Special Reservations Line

pirateofthecarolinas

<font color=FF00CC>AIN'T ain't a word!<br><font co
I have reserved our rooms for our Nov. trip on the special reservations line. My MIL has special needs.

Has anyone used this line to get an AP rate? The CM told me to call only the special reservation line when AP rates come out for Nov. She said that CRO couldn't touch my reservation.

How difficult was it to get through? When I call sometimes I have to leave a name and number. They won't put me on hold.

This has me worried that we will miss out on the AP rates.

What have been some of your experiences getting AP rates through the SR line the morning that rates come out?

TIA,

Lori

I used the medical requests line to upgrade my normal reservation rate to an AP rate for my trip last year. It worked out fine for me and I didn't have to worrry about losing my medical requested room.

I've called the line once and was asked to leave a message. Personally I never do I just wait 5 minutes and call back. I'm not the type of person who feels I should speak to a sales rep at "their" convenience.

i had reservations at POR for june 2003 at the AAA rate, booked about 11 months in advance. in march or so, when better codes came out, i called the special res # to get the code applied.

a few weeks later, a better code came out and the cm at the special res. number once again applied the new code for an even better rate.

then the ap rates came out, and once again we had our rate reduced. the rooms had started out at $144 minus 15% AAA, and ended at $74 or $79! (I can't remember which.)

each time, special reservations also helped me reduce the rate on my sister's and brother's rooms. since i'm not as mobile, it was my task to plan the vacation and make all the ressies, etc. One person with an ap can apply the discount to up to three rooms! The last time i called for the ap rate i was so happy i could have kissed the cm--the ap rate saved us SO MUCH money! (combined total of 25 nights!)

i'm like BillSears. If i get kicked into voice mail I just wait a few minutes and call back. it never took too long to get through. i can't imagine that the ap rates will sell out for your stay in less than a few hours, so just keep an eye out for the rate and call as soon as you know.

Actually, for one of these rate reductions, i found the code on mousesavers.com and when i called wdw i was told it wasn't available. i was so sad because i thought i didn't act fast enough, but on a whim called back a day or so later and then had no problem getting the code applied--i'm guessing the code hadn't hit their system yet when i called the first time (since i find it hard to believe that someone else had used and then released the code for three rooms for 8-14 days each in such a short time.)

i think if you stay on top of it you'll be fine.:)

dj

Ok here is the reason why you get the message and why CRO can't change anything you booked through special requests, found this out during a lengthy talk with them.
For the message part there is only about 12 people who work in the depatment ,which means only about 4 or 6 people are working at a time, but they are the cream of the crop from CRO so that is why they don't always get you on the first call. I always leave a message and let them call me back, they are usally able to spend more time talking and helping you out.
For the second part once you book through special requests THEY are the only ones who can change anything on it. There are such few handicapped rooms to start with that if you let anyone in CRO book them you would start getting misinformation and posable double bookings of rooms and then we all would really have problems getting the rooms we need.
One thing that we do now also is do everything through special requests, from the room to tickets to dinner shows. These people are the experts for all things disabled and Disney and can do all the same tings as CRO and more.

Thanks for all of the great info.

We are staying at the WL and yes the AP codes there go very quickly. I guess we will have to be flexible with our resorts. I have a back up list of resorts in case we can't get the WL.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter