Specific suggestion for sandals

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW this Thursday for a week.
There appears to be a lot more rain forecasted than normal.
I need to go buy some comfortable shoes for the rain.
I hate wet tennis shoes and socks. I usually just put on my flip flops for a bit while it rains but they are not comfortable enough for all day.
I need specific recommendations for super comfy sandals that are good in the rain.
Thanks.

I prefer Keen's, but other brands I've seen recommended are Teva, Merrill and Chaco.

I cannot wear Chacos bc of the shape of the arch in them, but I adore my Keen Whisper and Keen Venice H2 sandals. They are very comfortable for the parks and dry off quickly. Hubby and Boy#2 also swear by Keen Newports, though Boy#1 hates sandals on general principal and prefers a surf style shoe with mesh uppers and drain holes in the soles.

I would try on several of the suggestions to see what you think works for you. Ebay is a great resource for almost new Keen's at a low price, but I don't think you have time for that.

We are headed to WDW this Thursday for a week.
There appears to be a lot more rain forecasted than normal.
I need to go buy some comfortable shoes for the rain.
I hate wet tennis shoes and socks. I usually just put on my flip flops for a bit while it rains but they are not comfortable enough for all day.
I need specific recommendations for super comfy sandals that are good in the rain.
Thanks.
I swear by my Tevas.

Fit Flops...I can walk miles in mine! I can't do that with any other shoe besides running shoes.

Try the Fit Flop Surfa style...the upper is fabric (nylon) that will dry quickly if it gets wet. These have terrific arch and heel support. I wear them for summer days at Disneyland all the time. LOVE them and they are stylish too, unlike Keens and Tevas (which, honestly, are the ugliest shoes ever).

I wore my Olu-Kai flip flops all over Disney (hated Fit Flops, though). I normally wear Birks, but will have my Olukais (I have the Ohana model.)in my bag if it starts pouring. We're heading there next Sunday. :)

It really depends on your specific feet. I personally have very high arches and extreme overpronation. Therefore, I need excellent arch support, as I have plantar fasciitis that results from these issues. I swear by Vionics brand flip flops, because they have a molded footbed with a super high arch support that, once my foot is acclimated to it, feels fantastic, and keeps my feet from hurting. They are literally currently my best arch support shoes.

If you need just a little support, then there are other brands out there, or if you need neutral shoes (no support), there are yet even more out there that would work well for you. It all depends on your feet. Some of the "good arch support" brands I've seen others swear by are nowhere near enough for me, so I can only say what works for me.

I have wider feet and a high arch. I swear by my Sketchers Yoga Mat Sandals. We were doing 14 miles a day on our trip in February and they were amazing. They have cloth straps so they don't dig. You have to get what best suites your feet. Try them on and walk around the store. I tired on dozens of recommended sandals before I bought the sketchers. If there was the slightest rub or they just didn't feel right, I didn't get them (and there were some I really wanted to work, they just didn't).

Has anybody tried Keen Uneek sandals in the parks? I just got a pair for our September trip and they seem super comfy!

DD and I have always worn Chacos for the arch support. I had foot surgery last fall (and broke a toe on the same foot a few weeks ago!) and my surgeon also recommends Chacos because they have rigid soles.

Living in Key West, I wear my Croc flip flops everywhere because they give me comfortable support. So, I also only wear my Croc flip flops at the parks and I'm ready for Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids. The most important tip: don't wear new shoes to the parks.

I wear Keen rose sandals and Chacos cloud. We encountered a lot of rain in the parks two weeks ago and the Chacos were great - foot didn't slide around in them when wet and they dried out really quickly.

Does anyone else have trouble finding sandals that work with narrow feet? I think that may be the reason for all my trouble. I posted a sandal suggestion earlier in this thread, but have since discovered that I will need to return them. I have tried on 11 different sandals now, and bought and returned 3 of them. I have yet to find one that isn't painful to wear. The problem seems to be the molded foot bed which is so common now in these styles. Every single one feels like the arch is too big or placed oddly and it's like walking on a huge lump. The last sandals I tried I actually ended up with a bruise along the inside of my arch. I am not flat-footed btw, I have noticeable arches on my feet. The only thing I can think of is that my narrow feet must be the problem. Perhaps the arches on these shoes are simple too wide for me and so they travel farther into the middle of my foot than they should, causing me pain.

I'm so frustrated! I can't wear anything that is a slip-on either, because without straps or laces to hold the shoes on, they simply fall off my feet when I walk.

My latest tactic is I am looking into girl's sizes instead of women's. I discovered that there is actually an overlap between girls and women's sizes where they are exactly the same shoe, just different numbers. I'm hoping girl's shoes may be narrower, and I saw one that didn't have the molded foot bed like the adult style did. (But they didn't have my size! Boo.)

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions for sandals for people with narrow feet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter