Spam me with any Vero Beach related recommendations!

The resort provided big pump bottles of something (not sure I want to know what it was) that worked well. We went to go across the street and the person at the security gate asked us if we needed some and plopped down the big container. They had it by the back doors as well. If you lather up before heading out, you might not need to buy too much.
We were there for the first time last week (week of July 4) and the noseeums were awful one night when I took my kids to the pool but didn’t hop in myself. I walked over to the gallon jug beside Ebb&Flos and slathered myself with whatever the repellent was they provided. I had none of them bother me the rest of the night. It was toward the end my vacation and I so wished I had used it all vacation because they had periodically bothered me in the mornings and evenings but I never took the step of grabbing the FREE repellent I should have. Use it!!!

Hey There:

We go every year for Nationals Spring Training as there are a bunch of Spring Training camps right around Vero. When we go we stop at Scampi Grill for pretty decent Italian: https://www.scampigrill.com/

Ocean grill is definitely the hot spot at the beach. My husband and I are in our 40's and we are always the youngest people there by 20 years. The food isn't great but the apps are ok and the drinks are strong. We never actually eat at restaurant, we just get some small plates and sit at the bar and people watch. a couple of painkillers and you wont care about the food. But the view is top notch! I have no idea how that place has survived being that close to the water!

We just got back from Disney Vero Resort yesterday and i can honestly say i had zero desire to leave the property. The beach is amazing, the food is just about the same, when you factor in the time and effort to get into a car and drive and of course you want to have a drink so why bother driving anywhere?

The resort has plenty of activities if that's your thing but we just hung out at the beach (cabana, umbrella, chairs) - comfort is a must so we brought our own.
Oh, and you can fill your cooler with cold adult beverages! Win Win!
The pool was a good option too. Always found ample table & chairs.
Service was outstanding!

We have been going to DVC VB since our son was 5 (he is 16 now). At 5 he loved all the activities (learned new things, did crafts), pool slide races, the free on location mini golf, the ocean steps away, the free Disney DVD’s in the gift shop, pin trading. We have gotten to see a mother sea turtle lay eggs (in the dark with headlamps with a naturalist) and watched young sea turtles be released too! We just got back and while the campfire isn’t happening right now - they were doing a nightly Disney movie on the lawn. While the food and activities are great on property - we have done Kennedy Space Center, the VB Art Museum and did The Navy Seal Museum on this last trip (all pretty fun!). Our fave VB foods are at Kilted Mermaid (big covered outdoor space PLUS dessert fondue) and Taco Dive (delicious and reasonable). It is a drive but we also LOVE Melbourne Seafood (they have a few locations now, but the original is in a converted gas station). Hope this helps! Have a blast.

Several of you have recommended Kilted Mermaid. Is it kid friendly? Taking our granddaughters (12 & 7) and I know they'd love that desert fondue. If not kid friendly, wonder if you could get it to go somehow!

Several of you have recommended Kilted Mermaid. Is it kid friendly? Taking our granddaughters (12 & 7) and I know they'd love that desert fondue. If not kid friendly, wonder if you could get it to go somehow!
I think if you go earlier (before the live music starts) it is mostly people eating dinner. I would go for the patio - we were just there and although summer it was comfortable. We had the choc/pb fondue and it was yummy! Hope this is helpful.

Disney is safe as long as you follow the precautions, but FL. is so loaded with covid right now, with no mask mandates( except at disney), I'd be very careful about taking the girls off property. no need to go crazy, Just facts, and MHO.

Hope this is helpful
Very helpful... Thanks!

I'd be very careful about taking the girls off property. no need to go crazy, Just facts, and MHO
Totally agree with you. We've got a little time though to see how things progress. We're going 1st week of June 2022. Just excited and doing early planning. 1st alone trip with our girls sans parents! If things are no better, we will absolutely stay on property.

Hey There:

We go every year for Nationals Spring Training as there are a bunch of Spring Training camps right around Vero. When we go we stop at Scampi Grill for pretty decent Italian: https://www.scampigrill.com/

Ocean grill is definitely the hot spot at the beach. My husband and I are in our 40's and we are always the youngest people there by 20 years. The food isn't great but the apps are ok and the drinks are strong. We never actually eat at restaurant, we just get some small plates and sit at the bar and people watch. a couple of painkillers and you wont care about the food. But the view is top notch! I have no idea how that place has survived being that close to the water!
Thanks so much! Was so set to booking OG but not I may not since we're not really a TS family since QS is easier with littles.

We just got back from Disney Vero Resort yesterday and i can honestly say i had zero desire to leave the property. The beach is amazing, the food is just about the same, when you factor in the time and effort to get into a car and drive and of course you want to have a drink so why bother driving anywhere?

The resort has plenty of activities if that's your thing but we just hung out at the beach (cabana, umbrella, chairs) - comfort is a must so we brought our own.
Oh, and you can fill your cooler with cold adult beverages! Win Win!
The pool was a good option too. Always found ample table & chairs.
Service was outstanding!
Thank you! We probably wont be leaving the resort since we're just spending a few nights.

We have been going to DVC VB since our son was 5 (he is 16 now). At 5 he loved all the activities (learned new things, did crafts), pool slide races, the free on location mini golf, the ocean steps away, the free Disney DVD’s in the gift shop, pin trading. We have gotten to see a mother sea turtle lay eggs (in the dark with headlamps with a naturalist) and watched young sea turtles be released too! We just got back and while the campfire isn’t happening right now - they were doing a nightly Disney movie on the lawn. While the food and activities are great on property - we have done Kennedy Space Center, the VB Art Museum and did The Navy Seal Museum on this last trip (all pretty fun!). Our fave VB foods are at Kilted Mermaid (big covered outdoor space PLUS dessert fondue) and Taco Dive (delicious and reasonable). It is a drive but we also LOVE Melbourne Seafood (they have a few locations now, but the original is in a converted gas station). Hope this helps! Have a blast.
Thank you so much! We are planning to take my LO to Kennedy Space Center on a WDW day.

We are at Vero Beach DVC right now. Tonight we ate at Mo-Bay Grill in Sebastian. It was about 6 or 7 miles away (maybe) from the Vero Beach Resort. It has a lot of Jamaican dishes plus seafood. We really enjoyed our meal there tonight and will go again.

The Crab Stop has become one of our favorites. The original location is in Vero Beach, but they added a location in Sebastian that is larger and quite nice. I also recommend Sweet Kiss Ice Cream Shop in Vero Beach. They serve a variety of great gelato flavors that change on a regular basis.

Capt Hiram’s has done consistently horrible on their health inspections. I wouldn’t suggest going there.

We enjoy Casey’s Place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter