• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Speaking of Oscars

Gumbo4x4

Note to the ladies who forgot to
Who would you say is the best actor that doesn't have one yet?

A few of my favorite actors haven't won any and I don't think they will. lol, mainly because I swear they are one brick shy of a full load.

Joaquin Pheonix
Johhny Depp.

I really enjoyed Captain Jack Sparrow. I also like Mark Ruffalo, but don't think he's even been nominated.

I also like Mark Ruffalo, but don't think he's even been nominated.

Wasn't he just nominated this year for Supporting Actor for "Spotlight"? Two of the nominees were Mark R-'s and my husband commented that it must have been so tough to wait for them to finish the last name to know whether you'd won. The other Mark R. won.

Wasn't he just nominated this year for Supporting Actor for "Spotlight"? Two of the nominees were Mark R-'s and my husband commented that it must have been so tough to wait for them to finish the last name to know whether you'd won. The other Mark R. won.

He was - IIRC, everyone thought if it wasn't Stallone, it would be him. Whoops.

Mark Ruffalo and Don Cheadle are the ones who immediately come to mind. Although I couldn't have named this year's best supporting actor before, Mark Rylance is definitely amazing and well-deserving.

The previous poster is also correct, Robert Downey Jr. is also incredible.

No opinion on currently active actors. But I think it's a shame that Richard Burton never won an Oscar.

Harrison Ford deserved one for either Presumed Innocent, Witness, or The Fugitive. Or at least a nomination.

I would go with Robert Downey Jr. Great Actor, Also Edward Norton.
Norton and RDJ are two of my favorites actors.

I will add Glenn Close to the list of deserving actors, that have never won an Oscar.

Harrison Ford deserved one for either Presumed Innocent, Witness, or The Fugitive. Or at least a nomination.
He was nominated for Witness. I also agree he should have been nominated for The Fugitive as well.
And I agree with Mark Ruffalo, he is often very underrated. He has however, been nominated 3 times :-)

And not the answer, but I totally wanted Stallone to win, but if he had to lose, Mark Rylance was my first choice. I absolutely adored him in Bridge of Spies, so much so, that I saw it twice in theaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter