Spam popups

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Just now while reading DVC forums I got 2 spam popups covering the screen, one after another - Safari, iPadOS 17.4.1. I shut down Safari and restarted it and it happened again. Anyone else?

ETA - iPad Mini 6th generation

Last edited:

Me too, on Safari on my iPhone. I even turned off pop ups in Safari and I have an ad blocker installed but they are still getting through. I am being redirected to the spam website after my first attempt to click the on a forum link.

It’s only happening in Safari. I switched over to Chrome and it’s fine.

Back on Safari. The redirect continued every time I came back to safari on the DIS.

I found this on an Apple help page and it worked. I only cleared the last hour since it just started happening within the last hour. My safari browser is back in business.

If it is redirecting, force quit Safari, then Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Now it’s also happening in Chrome. Same spam website as the 1st one. No more DIS on my iPhone for me til it’s fixed :(.

Came here to see if it was happened to anyone else. I’ve only gotten it on my iPad using Safari while on the Community board. I got a Norton security pop up, immediately tried to close Disboards but was unable. Had to close Safari then reopen & quickly close the Disboards tab. That was Saturday evening. This morning got the same pop up but was able to close just the Disboards tab.

I got the Norton one this morning, but only once.

On a semi-related note, why do I get so many ads for underwear on here? The side ads are always for underwear - ladies', mens', all kinds all the time. I don't ever search for underwear online! I close them at tell it to not show again, but they always do.

Thank God I thought it was just me ! I tried everything you just mentioned and it still happens !! Exact things you posted !!! Started this morning- cleared last two days switched to chrome still doing it but only when I’m in the DIS

I was able to check my Notifications and read the posts they referred to just now without any problem, but as soon as I pulled up my Watched Forums I got the Norton ad. I shut Safari down and reopened it and came directly here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter