Specifically, OGA’s…

On top of advice here: we also had great luck joining the walk up list at Oga's. Probably the easiest of all the bunch.

Other than that it's the 3 am magic hour for ADR's and mouse dining alerts are awesome. We got every single reservation we wanted for our party of 6 using the above strategies including Blue Bayou, Lamplight, Carthay etc.

I know some feel that all of the work to get ADR's is a PITA... and it is. But once you get to Disneyland it's worth it!

Oga's was one of the reservations I needed to get up at 3AM PST for. But...I did luck out and find a reservation in the middle of the afternoon once, so I'd just check a couple of times and hopefully get one.

I had no issue for Oga’s, Trader Sam’s or Blue Bayou at 5am Central (3a P and 6a E) this past week. Later in the morning I saw Oga’s again when I was just browsing on 2 of my days. I also have been checking for wait lists, next day and 2 days out since before Christmas. People definitely cancel everything, and I have seen pretty much every restaurant get canceled day before at least once and Oga’s regularly. Oga’s has wait list pretty much daily, and Trader Sam’s does occasionally. I figure with as much flexibility as I have seen the past few weeks, there will be some March 6-9 in case my family hates what I have done.

We had trouble getting Oga's for our October trip and I set alerts with mouse watcher and mouse dining. As it got close to our trip and during our trip, I got a ton of alerts of reservations popping up for Oga's. We got the days and times we wanted. Also, when we were there we noticed them taking walk ups about every evening at Ogas even though the app showed the walk up list was full. I would suggest walking up and trying any time you are in the area instead of just relying on the app. Good luck!!!!!
We did this in July. Alerts kept popping up, but I would miss them! Then, day of, one popped up which we were able to grab. It was worth the $8 (I think) paid for the alerts.

I was never able to get a reservation so we did walk-up last week. This was mid-week around 10am. The app said Waitlist was available so we booked it up to be close enough to join. We were in after about 10 minutes, standing at the bar. If this is big must-do for you, I recommend heading to the land first thing in the morning and check the waitlist.

Any suggestions for a party of 8? I’ve been checking (not going until Easter weekend and I know it will be jointed!) and there’s loads of options for 4 people but very few for 8. Do I need 2 accounts? We don’t even have to eat at the same table (youngest person is 15) but we’d like to eat at the same time (so they can let me pay for it haha!!!). Lamplight lounge brunch is my most wanted reservation! And Trader Sam’s is a must as well, but that might be just for 2 so hopefully I can snag that. Thanks! Hope you don’t mind me jumping in.

Best advice I got for a larger group was to do 2 reservations: so 2 tables of 4 or a 6 / 2 split. They merged our groups when we got there *or* you can split up adults/kids which our kids love. Cast members have never had a problem with one bill if it's the same server. Just show up 15 min early to let them know.

Last edited:

I was able to get reservations for a party of 8 at Oga's and Lamplight when reservations opened at 3am. For Lamplight I first tried on my phone, but I got a spinning circle and closed it. I tried again and the time I selected was gone so chose my next closest time. Still got a spinning circle. Switched to my computer and both times were gone. Refreshed and my original time showed up and I was able to reserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter