Speed of online system...

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
Just wondering how smoothly it usually runs? I have nightmares of it all freezing up or the like as I'm trying to do ADRs... on the average does it run pretty smoothly at 6 a.m.???

I made mine last month at 6am and I didn't have any problems at all. I was done booking all my reservations within 10 minutes.

As smooth as it ever does...
The Disney sites are known for their instability and sloooooowness.

Really, though, even though it seems like you will be battling raging hordes of thousands of people to get your ADRs done at 6am, the truth is that there will likely be relatively little traffic around at that hour. The only ones you should be stressed about would be things like breakfast/lunch at CRT or possibly dinner at Le Cellier. I don't try for either of those, so I can't tell you how easy it might be to beat the masses to those slots, but for the most part I wouldn't stress out over the general experience/time it takes to book your list.

The system automatically searches an hour before and an hour after your requested times to present you with the closest possible matches. For example, if you put in for a table at Crystal Palace for 2 adults and 2 children at 9:45am on October 23rd, it will automatically search all available spots from 8:45am to 10:45 am, and present you the one or two closest options to 9:45am.

It will also automatically present four or five alternative restaurants, matched for how close they are to your original choice geographically and/or how closely the type or cuisine matches your original choice. So if by some odd chance of fate one of your original choices is not available at 6:07am on your 190th day before arrival, you can see what is available in the area at the same timeframe.

Remember too that if the website is slow for you, it is slow for everyone, so it's all relative. You'll be fine. :)

I've never had problems with the dining reservation online system. It seems to run smoothly although not necessarily quickly. :)

Thank you! We arrive Oct 25 and there are TWO I really want for particular times... CRT for lunch on October 28 and Cali Grill for my birthday on Oct 27... I need to stop stressing!!! LOL! We will have a fabulous vacation regardless and I can move CRT and all our plans until later in the vaca... although it will be super magical if we can get those slots! :love:

Thank you! We arrive Oct 25 and there are TWO I really want for particular times... CRT for lunch on October 28 and Cali Grill for my birthday on Oct 27... I need to stop stressing!!! LOL! We will have a fabulous vacation regardless and I can move CRT and all our plans until later in the vaca... although it will be super magical if we can get those slots! :love:

Breath.. It will be ok.. My BFF just booked her trip for Aug and there was still a table at CRT for like 815 am.. And this is 4 months before the trip. .The site has always done find for me.. So just relax and remember that if you don't get what you are looking for you can always keep checking cause people chang their minds every day !!

California Grill shouldn't be a problem, I've booked there less than 30 days before arrival and gotten what I wanted.

CRT may be a little more difficult, but if you can be flexible with the time (as in, any ol' lunch time will do) it should come out okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter