Spice Road Table Menu and Pictures!

I'd love to go there when I'm in Epcot later this month. I recently got into grape leaves, so I hope they're good. And all those ice cream choices for dessert. Woah. The next 11 days can't go by any quicker! :thumbsup2

Bummer!

There is not one thing I would/could eat off that menu.

Way too exotic for me.

:(

Usually there is at least one steak and chicken option for the picky eater.

Bummer!

Way too exotic for me.

I was surprised that this place was even built. The TS place in Morocco is usually empty, and the QS place while busier, is still at very low capacity often. So lets build a third? When I went past new place yesterday it was almost empty.

So no kids menu? Can you bring in food from elsewhere for the kids. I don't want to miss out :(

It's not technically a restaurant, but a lounge serving small plates. No children's menu, no reservations, no DDP. I do not know if they would object to bringing in food from somewhere else.

afcgirl said:
Bummer!

Way too exotic for me.

This is what makes it so exciting! Every single restaurant in WDW caters to the plain, picky eater. Even the "exotic" choices are dumbed down in most places. It's nice for those of us with a varied diet to get a choice now.

The Disney Food Blog review is showing a kid's menu (unfortunately).

The Disney Food Blog review is showing a kid's menu (unfortunately).

I wish it had more interesting choices on it. I know my oldest will try anything. The middle two love squid (and they eat it cooked in tomato sauce - don't even need it fried and disguised). So I think we can make them happy here. I really want to try the samplers and I'm tremendously excited it will be open when we're in Epcot in just a week!

Bummer!

Way too exotic for me.

Sorry but I am really happy about that. Honestly, if you don't like that type of food there are so many more restaurants to try. It annoys me that food gets dumbed down to fit. I want more of the World Showcase locations to be more authentic!

Menu sounds great, and we'll definitely have to check it out. Anyone else wondering how they are going to keep people from camping out at those tables for half the night waiting for Illuminations? I can see it becoming an issue, since it looks like it's open seating...

That's what I've been wondering. You know people aren't going to want to leave and while this is a table service restaurant, it's not like it's fine dining where a meal might take 2-3 hours. If someone sits down at say 5pm and expects to keep the table until Illuminations starts, is the restaurant going to do something about the lack of turnover? Are people going to have to keep ordering food? I mean when my aunt & I were at WDW two years ago, on our last night at MK we staked out one of those yellow & white umbrella tables facing the castle near the Plaza restaurant and we stayed there for close to 4 hours because we wanted a really good view of the projections on the castle. However those tables aren't attached to a restaurant but instead are for the general public (and people kept trying to steal the chairs!).

I do think it's nice to see more interesting food options although I agree with a couple of other people who thought it was odd that Morocco got a 3rd place to eat. Maybe Canada could be next? It's only got one and they got rid of the beavertail stand years ago (which was a shame as they were very tasty).

It's not a table service restaurant. It's going to be classified by Disney as a lounge, similar to Tutto Gusto and La Cava del Tequila.

As for whether or not they will let you keep a table for hours in order to see Illuminations (I'd assume that there are not going to be that many guests holding a table for four hours), we have yet to find that out. Lounges generally don't kick anybody out.

I do think it's nice to see more interesting food options although I agree with a couple of other people who thought it was odd that Morocco got a 3rd place to eat. Maybe Canada could be next? It's only got one and they got rid of the beavertail stand years ago (which was a shame as they were very tasty).

There have been rumours for several years about a proposed hockey themed bar coming to Canada...maybe we'll eventually see that. I agree that it's time to do something at Canada (and to finally have a place that sells our beloved Unibroue all year long).

Oooh, those cakes sound divine! Might stop here for a bite to eat and a cake and drink! :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed it Sunday. Had the burger and fries and chicken fingers. HA! No, it was Tingis Sampler, Hummus and Sangria. It was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful.

Tutto Gusto doesn't take dining plan, has no reservations, no Illuminations view and is expensive and is going great guns.

Maybe Italian food is considered more palatable than the Moroccan style by most guests. I am sure many are walking by there and skipping it because they don't see anything sufficiently "plain" or recognizable on the menu. Everyone I know who've tried Spice Road have liked the food, despite mentioning that it is expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter