Specific Fairy Godmother recommendations

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We're sold on FGs -- but, does anyone have the name of a particular Godmother that they would recommend? I'd rather ask for someone tried and tested -- then leave it random.

We have a 9 month old and 4 year old.

Also, we'll have a studio at BWV. I'm a little worried about the sleeping arrangements, and what the sitter will do while we're out in the evening. Anyone have any experience with that?

I can't remember if it was FG that we used or not on our last trip 2 years ago! Sorry, I have a terrible memory but I have a feeling that it was them. I do remember that the babysitter's name was Patricia, and she had a huge bag full of toys for the kids to play with. Matter of fact, when I made the reservation, the woman on the phone said that it was her daughter that would be babysitting.

It was a bit nervewracking leaving my then 32month dd and 15 month ds with a stranger. We also had our friends 2 children, who were 8yo and 17 months at the time, and she handled all of them wonderfully. I know when the kids fell asleep, she brought some knitting with her and was watching TV when we got back. We were only gone 4 hours, enough time to have a nice dinner and a cocktail or 2 afterwards!

We are going again this January and I feel comfortable enough to use her again.

I can't remember if it was FG that we used or not on our last trip 2 years ago! Sorry, I have a terrible memory but I have a feeling that it was them. I do remember that the babysitter's name was Patricia, and she had a huge bag full of toys for the kids to play with. Matter of fact, when I made the reservation, the woman on the phone said that it was her daughter that would be babysitting.

It was a bit nervewracking leaving my then 32month dd and 15 month ds with a stranger. We also had our friends 2 children, who were 8yo and 17 months at the time, and she handled all of them wonderfully. I know when the kids fell asleep, she brought some knitting with her and was watching TV when we got back. We were only gone 4 hours, enough time to have a nice dinner and a cocktail or 2 afterwards!

Well, I wasn't going to post when I saw you already had three answers but as they are all the same thing, I guess you could use moer input.

We used the FG in early Dec. My kids are 6, 2.5 and barely 1. We had Vera as our sitter and she was great. To read about our experience check out a previous post titled "another positive experience with the fairy godmothers"

Sorry, the user CP is not working for me to find the link, or I'd post it for you. If you can't find it post here again and I'll fill you in.

As far as what she would do, while you are out, I have heard of them reading or knitting or whatever, by the bathroom light. We were in a villa, so she just sat in the living room reading.

Another vote for Vera.
We used her in Oct. and she was great.
NancyL

We have used Helen twice - once when my DS was 2 , and once when he had just turned 4. She is great!

Angie

We also had Vera. Back in July 2001 for a 6 year old and 2 1/2 year old. She was great! My 2 1/2 year old woke up the next morning and asked where her new grandma went!!

Our Fairy Godmother's name was Marguerite (my son called her Margo) last month, and she was terrific. MY 2 DS's are 15 months and almost-4 years old, and both were sleeping soundly when we returned to our room. (The boys were exhausted after a long day at MK.) It was nice to go out and spend an evening with my husband without the kids -- we had a wonderful dinner at Artist Point that DH still raves about. The next night, my 4 year old asked if Margo would be coming back to read him a bedtime story. He was disappointed that she wasn't.

How do I find out information on Fairy Godmother? My family and I are going to DW in May. I have 3 grandchildren...4yrs, 2yrs and 1yr. We would like to go out one night without the kids, so this would be great. Also, 2 more questions:
1. How much does it cost per hr per child?
2. How far in advance to you need to book someone and what number do I need to call?

Thanks!!

You can call Fairy Godmothers but I dont have the phone number. I know I got it off of this board so when search is working, you can find it.

The phone is answered 24 hrs a day. I must say the woman who answers the phone sometimes sounds a little scattered. The sitter's are all mom or grandma age, are bonded and insured.

when I asked how far ahead we had to make a reservation, she said, "Well we need 4 hours." Or maybe it was two. Now that is not saying that you'll get one or especially a specific sitter at the last minute, but she didn't sound like it was taht big of a deal.

The cost is $12 per hour with a $12 travel fee and a minimum time of either three or four hours--can't remember which. That is for up to three children from the same family.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. The rates aren't bad at all, especially for 3 children! Definately worth if for an adult night out! I found the phone number on another thread. I think I'll wait another month or two (we leave in May) and then make reservations. Thanks again!!

Hi. We just got back yesterday from the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. We used the service for our 13 month old son, and our sitter, Vivien, was just terrific. Very friendly, and she even brought a bag of age-appropriate toys for him. He was a little scared when he figured out that mom and dad were leaving, but she did great with him. (I know because I went back and listened outside the door after about 15 minutes -- we were having dinner and drinks inside the hotel -- and the crying had stopped.) When we got back to our room over three hours later, he was fast asleep.

I hope to use them again when we return to Disney in May. It was $60 for four hours (that included the $12 transportation charge) and I also tipped.

older children - 9 through 12? WOuld love a recommendation for my kids .... I read mostly about young children.

I just pm'd you with a bunch of questions. Thanks!

I have been trying to find out more information about Fairy Godmothers also. The only info I can seem to find is a phone number and the price!

I'd like to find out if they have any age MAXIMUM requirements (as in I have seen they watch babies- but what about older children too? What about above the 12yrs old that the clubs have as a maximum age?)

Also would like to find out info about what all they will do with the children. I thought I read somewhere that they don't HAVE to only stay in the room and could take them to do things- like the arcade room or even the parks? The parks thing would probably scare me to try- but doing SOMETHING rather than just sitting in the room all evening would be great. Has anyone ever used their service for more than just babysitting in the room the entire time?

I'm sure they would do anything you ask. Their flyer indicates they'd go to the area attractions - why wouldn't they go the hotel arcade?

I've never seen their flyers. I have just seen mention of them on websites that also have VERY outdated info (such as EE or EE not being available anymore, etc.) -so I take what I read there with a grain of salt. KWIM?
So that's why I asked if anyone had ever used them BESIDES just in their resort/hotel room.

Our sitter was more than happy to take our DS's out for a walk and out to get ice cream, but my youngest fell asleep so soon after we left, they never made it out of the room. As I understand it, they will take the kids to the playground or arcade, to the food court or restaurant... pretty much anywhere you like... but not the pool. (Safety issues were cited.) They will also take the kids to the attractions such as Magic Kingdom, however, you must pay for the sitter's admission.

I don't recall an age limit, but I'm certain they will watch older children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter