Special 9/1/08 Cruise Continued - Part 3

What....you two...fruitcakes...NEVER!!!!!!!

I figured it had something to do with Jimmy...just goes to show that I will never progress past a parakeet!!!!

Oh no...I just found out that The Whispering Canyon no longer has the 1/2 pound of Peel 'n' eat shrimp....thinking of the dinner buffet at Hollywood & Vine at HS or Cape May Clam Bake Dinner Buffet...decisions...decisions....

What about the Brown Derby?
Love the grapefruit cake there.
GFC.jpg

The Cobb Salad is good too.

What....you two...fruitcakes...NEVER!!!!!!!

Afterall, there is a little bit of Fruitcake in everyone one of us.

Bob...unfortunately The Brown Derby is a signature restuarant so it is 2 table service credits....since I am already trying for the Castle dinner which it is also 2 table service credits...I don't think I want to use 2 more to dine at The Brown Derby.

I agree the Cobb salad is to die for...we did the Dine With an Imagineer back in 2006 and it was fabulous....the meal was incredible and it was just our Panama gang with the Imagineer. At the time of our lunch, he was designing the Yak & Yeti restaurant but of course couldn't tell us...he gave enough hints that when it was announced we were able to figure it out.

Hello cruise friends. I hope that everyone is healthy and happy.

Since this group is so travelled, I have a request. We are heading to NYC and Boston next month and need some tips: must sees, must dos and must eats. DS17 is graduating next week and this is his graduation present.

Can you help?

Hello cruise friends. I hope that everyone is healthy and happy.

Since this group is so travelled, I have a request. We are heading to NYC and Boston next month and need some tips: must sees, must dos and must eats. DS17 is graduating next week and this is his graduation present.

Can you help?

First off Elaine,. http://mog.com/music/Jimmy_Buffett/Banana_Wind/Overkill

Leslie.... Boston duck tours are alot of fun, about 28 pp
I would also suggest you dine at Scampo at the Liberty hotel...:thumbsup2

Legal seafood's is also very good.....
The 4 seasons is very conveniently located.. ;)

And you have Disfriends that would love to meet you for a glass of wine if you have time!!

email us if you have any questions!! Jenn and Peter

Boston....
lots to see
lots to eat and drink:goodvibes

We liked sitting at the Boston Common and watching the squirrels.
Before that we had stops at Old Ironsides and the Bull and Finch (Cheers).

Salem is interesting too if you would want to drive that way.
Some real haunting places there.

For Boston:
Ay, tear her tattered ensign down!
Long has it waved on high,
And many an eye has danced to see
That banner in the sky;
Beneath it rung the battle shout,
And burst the cannon’s roar; —
The meteor of the ocean air
Shall sweep the clouds no more.

and since Lynn is coming home:

Hi there boss, what's goin' on
You say you're coming WHEN?
I'll send Snake out to pick you up tomorrow night at ten,
OKAY!
Everybody outta here, this joint is closin' down
We gotta find someone to clean this up
He's comin' back to town

Hi there boss we waxed your car
We raked and mowed your lawn
We couldn't find enough to do
In the short time you were gone
Man it sure is peaceful here, you've really got it all
And if we ever hit the road again, give me and Snake a call

Back to work....

and since Lynn is coming home:

Hi there boss, what's goin' on
You say you're coming WHEN?
I'll send Snake out to pick you up tomorrow night at ten,
OKAY!
Everybody outta here, this joint is closin' down
We gotta find someone to clean this up
He's comin' back to town

Hi there boss we waxed your car
We raked and mowed your lawn
We couldn't find enough to do
In the short time you were gone
Man it sure is peaceful here, you've really got it all
And if we ever hit the road again, give me and Snake a call

Back to work....

Hmmm, sounds like Johnny D or Everlasting Moonie.:goodvibes
Order of the Sleepless Knights?

Yes, I am in the hotel in San Jose - eating granola bars and cookies (Holoday Inn Express) for dinner - will fly out EARLY in the morning (need to catch the 4:30 AM shuttle to the airport), and should be back in Denver by 10:30, and back home around 1PM.

Elaine - don't let those 2 give you a hard time - just ignore them - they will quit eventually:lmao:

No suggestions from me Lesley - but good to hear from you!

Have a great evening all!

Never Say Quit!!!!
Yes we had rain of Biblical proportion last night, I caught the water rising in one of the window wells, out with a bucket to bail. Wish I could teach the dogs to do this. A little brake in the rain so off to Lowes for an chunk of flex drain pipe to divert any additional water. I was a drowned puppy, out there in a LS T shirt and shorts and crocks LOL….

Just had to re book my FL trip in two weeks, air fares were also rising as I booked.

I saw this on another thread.
KEWL!
Will have to try one out for our Oct cruise......
Goodies for you all...

I saw a Sorcerer Mickey hat on the boards somewhere and was inspired to make my own. That gave way to a Pirate Mickey hat and now others too. Here they are for your use, with the printable versions linked right below the large pictures More to come! These are all mainly from scratch for your enjoyment...

List of Ears to look for:
Santa hat
Pilgrim hat
Bride and Groom (will try...)

Not my door, just wanted to see what they might look like :)
Sorcerer.jpg
Pirate.jpg
Minnie-1.jpg
Captain-1.jpg

PartyHat-1.jpg
MinniePartyHat.jpg
Graduation.jpg
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31759702&postcount=1

Good Afternoon Kiddies.
Very kewl!!! I have a top hat for formal night. I'll try to find it and send that one to you.
Thanks Janis.

Elaine - don't let those 2 give you a hard time - just ignore them - they will quit eventually:lmao:
Shucks.
We think of Elaine as our Kid sister.
Just like to tug on her pigtails every now and then.:lmao:

Everyone enjoy the weekend.
It's 5 O'clock somewhere!

Up and down a Spanish highway,
Some things remain the same.
Girls meet boys
and the boys tease girls
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tried to take a day off of use or loose time, LOL several calls adn emails later well it's kinda like a day off but with calls:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tried to take a day off of use or loose time, LOL several calls adn emails later well it's kinda like a day off but with calls:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's the kind of days off Bob has. We rarely make it through without a phone call. :confused3

Hope you all are having a great weekend. We have had a ton of rain.

In Orlando now. Had a chance to try the new Paridiso 37 restaurant in Pleasure Island yesterday, it was very good. Nice on inside, great atmosphere. Nice drink/tequila menu along with food menu. No discounts accepted but worth a trip if you are in the area.

We finally tried that balloon ride in downtown disney...fun.

We saw UP...it was excellent. popcorn:: We loved it.

Dinner at the new restaurant in AKL, Kidani Village called Sanaa.
OMG...this place is wonderful. The restaurant is beautiful, great staff and wonderful chefs. Definately worth heading over to for dinner. We can't wait to go back and try more items from the menu. :cool1:

Today, massages and then off to a wine luncheon. :thumbsup2

Take care everyone! :hippie:

That's the kind of days off Bob has. We rarely make it through without a phone call. :confused3

Hope you all are having a great weekend. We have had a ton of rain.

In Orlando now. Had a chance to try the new Paridiso 37 restaurant in Pleasure Island yesterday, it was very good. Nice on inside, great atmosphere. Nice drink/tequila menu along with food menu. No discounts accepted but worth a trip if you are in the area.

We finally tried that balloon ride in downtown disney...fun.

We saw UP...it was excellent. popcorn:: We loved it.

Dinner at the new restaurant in AKL, Kidani Village called Sanaa.
OMG...this place is wonderful. The restaurant is beautiful, great staff and wonderful chefs. Definately worth heading over to for dinner. We can't wait to go back and try more items from the menu. :cool1:

Today, massages and then off to a wine luncheon. :thumbsup2

Take care everyone! :hippie:

Fun fun fun.....

We are headed to the world on Thursday...:worship::cool1:

Bob & Cheryl....sounds like you had a fun time at WDW....I wanted to try the balloon ride in May but Mom was too scared to go on it and I didn't want to go by myself.

Peter & Jenn...have fun at WDW....we leave for Mom's "No Longer a Surprise" Birthday trip in 51 days!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Peter and Jenn, have a great trip.

B&C, thanks for the info on Sanaa.

Elaine your trip is getting close, we are a couple months away from the 10th Wonder Cruise.

I do get to FL first week of July. then DC the next week.

B&C, I will be in Boca 6/28 - 7/3 and we might have to try adn get together, Sunday or thursday night might work... think about it. I wont have a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter