• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special Requests on Reservation

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
My family is booked on a 2018 cruise on the Wonder, which I booked through DU. When I booked, I let my travel agent know that I have a severe gluten allergy and that we would also like to request a private table for dinners. (I realize the dining request is not always granted, and I’m okay with that.) However, when I log into my reservation, it still says “None” under the Special Requests section. Should I be able to see my allergy and dining request? Should I contact my TA to make sure it was noted, or can I not see the requests made by a TA? I don’t want to bother my TA if I don’t need to. Thanks!!

My family is booked on a 2018 cruise on the Wonder, which I booked through DU. When I booked, I let my travel agent know that I have a severe gluten allergy and that we would also like to request a private table for dinners. (I realize the dining request is not always granted, and I’m okay with that.) However, when I log into my reservation, it still says “None” under the Special Requests section. Should I be able to see my allergy and dining request? Should I contact my TA to make sure it was noted, or can I not see the requests made by a TA? I don’t want to bother my TA if I don’t need to. Thanks!!
Sounds like a question to be asked of your travel agent.

I've not used a TA for a Disney cruise, and, those rare times I made a request for something, I've always had it in the request section.

I do my own reservations, and it's not listed on mine that I can see, but every time I've called DCL for something I've double checked that my gluten-free status and dining requests are on there and the DCL person (different ones) have confirmed and read it back to me.

The only special requests that would show are lactose-free, low-fat, vegan, and vegetarian.

You can also go to the "dining changes" when it's open (or when you board if it's already open when you board) and make sure they have it noted. They can check the table request as well and *possibly* make changes if necessary.

(FWIW, I've been told by multiple CMs that allergies have first priority on tables alone because of cross-contamination concerns (especially when kids are involved), but others on here with allergies have reported being seated with others. It probably is first priority, but sometimes it's just not possible.)

I think it's kind of ridiculous that you can clearly see some dietary restrictions, but not the food allergies, but that's the way their system is set up.

While I trust our TA quite a lot, I'm also slightly paranoid about DH eating strictly gluten free (not an allergy - celiac). So I notify DCL myself anyway for my own piece of mind. Use this form - super easy: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-services-information-form/. Honestly, you'll probably spend less time filling out that form than you would going back and forth with a TA!

After you submit that, unless they've upgraded the system somewhere to coordinate with that form, which replaced the old form you had to fax - you still won't see anything on your res. You can go to the dining requests person when you board and verify it's listed on your res.

I think it's kind of ridiculous that you can clearly see some dietary restrictions, but not the food allergies, but that's the way their system is set up.

While I trust our TA quite a lot, I'm also slightly paranoid about DH eating strictly gluten free (not an allergy - celiac). So I notify DCL myself anyway for my own piece of mind. Use this form - super easy: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-services-information-form/. Honestly, you'll probably spend less time filling out that form than you would going back and forth with a TA!

After you submit that, unless they've upgraded the system somewhere to coordinate with that form, which replaced the old form you had to fax - you still won't see anything on your res. You can go to the dining requests person when you board and verify it's listed on your res.

Thanks for the info! I have celiac too, so obviously it’s not an “allergy,” but that’s what I tell servers so that they understand how serious it is. I’ll go ahead and call DCL just to make sure they have it noted.

As for the dining, we have 7 people in our family, so our chances are decent that we’ll get our own table. If not, we’ll make some new friends!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I have celiac too, so obviously it’s not an “allergy,” but that’s what I tell servers so that they understand how serious it is. I’ll go ahead and call DCL just to make sure they have it noted.

As for the dining, we have 7 people in our family, so our chances are decent that we’ll get our own table. If not, we’ll make some new friends!
Definitely check at dining changes upon arrival. My son is gluten-free, and I always have them note that on the reservation (never shows up where I can see it online, but it is in their system- don't worry). I also always request a private table (for 2) due to his allergy, but each time I checked at dining changes I found that request was not honored, so each time I've had them change it at dining changes upon arrival. So they had the ability to do so, but each time simply chose not to in advance. With a table of 7, though, I agree that you probably won't have to worry, but I'd still check to make sure they didn't add a solo diner to your table to round it out to 8.

Definitely check at dining changes upon arrival. My son is gluten-free, and I always have them note that on the reservation (never shows up where I can see it online, but it is in their system- don't worry). I also always request a private table (for 2) due to his allergy, but each time I checked at dining changes I found that request was not honored, so each time I've had them change it at dining changes upon arrival. So they had the ability to do so, but each time simply chose not to in advance. With a table of 7, though, I agree that you probably won't have to worry, but I'd still check to make sure they didn't add a solo diner to your table to round it out to 8.
Dumb question but where do we check onboard for dining changes---Guest Services?

Dumb question but where do we check onboard for dining changes---Guest Services?

The location (Usually in Royal Whichever/Triton's Lumiere's) and time will be noted in your Navigator you will receive when you check in.

I think you'll be unlikely to get anyone else at your table, but yeah, double-check.

On the Wonder they were doing dining requests in the Promenade Lounge. Full-service lunch was in Triton's, so they can't do it there. Full-service lunch used to be in Tiana's Place predecessor but not since it was turned into Tiana's. But yeah, it'll be shown on the Navigator.

I highly recommend eating in Triton's for lunch, by the way. First off, it's super convenient to the dining requests location, which also had alcohol tastings sign-ups. But mostly b/c it's much less stressful eating there with restrictions/allergies for that first meal. It's completely full-service, not a half-buffet/half-service thing they used to do. The servers took time to explain how the kitchen set-up and allergy flag system worked, which is nice of them even if you don't really need it. But it's nice to know they're paying attention. I'm blanking on what DH ate (whatever is heaviest in the meat department, undoubtedly!), but it wasn't even delayed at all. His food came with everyone else's. Obviously it's limited in comparison with the buffet, but buffets can be soooo stressful with dietary restrictions. We actually liked all the options just fine anyway, and whatever cheesecake was on the menu ended up being DS's favorite dessert of the cruise - and we never saw it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter