Spirit or Frontier Airlines??

Don't know if Spirit has check-in kiosks at the airport, but every other airline I have ever flown on, you can easily print a boarding pass during check-in at the airport. I prefer paper passes to using my phone in the event the internet is down or your phone battery dies when trying to board the aircraft.

Don't know if Spirit has check-in kiosks at the airport, but every other airline I have ever flown on, you can easily print a boarding pass during check-in at the airport. I prefer paper passes to using my phone in the event the internet is down or your phone battery dies when trying to board the aircraft.
They do. We print off paper passes at the kiosk every time we fly with them and have never been charged.

Precovid either the RAC desk or front desk would print your BP. RAC is gone, not sure if front desk will do it.
I had also gotten ours printed through concierge at Coronado many moons ago but again things are so different with COVID

One of the ultra low-cost airlines was charging passengers who used an airport kiosk to print BPs. Only some airports. Someone has to pay for the ink, paper and electricity. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Edited to add: I checked. Spirit is showing a $2 fee to print your BP using an airport kiosk. Im pretty sure that doesn't apply to all airports.

Last edited:
^^ Yes, good point and a reason to make sure you know about ALL of the added fees associated with the airline you choose. Base ticket prices may be lower, but when you add up all of the extras and 'nickel/dime' type fees, you may not be that much better off. Many non-Disney hotels also have 'business centers' with computer access where you can now print your boarding pass.

I think it's worth it I save so much. If I ever need somethings brought with me I fedx ground them cost me about $20 instead of paying stupid expensive baggage fees.

I think it's worth it I save so much. If I ever need somethings brought with me I fedx ground them cost me about $20 instead of paying stupid expensive baggage fees.
The cost to send 40 lbs (Spirit weight for a checked bag) fedx ground from NYC to Orlando is $54.58. The cost to send 10 lbs is $19.98 An increasing number of hotels charge a package acceptance fee.

A pair of jeans can weight 1.5-2 lbs. A pair of shoes close to 2 pounds.
https://shippingstorm.com/en/list-of-weight/
There are some exceptions but in general paying checked luggage fees is a better deal then shipping stuff. Older luggage can weight 15-20 lbs empty. Buying new luggage, and only checking a bag or 2 for a family can be a good compromise. Wearing your heavier items such as shoes, coats and sweaters is another good technique. Makes sense even if you take off your coat and sweater and lie them on top of stuff on the overhead bin (if allowed) or on your lap.

edited to add I obtained the fedex rates directly from the fedex website. Some people may have access to a discount which would reduce those charges.

When I fly solo with my 3 kids (under 18) on Spirit it all shows up on my app and I show it to the gate from my phone. If they are all on the reservation it will show together. I usually print out at home because I'm the lady who always ends up with a black screen when trying to be tech savvy.
I am way overthinking, because anxiety and a need to know every detail beforehand are my best friends. Does the boarding pass show up in app no matter what? If we print at home before leaving, is there still a copy on phone you can access or is it an either/or printed vs. mobile?

Never flown on Spirit, but on every other airline I have ever flown, you boarding passes appear once you check-in for a flight. Typically that is 24 hrs before the flight time. That is part of the reason you can't print boarding passes at home for your return trip since it is some number of days in the future. Boarding passes for your return trip can be printed at your hotel if they have any kind of business center or those airport kiosks. I prefer printed boarding passes in case my cell phone battery dies or there are any wifi issues at the airport.

You can generally protect against wifi issues at the airport by saving your BP to your wallet, take a screenshot or see if your airline app stores your BP on your device for offline use.

You can generally protect against wifi issues at the airport by saving your BP to your wallet, take a screenshot or see if your airline app stores your BP on your device for offline use.
I second this. You could also take screenshots of your BPs.

I am way overthinking, because anxiety and a need to know every detail beforehand are my best friends. Does the boarding pass show up in app no matter what? If we print at home before leaving, is there still a copy on phone you can access or is it an either/or printed vs. mobile?
You can check in at the 24 hour mark.. I never check in untill the day of because I let them choose my seats and the assign from back to front. .. I always get the first 10 rows or so.
The boarding pass is in the app but I always capture the screen and text them to my DH so we both have it. I have never printed them.
This is one from last time we flew.. just so you could see.. no worries my blotted out my sons last name and its old.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-202855_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-202855_Photos.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
You can check in at the 24 hour mark.. I never check in untill the day of because I let them choose my seats and the assign from back to front. .. I always get the first 10 rows or so.
The boarding pass is in the app but I always capture the screen and text them to my DH so we both have it. I have never printed them.
This is one from last time we flew.. just so you could see.. no worries my blotted out my sons last name and its old.
YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you so, so much. I really appreciate it!

I feel I must say something as I am disabled with Crohn’s disease and Arthritis. So I must carry aboard my medical equipment and sit in an aisle seat close to the bathroom.

Spirit has been indifferent to my predicament, while Frontier has been more than accommodating. They’ve always placed me in the bulkhead aisle next to the bathroom, and confirmed I was carrying medical equipment on board and refunding the carry on I paid for.

Frontier has been so awesome to people with disabilities and I would highly recommend them over spirit any day of the week.

Spirit owes me over $600 and have lied to me multiple times about a refund. Do not recommend.

Let me explain a bit further...
An airplane is pressurized from compressed air from the engines. There is an outflow valve that regulates just how much differential is in the cabin vs outside. There is also a safety valve that will guard in case that fails with over pressurization.
There are squat switches that tell the system that the airplane is on the ground, and will ensure both valves are open. The airplane will not pressurize on the ground. If it did, and you needed to open a door on the ground (even at the gate) the force of even a small amount of differential would cause an explosive reaction.
There is no such thing as pressurization before takeoff.
It is possible that after takeoff the airplane is not pressurizing properly. That said, I have not seen it, and not heard of it. It may have happened at some point (everything happens at some point), but it’s not a regular occurrence with us.
We likely have the youngest fleet of all major airlines.
Thank you for the explanation as this flying scaredy-cat is flying both airlines next month and I was beginning to panic lol. 😬🤦‍♀️

Since they are one in the same now you dont have yo choose.. lol

I have no issues flying spirit.. I go in it with open eyes. I know how much I'm saving and for me its worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter