specific questions about our trip

TanWellman

Earning My Ears
Thanks so much for such a great board!

We are leaving in two weeks for a family vacation with me, DH, DD6, DD4, DMom, DStepdad, and DNana :rotfl2:

DNana is 75 years old and doesn't get along like she used to. So here are my questions...

1) Any special ticket prices for seniors?

We are going to "Hop" between MK, Epcot, and MGM one day, and do MK exclusively the next. So...

2) Should we rent a "scooter" (that's what I have to call it so Nana will ride it) and save our receipt and get a new one each place we hop, or rent one off-site and use it both days? (We are staying off-site)

3) The boat that goes between Epcot and MGM, is it "scooter accessible?"

4) Is the Monorail "scooter accessible" between MK and Epcot?

Thanks so much for any info on these questions, and if you have any other info that would make this trip easier on Nana, it would be appreciated. It'll be hard to do a Disney Day with a 6yr old and 4 yr old without wearing Nana completely out. She can't even do a trip to WalMart ::MickeyMo Thanks!

TanWellman said:
Thanks so much for such a great board!
1) Any special ticket prices for seniors?
First of all,
Welcome to disABILITIES. :wave:

To answer your first question, there are no special prices for seniors. If she (or you, if you are buying her tickets) have AAA, there is a discount for that, but none just for being a senior.
We are going to "Hop" between MK, Epcot, and MGM one day, and do MK exclusively the next. So...

2) Should we rent a "scooter" (that's what I have to call it so Nana will ride it) and save our receipt and get a new one each place we hop, or rent one off-site and use it both days? (We are staying off-site)
You can get one at the parks, but there is no guarantee that they will have any when you get there. They are first come, first serve and limited in quantity. If you go to a second park, you will be able to get one at the second park by showing your receipt if they have any when you get there. Some people have posted in the past that when they left the first park the CM called over and were able to hold one at the second park, but that is more the exception than the usual way things work.
If it doesn't matter to her or you whether she has a scooter or you push her in a wheelchair, then you can rent from the parks.
If that will be a problem, you would be best off renting from off-site. If you go the disABILITIES FAQs near the top of this board, you will find a lot of pros and cons and also where to rent from.
3) The boat that goes between Epcot and MGM, is it "scooter accessible?"
4) Is the Monorail "scooter accessible" between MK and Epcot?
Yes to both questions. The Epcot area boats and the monorails are wheelchair/scooter accessible. I'm sure from your questions you already know this, but just wanted to make clear that the park scooters are not allowed to leave the park you rent them from.
Have her do a little practice backing up and turning in a small space before you get on the boats or monorails and I'm sure she will do just fine.
Oh, almost forgot. One of the advantages of the off-site rental scooters is that they are smaller and more manouverable than the ones you rent in the parks.

Thanks so much for any info on these questions, and if you have any other info that would make this trip easier on Nana, it would be appreciated. It'll be hard to do a Disney Day with a 6yr old and 4 yr old without wearing Nana completely out. She can't even do a trip to WalMart ::MickeyMo Thanks!
Since you go to Walmart, have her try one of the scooters there. Most Walmarts have some for their guests. If she can do one of those, any she rents in Florida will be easy. The store ones are much bigger, plus they have a cart attached to the front.
Have a great trip! :wave:

I can't help with the scooter questions, but we went with my 79 year old father-in-law last year. One tip, take it slow and easy. Allow for break time, keep out of the sun and drink plenty of fluids. It is so magical to share your trip with more than one generation. You will all have a blast! Take lots of pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter