Warriorfish5392

Mouseketeer
Hello All!!

We are planning an adults only trip for September 2022 and are looking for some recommendations on the best specialty cocktails around the parks and Disney Springs. We have watched countless videos of festivals and all the wonderful looking food and drinks, I WANT THEM ALL!! LOL What are some of your favorite places and drinks? Not a very picky person when it comes to drinks, and love to explore new flavors. Thanks in advance for the recommendations!! Home resort will be AKL as long as we pass ROFR so that is most likely where we will stay if we can get in. Food and beverage reviews of the resort sound like its perfect for foodies and cocktail lovers.

We don't care for overly sweet cocktails, and unfortunately those seem to dominate a lot of Disney menus. However, we can always find something we love at Nomad Lounge in AK. They had a seasonal spicy margarita last fall that I really loved. We are also big fans of the whiskey breeze cocktail that is on the menu at a lot of the hotel lounges. We've only had it at Territory Lounge in WL, but I'd assume it's the same everywhere. I know you asked about cocktails, but if you're a beer drinker, Kungaloosh Spiced Ale is really good and is made especially for Disney. As far as I know it's only available at Nomad, Tiffins, Skipper Canteen and Jock Lindsey's.

If you're a wine drinker, staying at AKL will be a treat. I've read that they have one of the largest African wine collections outside of Africa.

Hello All!!

We are planning an adults only trip for September 2022 and are looking for some recommendations on the best specialty cocktails around the parks and Disney Springs. We have watched countless videos of festivals and all the wonderful looking food and drinks, I WANT THEM ALL!! LOL What are some of your favorite places and drinks? Not a very picky person when it comes to drinks, and love to explore new flavors. Thanks in advance for the recommendations!! Home resort will be AKL as long as we pass ROFR so that is most likely where we will stay if we can get in. Food and beverage reviews of the resort sound like its perfect for foodies and cocktail lovers.
If you haven't yet, you must check out this group on FB. A really nice group (where Disney drama is not allowed) with the aim of discussing the best drinks on site, and especially the hidden places with the best bar tenders - search for "Disney Day Drinkers Club" .

We don't care for overly sweet cocktails, and unfortunately those seem to dominate a lot of Disney menus. However, we can always find something we love at Nomad Lounge in AK. They had a seasonal spicy margarita last fall that I really loved. We are also big fans of the whiskey breeze cocktail that is on the menu at a lot of the hotel lounges. We've only had it at Territory Lounge in WL, but I'd assume it's the same everywhere. I know you asked about cocktails, but if you're a beer drinker, Kungaloosh Spiced Ale is really good and is made especially for Disney. As far as I know it's only available at Nomad, Tiffins, Skipper Canteen and Jock Lindsey's.

If you're a wine drinker, staying at AKL will be a treat. I've read that they have one of the largest African wine collections outside of Africa.
Thank you for the info!! I am a huge wine drinker and do enjoy a different beer every now and then. I will be sure try some of the wine while at AKL!! I do enjoy somewhat sweet drinks every now and then, but some of the premade mix is just way too sweet. Whiskey Breeze sounds like an interesting choice and something right up my ally.

If you haven't yet, you must check out this group on FB. A really nice group (where Disney drama is not allowed) with the aim of discussing the best drinks on site, and especially the hidden places with the best bar tenders - search for "Disney Day Drinkers Club" .
Awesome!! Joining now! thanks for tip.

The Avocado Margarita at Cava de La Tequila (did I get the name remotely right?) in Epcot is AMAZING. (Also, the mezcal flight did me right recently and made Harmonious in the rain pretty darn special)

Cant go wrong with the grand marnier slush at EPCOT. Got a yummy frozen mojito there has well but not sure if it is still offerd in the Canada pavilion.

We had the dining plan during our last trip in 2019 and the adults in our party tried a different mixed drink with each dinner. I can't recall exactly what we had where but mostly looked at the list of ingredients to decide what sounded good. Most of the time they were good even if it wasn't something I had previously. A few of them tasted like cough syrup so would just pick out what sounds good and see if you like it. Everyone has different tastes in cocktails.

We had the dining plan during our last trip in 2019 and the adults in our party tried a different mixed drink with each dinner. I can't recall exactly what we had where but mostly looked at the list of ingredients to decide what sounded good. Most of the time they were good even if it wasn't something I had previously. A few of them tasted like cough syrup so would just pick out what sounds good and see if you like it. Everyone has different tastes in cocktails.
Thanks!!!

Drinking at Disney is one of my hobbies. Granted, I don’t like beer/wine. (My husband drinks enough beer for the both of us.) Here are my top 5 favorite cocktails:
1. Primordial Booze - Restaurantosaurus Lounge in AK
2. Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush - France pavilion in Epcot
3. Lost on Safari - Dawa Bar in AK
4. Fiesta margarita - Choza de Margarita in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot
5. Blackberry Moonshine Sour - American pavilion in Epcot
*Honorable mention: Grand Marnier Orange Slush in the France pavilion is also good. I just prefer the lemonade flavor!*

I’ve also tried a lot of well-known Disney drinks (avocado margarita, the piña colava, Yak Attack, etc.) but didn’t love them…

Drinking at Disney is one of my hobbies. Granted, I don’t like beer/wine. (My husband drinks enough beer for the both of us.) Here are my top 5 favorite cocktails:
1. Primordial Booze - Restaurantosaurus Lounge in AK
2. Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush - France pavilion in Epcot
3. Lost on Safari - Dawa Bar in AK
4. Fiesta margarita - Choza de Margarita in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot
5. Blackberry Moonshine Sour - American pavilion in Epcot
*Honorable mention: Grand Marnier Orange Slush in the France pavilion is also good. I just prefer the lemonade flavor!*

I’ve also tried a lot of well-known Disney drinks (avocado margarita, the piña colava, Yak Attack, etc.) but didn’t love them…
Awesome!!! Thanks for the list, they all sounds amazing and I will be adding these to my drinks to try!!

We don't care for overly sweet cocktails, and unfortunately those seem to dominate a lot of Disney menus. However, we can always find something we love at Nomad Lounge in AK. They had a seasonal spicy margarita last fall that I really loved.
Was that spicy Margarita the same one that Mexico had at Food & Wine? It was called - La Clásica Reyes Margarita (Centinela Blanco Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Abasolo Corn Whiskey, Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar served on the rocks with a Chile Piquín Salt Rim). It was great and I have been looking for it on property ever since, and trying to find the ingredients to make it at home. What time of year did Nomad have it?

Was that spicy Margarita the same one that Mexico had at Food & Wine? It was called - La Clásica Reyes Margarita (Centinela Blanco Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Abasolo Corn Whiskey, Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar served on the rocks with a Chile Piquín Salt Rim). It was great and I have been looking for it on property ever since, and trying to find the ingredients to make it at home. What time of year did Nomad have it?

No, this one was different. I'm pretty sure this was it:

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/05/08/review-could-you-handle-disney-worlds-spiciest-margarita/

We had it in October of last year. It's funny. I enjoy mildly spicy things, but am not a fan of super hot anything. I loved this! I didn't think it was nearly as spicy as DFB said it was. Maybe they had tamed it down a bit by the time we had it. But it was delicious. Hopefully your's comes back to F & W next year. It does sound delicious.

No, this one was different. I'm pretty sure this was it:

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/05/08/review-could-you-handle-disney-worlds-spiciest-margarita/

We had it in October of last year. It's funny. I enjoy mildly spicy things, but am not a fan of super hot anything. I loved this! I didn't think it was nearly as spicy as DFB said it was. Maybe they had tamed it down a bit by the time we had it. But it was delicious. Hopefully your's comes back to F & W next year. It does sound delicious.
Thanks, that does sound amazing.
The La Clásica Reyes Margarita just had the slightest bit of spice from the chili liqueur, no peppers included :) . The whiskey really added something something to it!

Last edited:
Hello All!!

We've been to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and I love the theming. We'll be there in October, and I'm looking to try a Shorty's Singapore Sling. It uses Plymouth Gin as a base.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar/menus/
Plymouth Gin, Heering Cherry Liqueur, Bénédictine, Cointreau, fresh Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine

The original drink was invented at the Raffles Hotel bar in Singapore, no doubt an exotic locale.

https://www.rafflessingapore.com/the-raffles-stories/history-of-the-singapore-sling/

Thank you for this info! I joined and have already spent a good bit of time scrolling through.

And thanks OP for starting this thread. We also have an adults-only trip planned for September. We are staying at the Polynesian and have decided not to get park tickets. Our plan for the entire vacation is to just try different lounges to get drinks and eat appetizers so all of the resort and DS suggestions are just what I was looking for.

We've been to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and I love the theming. We'll be there in October, and I'm looking to try a Shorty's Singapore Sling. It uses Plymouth Gin as a base.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar/menus/
Plymouth Gin, Heering Cherry Liqueur, Bénédictine, Cointreau, fresh Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine

The original drink was invented at the Raffles Hotel bar in Singapore, no doubt an exotic locale.

https://www.rafflessingapore.com/the-raffles-stories/history-of-the-singapore-sling/
We are tiki enthusiasts and I tend to prefer the gin-based drinks over rum so I'll definitely be trying this one too. My favorite is a Saturn. I make my own falernum and orgeat syrups to mix the drinks with at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter