDW. My 9yo FREAKED on the ride because there is no bar or any other restraints. My dh & I tried to explain over and over that he was safe and they would not let the ride go like that if people fell out but he was inconsolable after the first time and would not ride again so I had to sit out with him each time everyone else rode (despite this ride being a fav of his in WDW). It made me really sad to see him this upset :( He's a small 9yo and I'm fairly petite so I am guessing we'd have easily fit in the back together.

I wish I had known about this. We were there for the first time last week and our family loves Splash in WDW. My 9yo FREAKED on the ride because there is no bar or any other restraints. My dh & I tried to explain over and over that he was safe and they would not let the ride go like that if people fell out but he was inconsolable after the first time and would not ride again so I had to sit out with him each time everyone else rode (despite this ride being a fav of his in WDW). It made me really sad to see him this upset :( He's a small 9yo and I'm fairly petite so I am guessing we'd have easily fit in the back together.
It's usually a height requirement for 2 in the back. The second person has to be under 5 feet tall.

It's usually a height requirement for 2 in the back. The second person has to be under 5 feet tall.

He is only 54" but I had no idea we could even request that. Of course, I didn't know he'd freak out so badly once we got on the first time, and after that first ride, I'm not sure he'd have gone on again even knowing he could sit with me in the back. He panicked every time we mentioned riding Splash again.

Aww I'm so sorry he had a rough time with it! Honestly when I see the pictures I get a little nervous thinking about not having the lap restraint like in Wdw!

One solution for kids/grown up kids who want to be held even when sitting in the seat in front of the parent: have the kid wear a back pack (or something similar with straps) backwards so that the straps are facing the parent in the seat behind. The parent can hold on to the straps as tightly or loosely as is comfortable for the kid so that everything feels secure. Friends of ours do this with their older kids/grown up kids who need to feel strapped in on Splash. It's a nice compromise for everyone, especially when the kids no longer fit in the back seat of the log or when the parents can't comfortably reach around the seat in front for the whole ride.
This also works on Matterhorn.

Looks like you got some great answers, just wanted to reiterate that you can defiantly hold on to your kiddo if you want from behind as well. We rode this with our twins when they were three and it was their favorite ride. We just placed a three year old in front of my husband and one in front of me and our then 7 and 8 year old in the front of all of us and we were fine. The back seat is a good option too. We were just there in May and my husband and 11 year old DD sat in it so all 6 of us ( plus a single rider) could be in one log. :). Good luck!!

One solution for kids/grown up kids who want to be held even when sitting in the seat in front of the parent: have the kid wear a back pack (or something similar with straps) backwards so that the straps are facing the parent in the seat behind. The parent can hold on to the straps as tightly or loosely as is comfortable for the kid so that everything feels secure. Friends of ours do this with their older kids/grown up kids who need to feel strapped in on Splash. It's a nice compromise for everyone, especially when the kids no longer fit in the back seat of the log or when the parents can't comfortably reach around the seat in front for the whole ride.
This also works on Matterhorn.
Thanks! Oh goodness I hadn't even thought of the Matterhorn. That does the same thing with sitting in front huh? I better show him some YouTube videos now to see what he thinks lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter