SPECULATION: Possible Return of Annual Pass Sales

iteachlit

DIS Veteran
NOTE: This is pure speculation on my part. I don't have any inside information. I'm simply piecing together some clues.

I noticed a change to the Annual Pass purchase page on Tuesday, August 2. The Sorcerer Pass had returned to the page. The page had previously only shown the unavailable Incredi-pass and a renewal link.

I just visited the page a few minutes ago. It now displays no passes at all, just the Seven Dwarfs "we are currently making updates" graphic. All ticket pages are showing the same message. I guess it's possible that it could be routine maintenance or the dreaded price increases.

Time will tell.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.19.17 AM.png

The page is live again. Both Incredi-pass and Sorcerer are showing as unavailable.

Hmmm.

I moved to the west coast of Florida but used to live 10 miles from WDW. We had passes then, but we let them go when we moved. I miss Disney, and would love to have a pass again. We are only an hour and a half from the parks, but the Pixie pass doesn't work well from this distance. I hope the passes return soon!

I check the AP site 2-3 times a week, and nothing looks different for me. All 4 passes are shown (I am signed into the WDW site as FL Resident) and the only one available to purchase is the Pixie Pass. I'd love to believe something's about to change, but somehow I doubt it.

I keep hearing about how park pass reservations are difficult to get, but when I look at the calendar today, All Parks Everyday for the next year are available for AP holders (except for Blockout dates for certain APs of course). I'm sure it's an inconveince to have to sign up for a Park Pass Reservation, but it doesn't look like it's currently limiting anyone's experience (unless someone wants to book more days than they have available).

We were talking about getting APs back in Feb 2020 for a trip that fall. Then when they became available last year, we had starting planning for early Spring this year, but everyone knows what happened. Bad timing on our part. Of course the next time they become available, I don't think we'll hesitate to purchase, and then just activate them whenever we get the chance to go to the parks.

The page is different from hour-to-hour. At times, I see only the Incredi-pass. Then the Sorcerer Pass appears at odd times throughout the day.

My guess is that this behavior is being driven by changes on the backend, a sign that other pass types may become available again soon.

That is odd indeed. Cross fingers they are testing to make sure it won't crash when it goes live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter