Spend the Inheritance .. 31 july to 13 august pre and post trip report

OurLuce

Mouseketeer
Hi my name is lucy. And i love disney.

So where do i start? And will we actually get there? The first i can do. Second, hopefully.

My name is lucy. I am mum to 2 teenagers and other half to a grumpy one who doesnt do disney and wont be coming on this trip.

508950727_933884090_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_copy_1392x928.jpeg

This is from our last trip in august 2019 when the grumpy one didnt come.

So first proper intros.
Im lucy and will be 54 by this trip. If you say it quickly it doesnt sound too bad. My oldest will be 16, her name is amelia. Her first trip was in my tummy, we found out she was coming whilst in florida. Zach is 14 getting big. We live in a small sleepy villiage in northamptonshire in the uk.

We went to disney in 2016. When z was 8 and amelia was 10.P1000384_copy_1224x918.jpg

There were small and cute and loved disney. Their dad didnt. We stayed at akl it was fantastic. We werent going again.

So the following year we went on a disney cruise to alaska. It was fab. Turns out the grumpy one doesnt like boats either.

So in 2019 we went to disney without him.
506539809_931230106_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_copy_1237x1856.jpeg

See how they grew?

We stayed at all star sports ... we had a fantastic time.

In 2020 we, without grumpy one, were going to have a cruise round the med, without the mouse. Well that didnt happen.

So last summer (i think 2021? It could have been 2020 revisited) we managed to have a c!*p summer. We had 21 days of isolation at the beginning of the school hols due to getting covid sequentially. Luckily none of us were very ill, just a couple of days in bed for the adults. Then my mother had a stroke and i had to spend a couple of weeks, with my sister, whilst she died.

It has all being a bit difficult, she didnt leave a will. So we are in process of getting probate and winding up her estate.

So I deserve some fun and sunshine and I will have some money, which really helps when going to disney. So if the money comes through and covid doesnt get in the way we, me and the kids, are going to see the main mouse and all his friends.

20211026_133003_copy_756x1008.jpg

The kids now. Z has grown more.

I have a job in school, and need to be in the school on the 17,18, 24 and 25th august when A level and gcse results come out. Amelia will be getting her gcse's on the 25th!!
The hopefully, not booked yet, holiday :
So to get 14 nights away we need to go by the 1st august. I want to stay at the yacht club, for the walk to epcot, but maybe a split stay? I would love to go to the poly but that doesnt seem to be open/ available so something else near magic kingdom ...

Dreaming is such a wonderful thing to do.

Sorry to hear about your mom :hug:

Plan your vacation and have a great time. Leaving grumpy home?

Sorry to hear about your mom and wish you well with the trip! We always do a split stay because we love walking to/from the parks and resorts as much as possible. If you can find and swing a MK resort for the second half, I think it is well worth it. We also love a lot of the restaurants in that area at Poly and GF, so another bonus of being there. Wilderness Lodge has good access to MK too, but not walking.

So it is almost the end of april. Probate hasnt come through yet, but hopefully will early may. The house has sold but we cant exchange or complete till the probate. Touch wood it wil all be done by end of may so do i have time to book everything for leaving about the 29th july?

Waiting is very hard. Zach wants to go as much as i do.

And some photos of the last time we were in the most magical place on earth

504451095_928855228_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_copy_1392x928.jpeg504450478_928855227_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_copy_2784x1856.jpeg20190822_210152_copy_756x1008_1.jpg

We arent going this year :-(

But 2023 is going to happen. Split stay 1 week in beach club 1 week in magic kingdom area, hopefully the poly, but we will see. Just need to phone disney and put the deposit down.

Is it too early to be excited?

Ive just booked beach club for 14 nights aug 1st to 15th 2023. Couldnt split stay and still get dinning credits for the 2nd half so 1 location it is. Still have to add flights. Very excited.

Oh no. Honestly, I am pushing off trip until 2023 as I am hopeful Genie+ will work out some of the kinks by then. I definately do not think it is too soon to get excited! : )

And we finally have probate!!! 11 months after she died. I think ive got our dates slightly out.

I need to be back in the uk the day before the day before a level results come out so i can be in school. So results are 16th aug 2023. Need to be at work on 15th so need to be home on 14th rather than being at heathrow at 9am after a night flight with jet lag.

Also need to be thoughtful of which county group amelia gets into this year. If it is the concert band then she will hopefully have a european tour as soon as school finishes. She plays oboe .. https://fb.watch/esMmkP2jFL/
She is the oboe playing at the beginning of the 2nd movement, 3mins 30 in
(Or Facebook search for nmpat and go down a bit) its a proud mum moment.

But back to disney stuff,waiting for flights to be available. I need to start the spreadsheet but over a year out, even for me, sounds a little excesive.

And we have a week in spain, flying out on the 3rd. Already got the boarding passes printed.

Life finally moving on.

Woop. Woop.

Im currently in the queue to talk to a disney person to move the dates forward by a day and book some flights. Amelia gets back from prague (county music tour) on the 26th july so i might not have to take dirty washing to disney as i have time do her washing.

It is real. I have a huge smile on my face.

I'm sorry, not sorry, but you guys are going to get my ramblings as i plan this, it is only 10 months away after all ..... and you get my excitment. To be fair so do my kids (I've brought them up properly) but my dh really doesnt get it.

So flights are booked. We fly from Manchester on the 31st July 2023. It was *only* £2k more expensive to fly business from manchester than direct economy from heathrow and we have family who live 10 mins from the airport so i can stay the night before then leave the car at their house and get a lift to/from the airport.

The spreadsheet has been started.

And it is half term week. So we are currently staying in an old townhouse in the centre of gent in Belgium. It is rather lovely. The house is owned by an interior designer so is very beautiful to look at but there isnt a comfy chair in the house. But Gent is lovely. We have bought chocolate and eaten mussels and waffles and drunk beer so all is good with the world.
20221025_094904_copy_1512x2016.jpg20221025_101825_copy_1512x2016.jpg20221025_193955_copy_1512x2016.jpg20221026_131645_copy_767x1348.jpg20221025_204446_copy_2016x1512.jpg20221025_111559_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Attachments

• 20221025_095436_copy_5440x1720.jpg
    20221025_095436_copy_5440x1720.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 6
So only 7 months to go ....

And some questions:
We have dinning credits, can i use them for tip as well as pay for the meal?
We have 2 circe du sol tickets included, how do i know which night they are for and how do i get a third?
Can you park hop after 2 without any park reservation?

We last went in '19 and it feels like a lifetime ago and everything has changed. Im already missing the ME. And i just got the hang of fast passes.

Thinking about snagging 3 or 4 adrs.
So whats you favorite character meal that doesnt break the bank?
Nice resturants to go visit whilst resort hoping?

23 must be better than 22, we are going to disney 8-)

So only 7 months to go ....

And some questions:
We have dinning credits, can i use them for tip as well as pay for the meal?
We have 2 circe du sol tickets included, how do i know which night they are for and how do i get a third?
Can you park hop after 2 without any park reservation?

We last went in '19 and it feels like a lifetime ago and everything has changed. Im already missing the ME. And i just got the hang of fast passes.

Thinking about snagging 3 or 4 adrs.
So whats you favorite character meal that doesnt break the bank?
Nice resturants to go visit whilst resort hoping?

23 must be better than 22, we are going to disney 8-)

How exciting to be planning a Disney trip! I'm in the process of renting DVC points (through a disboards member) for the beginning of December. And that means time to get active on here again. Oh, and I've had my spreadsheet started since the middle of 2022...

The only question of yours that I can answer is about the park hopping. Unless it has changed since we were there the end of 2021, you can hop to any park after 2:00 pm, and you do not need park reservations to do so.

I wish I could answer your other questions, but we're the odd couple who aren't really into the Disney food scene. We're quite content with Casey's hotdogs or a burger from somewhere. But I will say that we really enjoyed Raglan Road at Disney Springs last time we were there. It is a little pricy though, and seeing as you're from the UK, their food might not seem as exotic to you as it is to someone from rural Wisconsin like me!

Hi - new to the boards here. My family of four went in early December and did three character lunches at Tusker House (AK), Hollywood & Vine (HS) and Garden Grill (Epcot). I don't know of a way to do character dining for cheaper except to go for breakfast where the meals themselves are less expensive. Our favorite was Tusker House, but it may be that we are slightly more adventurous eaters. Chip and Dale at Garden Grill were probably the most outgoing characters :). For my 8 and 5 year old, it was absolutely worth it! Enjoy your trip!

If it has not changed, before you hop, you must have gone in the park you had a reservation for first.

Or you need to cancel the current park and reserve the park you want to hop to - usually not a problem unless it's during peak times.

Getting close to adr day. 1st june. Resturants i think im going for:

Steakhouse 71
Topilinos for breakfast
Hoop de doo
Ohana

Maybe sci fi diner? Its cold and dark but good burgers and shakes.

Meanwhile still to book the airport transfer. I know i could uber it, but we are coming in from the uk so i dont really want to put my data on... which reminds me i need to check international roaming on the phones ....

And then daughter says "if we go to the space centre it will look good on my personal statement" [for us readers it is part of her university application and she wants to study areospace engineering]. She was talking leicester space centre in the uk .. i asumed kennedy ... so im looking up tours as i refuse to drive as im on holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter