Splash mountain rethemeing

lookame

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when splash mountain is supposed to close? We’ll be there 11/6- 11/14 will it close down before/around then?

Most guesses are around spring 2023 when Tron opens in order to compensate for capacity. No official dates on any of it though. But I think you should be fine November.

Thanks! For some reason I kept hearing November it’d close down. It’ll be good to have one last trip with it!

We will be there around the same time and I was worried about it being closed when we go. Nothing has been announced and I think it's a bit too late to announce a long closure that begins in a few weeks.

Personally I think it's going to close when Tron opens. "Spring 2023" for Disney which some are speculating may happen around February/March.

Most guesses are around spring 2023 when Tron opens in order to compensate for capacity. No official dates on any of it though. But I think you should be fine November.
This would make sense. Doesn't mean Disney will do it this way.

Thanks! For some reason I kept hearing November it’d close down. It’ll be good to have one last trip with it!
I think you are remembering things correctly. We haven't been down since 2015, but then and prior, it was usually down for annual refurb December and January. Our last trip was in Feb and I remember seeing empty logs being run thru the ride, so kept crossing my fingers they might open early and they did. We will be down again first week of December, so with the permanent retheme, I'm hoping the ride stays open in December for one last ride on it. I understand the need to retheme it, but in just a general ride sense, I still believe that SM is one of the best themed rides in all of WDW. Hopefully it keeps that feeling.

My guess is that they are going to put extra work into the theming. But my question is... how many people will actually call it "Tiana's" instead of Splash Mountain when it reopens?

My guess is that they are going to put extra work into the theming. But my question is... how many people will actually call it "Tiana's" instead of Splash Mountain when it reopens?
I think it will be like anything that has a name change. At first, many will still say Splash and then the shift will begin. Some may always call it Splash as habits can be hard to break. After all, we still take the Bee Line over to spend a day at MGM.

Permits are being filed!!! First one filed today.

Permit expires June 30, 2024. To extend work there would need to be more permits, not unusual either.

Permits seem to file a couple months prior to start date so my guess is it will close in January.

January was it's normal required annual maintenance closure so no surprise there.

Permits are being filed!!! First one filed today.

Permit expires June 30, 2024. To extend work there would need to be more permits, not unusual either.

Permits seem to file a couple months prior to start date so my guess is it will close in January.

January was it's normal required annual maintenance closure so no surprise there.
I saw that this morning too. Was hoping to get in one more ride during our mid-January trip, but it's not looking good.

I saw that this morning too. Was hoping to get in one more ride during our mid-January trip, but it's not looking good.
Same boat, but we are early Jan. My youngest got sick on our MK day last trip so she's still never been on splash. Fingers crossed that we can do it one last time too!

Looks like it closed on January 10th in 2022 (for seasonal refurb), so you may be okay if it follows the same pattern.

I think it will be like anything that has a name change. At first, many will still say Splash and then the shift will begin. Some may always call it Splash as habits can be hard to break. After all, we still take the Bee Line over to spend a day at MGM.
We always talk about going to "Downtown Disney" instead of "Disney Springs."

Re: closing time... I agree with the January guesses. Perhaps right after marathon crowds visit.

Which means if its like Tron, sometime 2025+ .
Hopefully, this one stays on its timeframe.

I always wondered how people find nearly four month old threads to comment on them . . . might be time to close this one which asks when Splash Mountain is going close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter