Spider-Man Single Rider Line

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
When I went to the parks yesterday I was there around 10:30am and the SR line was closed. I just recently got my AP back and this seemed to happen a lot previously when I had my pass and even at times Spider-Man seemed to sometimes automatically have the SR line closed when the park would open, when other rides regardless have theirs open. I thought it would be over, but apparently this is still a thing. Did I just have bad luck, or is the SR line for Spider-Man still infrequently open?

It’s frequently closed. I don’t think they usually open it at park open, I’ve never been able to use it early in the morning. They seem to like to use it only when standby is at least 30mn.

It’s frequently closed. I don’t think they usually open it at park open, I’ve never been able to use it early in the morning. They seem to like to use it only when standby is at least 30mn.

Thanks for letting me know and now I know better to try to get there first thing in the morning while the regular queue is low. At the time, it was 45 minutes and it was quickly growing. A lot of people were waiting by to watch all the characters zoom in on their bikes for meet and greets and it was done. Prior to that a lot of people were still piling into the queue and even more after a lot those people decided to flood into the queue once the show was over. I tried to act coy and ask where the SR line was (as a hint hint), especially since it was clear that I was all by myself, but he said it's not open right now so I moved on.

It seems to rarely be open anymore. Very frustrating when you see plenty of empty spots on the ride after waiting in the regular queue when you could have happily done single rider. I don’t get why they’ve essentially stopped using it.

It seems to rarely be open anymore. Very frustrating when you see plenty of empty spots on the ride after waiting in the regular queue when you could have happily done single rider. I don’t get why they’ve essentially stopped using it.

Be interesting to know if there is a reason. I wonder if it's due to the fact that it's off to the side, because other than that I cannot think of a reason.

I'm trying to recall, but I believe all SR lines (except Spider-Man) seem to have someone directly in front of it, or someone by it which is easy since it's usually right next to the regular queue. That way it's easier to keep an eye on it to make sure a flood of people do not just walk on unknowing what kind of line it is. It's one thing if a couple, or a few people go into the SR back to back, but I do notice if a TM is off to the side (not directly in front) and they notice a pattern they will start to ask, or remind guests it's a SR line. Sometimes people just keep going into it purposely (like Gringotts), but other times people will start walking back out of the line after the reminder.

The Spider-Man one was never watched, but I think due to increased popularity of guests using them more might limit them wanting to use it. As I remember even with Transformers that there was a couple of TMs up front to watch the queues, but I noticed now, as well as before I stopped being an AP a couple of years ago, that eventually they made sure to have a TM directly in the SR line so you're having to ask about it before they'd move to the side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter