Spice Road Table Opinions

drjackal31

Mouseketeer
We currently have a reservation for Spice Road Table on our wedding anniversary in September at 8:25. We are set on eating in Morocco as we got married in the pavilion. However it is one of the last days for illuminations. We are debating whether we should move the reservation, we usually do lunch ressies anyway. Or just hope for the best, I know we may not get a spot where we can see the show at Spice Road. The next dinner time we can get is 6:50.

What would you do?

We LOVED it! It was seriously one of our best meals on our last trip. You can get a great view of Illuminations from SRT. I think our time was around 8:30? I’d have to double check. We got seated right along the rail.

We have an 8pm ADR for SRT when the new show should be running in October. Though I am hoping to catch the old show one last time.

You can see illuminations from most tables there. If you like it you should go! Show up early, tell them why you are there and you might get lucky. Most of the window tables are for four though.

I would switch to 6:50 pm, let them know it's your anniversary and you'd like to stay for the fireworks. The last time we were there, a family of 5 showed up around 7 pm and let the staff know they were hoping to see the fireworks. They turned a table for 4 into a table for 5 right by the window in the inside section of the restaurant and had no issue with them camping out until fireworks time. I would snag the 6:50 pm and just have a nice, leisurely meal.

We had an ADR for 805p on our last trip, had the rain not become a downpour we would have had great seats. The majority of the seats inside had a view ( with the exception of a few tables on outside of the long window on either side ) , outside has a more limited view if you aren't in the front near the water from what I could tell in the dark.

We were seated inside but had a good view
The food was really good!! Was not enthusiastic about menu, but we loved everything!! Would go back.

We are excited to try spice road in January and hopefully be able to watch the new show.

Love the atmosphere and food at STR. Like previous posters we've only been there for lunch but I can imagine it being a great venue to see Illuminations.

We were able to move the reservation to 8:00. We are going to keep it and hope for the best. Question through, do they play the music inside?

The place is a lot of fun. We have great luck just dropping in and getting seated outside with a terrific view of Illuminations - they are rarely at full capacity and always happy to accommodate you if they can. It's a great place to drop in for a light lunch on a hot summer day too.

I just booked at 7:45PM ADR here yesterday for one of our September trip days. Epcot hours are posted as 9A-9P and the time for Illuminations is listed as 9PM - is that right? I was thinking that 7:45PM dinner time would work out well for viewing show from the restaurant. Date in question is Thursday, Sept 19th

So glad to see all the good comments about the food! :)

I can give you an opinion after June, we are going to try for a view of the show and will request it upon check in.

I just booked at 7:45PM ADR here yesterday for one of our September trip days. Epcot hours are posted as 9A-9P and the time for Illuminations is listed as 9PM - is that right? I was thinking that 7:45PM dinner time would work out well for viewing show from the restaurant. Date in question is Thursday, Sept 19th

So glad to see all the good comments about the food! :)
It is fairly common to have the shows at park closing and that seems fairly early for that to me.

Enjoy your meal! I’ve eaten there twice, and have had two excellent dinners!

Happy Anniversary!

It is fairly common to have the shows at park closing and that seems fairly early for that to me.

Do you mean that meals at Spice Road don't take at least an hour typically? I've heard that for sit down meals you have to plan on at least an hour or more like an hour and a half. You might not be seated right away when you arrive for your ADR etc.

That is where I was coming from with thinking with 7:45PM would work for still being there for fireworks - open to words of advice!!!

{apologies for slightly highjacking thread!!!!}

We ate there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We did three rounds of appetizers vs. a traditional entree, but you could easily sit and relax by taking a multi course approach. I would definitely go for that later ADR and tell them you're celebrating.

We were seated inside and would have only had a so so view, but it looks like anyone up by the windows would have had a great view.

27978162563_9a43244758_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter