Spinoff thread: What's been cancelled for you?

Our pastor was supposed to retire on April 26th. He extended that to May 31st. We were going to have a full catered dinner for his retirement party on May 2nd, but now we don't know when that's happening. We did a "drive-thru retirement parade" yesterday. 75 cars showed up and drove through the church parking lot.

Finding an interim and beginning our search for a new pastor has been a challenge with the stay-at-home order. Although honestly, having zoom meetings instead of having to drive to church has saved me on gas and stress. :)

Several birthday parties. Probably would have gone camping at some point. We will finally be able to move our son out of his dorm room next week (he's been home since March). My wife's middle school spring play was canceled. Our daughter was house hunting, and that's been put on hold.

Not much for me but DD11, has had the following cancelled or postponed: Her 11th birthday party( she invited some friends to go see the new live action Mulan movie on opening night), Grade 5 commencement (she moves to middle school in September), year end dance recital (tentatively rescheduled for September from May), summer of competitive swimming, and a huge international Girl Guide/ Girl Scout Camp. This camp was being held about an hours drive from ou home, and she lucked out that the first year she met the requirements to attend it was close so it didn't require expensive travel cost, she was in tears when it was cancelled in March even though it wasn't happening until August. This camp happen only every 3 years and it's still up in the air as to where the next one will be held. We did get a refund on the fees paid out of pocket, but any funds raised through group fundraising events went to pay non refundable deposits for the camp, so won't be transferred to her unit or future camp. I'm ok with that.

SOAR ? I am sorry - I hear it is amazing !
A few Pathfinders I know where supposed to go on International trips that got cancelled .

To many to list . The biggies are :

DD - Grad trip , Prom , graduation , university open house , scholarship program for Girl Guides , Girl Guides in person meetings- this is her last year , 18th birthday gathering

Myself - 50 birthday /25 anniversary Cruise

Family - family trip to Disney

SOAR ? I am sorry - I hear it is amazing !
A few Pathfinders I know where supposed to go on International trips that got cancelled .
Yes she was supposed to go to SOAR! It was to be held in Sooke, BC, about an hour from our home! She was in tears when they cancelled it. My mother went as a leader many years ago when it was held close by as well.

My grandmother passed in early April and though she's been cremated we have delayed a memorial/funeral for now. I hate not being able to be with my loved ones right now. My condolences to you and yours.
Thank you, and the same to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter