SPF Sun Lotion Question?

Whitegloves

Creative Arts!
Can anyone suggest a high spf sun lotion for the water parks? My daughter's fiance is a very light skinned, strawberry blonde who burns super easily. We are looking for the best protection so we can all go to the water parks and not feel like it is a 'Mark' BBQ. Poor boy really suffered August. We thought the stuff we had bought was doing the job, until later that night. This year we are going the first of June but I'm sure he can burn just as easily then. Thanks in advance for any help. =0)

I use Coppertone Sport lotion, spf 30. I'm fair and hate to burn. This lotion somehow feels dry. It has to be put on 30 minutes before getting in to the sun. Replenish every three hours.

For noses I like Face Sense. Thick zinc oxide stuff you see on surfer noses.

Without bathing suit straps it's hard to tell when guys are burning until it's too late. Suggestion: stick a band-aid on his shoulder. Check under it - you'll have some warning and can bring in the backup t-shirt.

I second the recommendation of the Coppertone Sport lotion - 30 spf. It is very waterproof. This stuff REALLY works and it feels decent on. My DH is very fair skinned and burns easily - so it is critical we keep him slathered in this stuff. In all our trips of going to Florida in the spring (when he is at his winter whitest!) he has yet to burn. We spend several days at the water parks too - just remember to reapply periodically.

Sea and Ski spray on, SPF 30 (higher than 30 is irrelevant, BTW, since all sunscreens should be reapplied every 30 minutes anyway.) It is REALLY waterproof, does not require rubbing at all, and is not greasy, so it won't mess up clothes. It sprays on white and dries clear, so you can see where it is going and not miss spots. Also, it does not have a sweet odor like the Coppertone, so it does not attract insects.

I use a Neutrogena wax stick for my face, as it does not run into my eyes. I've heard that zinc-oxide diaper-rash ointments are the best facial coverage if you don't mind whiteface, but I'm vain enough not to want to do that. He probably should rub sunscreen into his scalp as well; we redheads get some killer scalp burns on swim days.

I reapply every 20 minutes, or I pay, no matter what I use. I find that the Sea & Ski spray makes it less of a chore.

BTW: if he has any scars from previous sunburns, make sure to triple-coat those areas; a new burn on an old burn scar is horrendously painful.

WE used Coppertone GEL 30sfp on our Faces,it dries FAST and does not run into your eyes[even if you sweat!!] It was AWESOME! Not one of us burned, not even the 18 month old!!

Then we used the Coppertone Spray the largest number it came in. It work Awesome too!!

I was real shocked at how much better they worked than the creme sunblocks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter