• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spend Whole Day at HS?

ChicagoMom

Mouseketeer
HS is the only park I've never been to before and I've never been very interested in it.

It will be me, my DH and our almost 5 YO DD. I have FPs for TSMM, Disney Junior (DD is a huge Jake fan) and Voyage of the Little Mermaid and ressies for 50's PT for dinner (5:35). Last FP is at 12:25. I'm wondering what in the heck we will do for the 5 hours before our dinner ressie. I can't move up the ressie at 50's.

There is availability at other restaurants at Epcot and the Epcot area resorts for an early dinner. I can get 4PM at Beaches and Cream or the Rose and Crown. I've never been to either restaurant.

What do you think? Can we really fill 4 hours at HS? Or go to B&C an early dinner and then spend the evening at Epcot

How does the 50's Diner compare to B&C? 50's menu looks more interesting.

Don't forget about the Animation building, you can learn how to draw a Disney character and you can do M&Gs with some Disney characters as well, plus movie with Mushu is cute too. There are a lot of other fun interactive things that your 5 yr old would really enjoy.

Our family always makes a full day out of DHS (a lot of times 2 full days), but my kids are older therefore they like more rides (i.e. RnRC and ToT). However, when they were that age, we always did half days, or at the very least, went back to the resort and did some R&R before heading back for dinner. With the kids being 13 and 11, we are able to go to this park (and this the only park we can do this) without having to return to our resort, I don't know if it is the fact that it is the smallest park, or because there are so many show that we go to so we are always sitting :goodvibes.

Beauty and the Beast show
Great Movie Ride
Lights Motor Action stunt show
Animation Academy
Indiana Jones Show
Walt Disney One Man's Dream exhibit
Star Tours
Muppets 3D
Grab an ice cream from Dinosaur Gertie- Yum!
And just walk around and look at all the different areas....so much to see! My kids thought it was great to run into the Green Army Men just hanging out at Pixar Place.
I'm sure you will have no problem filling in that time. DHS has always been a full day park for our family! Have fun! :yay:

There's also a fun playground- Honey I Shrunk the Kids- that kids could kill a lot of time in, and the adults can sit and relax. I'd highly recommend the Beauty and the Beast show.

I don't know if your DD is into meeting the characters but there are a lot of Pixar and Disney JR characters that can only be met in HS. It's honestly a 2 day park for us since DS always wants to see so many of the character there. Buzz and Woody, Sofia the 1st, Jake, Handy Manny, Mike and Sully, Mr. Incredible, Phineas and Ferb, etc. Ds loves Jedi Training, and a lot of the shows are must dos Beauty and Beast live, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Jr live, Muppets, etc. There is the Frozen sing along going on now as well as Fantasmic.

There's the Frozen Sing Along and Beauty and the Beast show, you could also take a break and go back to your resort for a couple hours. I would keep Prime Time over the other restaurants you mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter