• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spice Road Table Fireworks Dining Package

While I think R&C offers slightly better value, I have a picky eater coming so this may suit us better. I am SO glad this will be available to book online, even if I don't get it...it'll be a more pleasant experience for all of us.

For anyone who has ate here during the fireworks, how good was your view? I always wonder if the covered dining area means you can't see the higher fireworks. Also, if you are seated further from the water do you still get a good view? It seems like there are a few rows of tables and that sitting further back would impact your view.

I'm also curious in general how the show works with the barges. With Illuminations essentially every angle was a good angle because the Earth in the center of the lake spun. But if those larger barges are projecting images, I wonder if there will now be "prime" viewing spots or angles. We probably wouldn't know until the show actually premiers though.

For anyone who has ate here during the fireworks, how good was your view? I always wonder if the covered dining area means you can't see the higher fireworks. Also, if you are seated further from the water do you still get a good view? It seems like there are a few rows of tables and that sitting further back would impact your view.

I'm also curious in general how the show works with the barges. With Illuminations essentially every angle was a good angle because the Earth in the center of the lake spun. But if those larger barges are projecting images, I wonder if there will now be "prime" viewing spots or angles. We probably wouldn't know until the show actually premiers though.
Years ago we ate there during fireworks and it was good. We were seated near the water. Your view would be limited if you are farther back in the patio.

I was always a big fan butI thought the quality had slipped there even before Covid. But lots could have changed.

Years ago we ate there during fireworks and it was good. We were seated near the water. Your view would be limited if you are farther back in the patio.

I was always a big fan butI thought the quality had slipped there even before Covid. But lots could have changed.
Thanks! Also wondering if the same is true at the Rose and Crown. I ate there once but not during the fireworks so I don't exactly remember what the view was like.

And gosh, I would really hate to spend all that money and be seated all the way in the back. For $80 or whatever the price was I would hope for great view. I almost wonder if it's best to just take your chances and hunt out a spot on your own around the lagoon.

We watched Illuminations from R & C back in 2018. It was actually just a couple of weeks prior to Disney introducing the dining package there. We lucked out and got seats on the upper terrace and they were wonderful. But I'm wondering about how that will hold up with Harmonious considering all of the screens. From what I've seen it appears that the best viewing of the projections will be looking straight at the barges from the entrance to World Showcase or (I assume) from the back side somewhere near the American pavilion. It seems to me that R & C will put you on a pretty severe angle from the optimum viewing areas and that Spice Road might be better? But I do have concerns about Spice Road being covered. Will we see the fireworks if we are too far back from the water?

Or maybe I'm way off base! It's a lot of money, but we really love being able to sit and relax to watch the evening fireworks (we're getting older and the joints don't work as well as they once did :goodvibes ). I'd hate to screw up and pay all that money and end up with a less than stellar view.

The show has changed and will begin October 1st. New show is Harmonious.

Since the show will change, nobody can offer a sensible review yet.

Only reason we did the dining package for the previous show was because we had a toddler. The view was not special, but it was convenient. Placement of barges for Harmonious could change that opinion.

I did two Epcot fireworks dinners before most of the dining packages came out: Spice Road Table and La Hacienda de San Angel. If a great view of the show itself was the important thing to me, I'm not sure I'd do a dining package. I also did a Tomorrowland terrace dessert party at MK and didn't realize I hadn't paid for the actual terrace but had to go to a different spot for fireworks. So I may be a little jaded on these packages.

But, as the PP says - we don't know what it's going to look like with Harmonious so all this advice may not be particularly helpful.

We had appetizers and drinks at Spice road table during our labor day trip and since we saw the show from the front of Epcot (right up against the railing!) two days earlier a clear view wasn't as much of a priority.

We were seated 3 rows back from the water at SRT and could not see much of anything. We loved the food and the service was excellent but based on my view I would not book the fireworks package.

eta, just to be clear his was Epcot Forever not the new Harmonious show!

Last edited:
We had appetizers and drinks at Spice road table during our labor day trip and since we saw the show from the front of Epcot (right up against the railing!) two days earlier a clear view wasn't as much of a priority.

We were seated 3 rows back from the water at SRT and could not see much of anything. We loved the food and the service was excellent but based on my view I would not book the fireworks package.

eta, just to be clear his was Epcot Forever not the new Harmonious show!
Thank you for this! We have the package booked for the 25th; we are on the fence considering the reviews of Harmonious and the view situation.

Thank you for this! We have the package booked for the 25th; we are on the fence considering the reviews of Harmonious and the view situation.

I don't know how much of Harmonious will be/is the higher fireworks but we couldn't see any of the higher ones.

If you are in WS prior to your reservation take a look at the set up from outside. IMHO only the first row and maybe the 2nd row of tables will have a good view. I will say the food we had was among the best we had that trip and our waiter was terrific. OTOH we paid a fraction of the cost of the fix price they are charging - I think we all ate for the price of one fireworks package!

My dd and niece walked up to the rail on the advice of the waiter and even though they swished to the side out of view from anyone the folks at the front tables made them uncomfortable so they came back and sat toward the front of our table.

Not complaining - just sharing :) We knew we were not going to have the best view but we were tired and hungry and done with crowds so this was a great choice for us at the time. If I had paid the price they are charging for this fireworks view and been seated at the same table I would have been very upset.

I don't know how much of Harmonious will be/is the higher fireworks but we couldn't see any of the higher ones.

If you are in WS prior to your reservation take a look at the set up from outside. IMHO only the first row and maybe the 2nd row of tables will have a good view. I will say the food we had was among the best we had that trip and our waiter was terrific. OTOH we paid a fraction of the cost of the fix price they are charging - I think we all ate for the price of one fireworks package!

My dd and niece walked up to the rail on the advice of the waiter and even though they swished to the side out of view from anyone the folks at the front tables made them uncomfortable so they came back and sat toward the front of our table.

Not complaining - just sharing :) We knew we were not going to have the best view but we were tired and hungry and done with crowds so this was a great choice for us at the time. If I had paid the price they are charging for this fireworks view and been seated at the same table I would have been very upset.
Thank you again for all the details. I think we will probably cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter