Spend the Inheritance .. 31 july to 13 august pre and post trip report

Adr day(s) done. First day the technology really didnt work. I think it didnt like me being in the uk. But today it went fine. So spice road, steakhouse 71, crystal palace (for breakfast), hoop de doo review, beaches and cream and space 220 booked. Think im going to change 220 for the lounge.

We also found 2 of our old magic bands from 2019. So ill attach them to the app. I also found the 2016 versions which we wont attach.

Less than 2 months to go!!!!!

Very happy for you that your trip is finally coming together! I hope you have a wonderful time. Just be prepared for the heat- We have been to Disney in July and it can be oppressive but take breaks, and bring sunscreen, lots of sunscreen. 😏 Looking forward to hearing more.

Very happy for you that your trip is finally coming together! I hope you have a wonderful time. Just be prepared for the heat- We have been to Disney in July and it can be oppressive but take breaks, and bring sunscreen, lots of sunscreen. 😏 Looking forward to hearing more.
Its going to be hotter than a very hot thing but i don't care as i'll be in disney. Before kids i aimed for florida in march or october but we are now stuck in school holidays. Sunscreen. Rests, prefrably with Air con or pool and lots of water. We have 14 nights so dont have to rush anywhere.

Just want to tell the world how awesome my daughter is. She just made me a disney rucksac for our forthcoming trip.

she had never put in a zip in before and this has 3! And itvis purple and has minnie on it.

I am so proud.
20230605_221330_copy_750x1000.jpg

20230605_221410_copy_750x1000.jpg

29 sleeps till disney.

I found the cirque du solie email in my junk folder. So i have now purchased the 3rd seat and reserved our seats. All i have to do is book the mears bus and pack!!

Little busy between now and then, mainly running around after the daughter who has 2 days of music for youth in birmingham (its the national finals and if you do well there and you fit what they want in the program you might get to play at the royal albert hall). She also has 1 more uni visit, 1 weeks work experience and her music tour.

Our "rules" for the holiday
we are going to try and do the 4 park challenge on our last full day so we end the holiday with fireworks at mk. 1 ride 1 photo and 1 snack in each park.

If there isnt a queue we will get our photos taken.

If the queue is less than 20 mins we will ride .

if we start early there will be pool time in the afternoon . No rope drop to park close for us!

so excited.

L

Finally! Your trip is right around the corner. Hope you all have the best time ever :earsboy: :earsboy::earsboy:

So I've been back a week. Definitely have the post Disney blues. So im now going to attempt some trip report., i'm going to have to do it reasonably quickly as i forgot to pack a notebook so only have photos and memory to work out what happened in what order.

So it won't be an every ride and how much i spent as I didn't keep track. Hopefully it will be a go with the flow with highlights, lowlights and semi interesting bits thrown in, ordered by the days we did.

If you've got this far well done and i hope we all keep up (especially me).

To recap the basic plot.

I, with my two teenage children, Amelia aged 17 and Zach aged 15, left The Grumpy One (Rob, my significant other and their dad) at home in our small sleepy village in Northamptonshire (uk) as he doesn't like the Mouse.

We visited the world arriving on the 31st July and staying at the Beach Club for 14 whole nights. It was the Florida's hotest summer ever. Even the locals were complaining.

I had reserved a park for each day, but was expecting to to a few rest days. I had a handful of dining reservations. Amelia had made a list of rides we wanted to do that was added to during the holiday. I think the peoplemover was on 4 times. But it was going to be a go with the flow kind of time. And finally a photo to keep you interested ...

20230731_175508_copy_2250x3000.jpg

... yes it was raining when we arrived. But more of that later. I've got to go get ready and go to work now.

30th July .. day before travelling to America.

Amelia had safely navigated 6 countries, a 24 hour coach journey and music tour of the cech republic

She is first oboe in the northamptonshire county concert band. Go to 8 mins in and listen to the piece called october, to be fair the rest is pretty awesome as well, but i am biased and it makes me cry everytime i hear her solo.
I had completed the washing. Been to a yarn festival the day before and had packed. We had stripped and then made the beds as the grumpy one was having friends over when we were away.
it was 1pm. The car was loaded, the play list was Disney tunes and we were on our way. I could feel the smile on my face. We were on Holiday.
2.5 hours later we got to Manchester, to our overnight stop, staying with the MIL. She lives 15 mins from the airport and uncle Pete (grumpy one's brother) lives 2 steets away. Very useful as car can stay outside MIL's for the duration and Pete can drive us to and from the airport. We realised we had forgotten brush for Zach's hair and my crocs. We would deal with this later.

So chinese for tea and an early night.
31st july .. travelling ... monday?
I lose track of days of the week so quickly when im on holiday.
But we were picked up somewhen between 7.30 and 8 and dropped off at t2 manchester airport.
Now the big deal part of the trip... it turns out if you pay the correct money you can fly business. If you can, do. It was sooo much nicer. The give you short queues, fast track through security, a nice lounge were we had breakfast.
20230731_082354_copy_2250x3000.jpg

It doesn't matter how scruffy you look either!

We got on to the plane and they givevypu champagne

Food is on proper plates and real cutlery too. But soup in turbulance is interesting.

20230731_105042_copy_2250x3000.jpg20230731_130842_copy_2250x3000.jpg

20230731_103242_copy_2250x3000.jpg

The flight was uneventful. Except the last 20 mins took an hour as we circled mco due to storms. We finally made it in with a few big bumps on the way down.

Waited an age for the luggage to start coming around but when they eventually started ours were near the front. So through to imigration. A had apples so they had to be removed.

But eventually made it to mears connect and got on a minibus, all by ourselves, and off to disney we went through the rain.

Our room was ready .. 2575... with the sofa bed thing. think it was 6ish by now .. we had been up 17 hours so far... so unpack, have a bit of a wonder around and go to bed early. Zach got the sofa bed, he may be the tallest, but he is the youngest and amelia dibsed the bed.

Our first full day would be MK. But that will be in the next post.

Attachments

• 20230731_130853_copy_2250x3000.jpg
    20230731_130853_copy_2250x3000.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
So here goes our first day in the parks.

Remember we have lots of days, and this is kids 3rd trip.

First was in 2016, with the grumpy one.

P1000268_copy_1224x918.jpg

2nd in 2019, without him

505726950_930330532_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_copy_2784x1856.jpeg

So, we think we know what we are doing (spoiler, we dont). Both previous times we started with a character breakfast at Tusker House. We had decided to switch it up a bit and go mk for our first day. Rope drope was on the cards as we woke up.at stupid o'clock due to time differences (5 hours is a lot of adjusting even going the easy way of west). So got up to see sunrise and take pictures of the view.20230801_062200_copy_3000x2250.jpg

20230801_063814_copy_2250x3000.jpg

I can't remember where we found breakfast but we did, and headed to the bus to mk. We made it there during early entry.20230801_081219_copy_2052x2736.jpg

Our first view of the castle. I get emotional every time.

20230801_082633_copy_2250x3000.jpg

Looks like we stoped for a photo ..1140230319_HIGH_copy_4176x2784.jpg

And went to ride ... well 7dmt already had a long queue so it was ..... peter pan! 35 mins later we walked onto its a small world. I have to inflict on them everytime. They also get the story of me working in a server room above it during park opening of eurodisney. (When i got the tshirt Amelia is wearing).

Then over to tomorrowland to do the rides there ( well mainly people mover). We first tried to kill aliens (im really bad at it), very hot line outside in the baking sun and it wasn't 10 am yet. Then i think we moved.

20230801_095718_copy_2250x3000.jpg

See how happy she is!

We the went to the laugh show as hot and ac.

I think we then headed over to the jungle cruise, it's one of zach's favorites. Fantastic skipper stephanie and a reasonable position on the boat so we could hear. Zach is still making the jokes.

Lunch was at caseys. Never been there before, may go back. It was heaving with people but managed to find 3 chairs, though not a table. We werent going outside, it was too hot!!!

Then we were heading back to the resort For some chill time. But got waylaid by a train. So one tour around the park later we left .

But we will be back for fireworks in the next post.

I20230801_134540_copy_2250x3000.jpg

Attachments

• 20230801_134245_copy_2250x3000.jpg
    20230801_134245_copy_2250x3000.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 6
Sorry, rl has got in the way. So whete was I?

We had left mk for our afternoon break. I was already melting, it was only our first park day and we had woken up at stupid o'clock.

We went back to the beach club, rested up a bit and found sime food at the market place. Very disappointed bt the mac and cheese, zach wouldn't eat it so he had my salad and i got it instead.

On the whole i wasnt impressed by the quick service there. Much better was to be had elsewhere, even the yc was better.

Anyway we headed back. Went on pirates
1141006768_HIGH_copy_2960x1973.jpg

And wondered round the castle

20230801_203243_copy_2250x3000.jpg

(Pretty pleased with this photo) to philamagic. Loved this as ever. Like the fact it has new bits. As we left it was time for the fireworks. We watched from just by the carosel. You din't get the story or projections but it is way less busy and you feel like you are in the middle of the explosions, with some going off by the castle but the majority behind you.

After that we fought our way back through the park and to the bus back home.

First full day completed sucessfully.

So it was an epcot day today. Nice easy walk in. So we lazed around, face timed the grumpy one. I clicked for the virtual queue for guardians at 7 am for the kids (i do not roller coaster), whilst sitting on the balcony, and got boarding group 11.

Somehow we took our time to really get moving so we weren't in the park when the group got called.

So the kids power walked to guardiand whilst i slowly took my time.
And took some photos
20230802_090705_copy_3000x2250.jpg

20230802_090708_copy_3000x2250.jpg

Before getting an iced coffee.
20230802_090944_copy_2250x3000.jpg

Zach was realky into blue donuts by this point. We were all disapointed that the micky donuts in starbucks were no longer on offer and these were the next best thing.

I went on nemo. They were still in the q.

Lots of messages later. Looked like guardians had broken. I took more pics including the iconic

20230802_094128_copy_2250x3000.jpg

Spaceship earth.

I then waited for kids, who were in a queue inside with ac. I was outside. It was hot. I drank water. I waited. The ride was offically broken. I looked at baby groots that sit on your shoulder. I waited. After a lot of whats app messages we decided that they should leave, after talking to a cm who gave them a lightning lane for later.

We headed to the world show case and met a dog on the way
1141241228_HIGH_copy_2784x4176.jpg

Matching t-shirts are us. They are the ones we wore last visit but zach's may be too small now.

Then we went to visit mexico and rode the grand fiesta.

Another meet and greet1141278488_HIGH_copy_4176x2784.jpg

And a happy amelia
1141278211_HIGH_copy_2784x4176.jpg

I think we then ate, using our first adr of the trip, at the spice table.
20230802_133642_copy_2250x3000.jpg

Food was very good. The calamari was very tender and some of the best i've ever eaten. Only disappointment was the amount (not enough) of bread with the hummus. Lots of water drank.

Then it was back to see frozen.
506843882_931613308_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_copy_1626x2438.jpeg

And 2023
1141386050_HIGH(1)_copy_1998x2997.jpg

Zach has got taller. I have got greyer. We have washed the clothes between times (honestly)!!!

BY then I was feeling a bit yuck. So left the kids to go back to guardians as it was running again. I headed back to the room for a sleep. Honestly i think i got a bit over heated and maybe dehydrated. It was brutal out there.

Zach hasn't forgiven amelia for 'tricking' him on to a roller coster. Amelia says it was really funny watching him scream.

They made it back. I was still feeling yuck. So I snacked in the room whilst they went back in and did some food and wine festival for food.

I Love epcot. It may be my favorite park. But there is a lot of building work going on and no shade. Im sure it will be lovely but it isnt as nice right now. Also no bmax meet. I have photos of him meeting my 2 both previous visits so would have been nice to see them growing up one more time (i had plans for the 3 photos together). Such is life. And if they are my problems life is pretty good.

If day one was rides day 2 was meeting and taking a bit more time. Still had rides to do but we would be back.

So another day and another park done.

Onwards to ak on thursday. See you in the next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter