spacing on rides? cleaning?

mrd7896

Mouseketeer
i wanted to see how the parks would be with loading vehicles. i was nervous that the spacing out of ride vehicles and the sanitization of the vehicles would massively increase the wait times for the rides.

i believe i saw that someone posted that on the first (or second) day rides were being filled only in the first and last rows or some rides one party had the vehicle to themselves. but that same poster said that on the third (or fourth) day some rides weren't spacing out anymore? is that accurate? i believe he/she mentioned specifically on hatreds.

and are they cleaning down the ride vehicles after everyone exits each time? or is that something i am imagining having read? i can't imagine that is practical but just wanted to verify.

i'm getting nervous that when the crowds pick up (i go in september) the lines are going to be absolutely ridiculously long if they are still loading one party per vehicle or every other row. and i'm an avid single rider user.
i'm debating buying the express pass but with the uncertainty of VQ, shelling out extra money isn't what i want to do right now.

I’m sure many will post more report how the system worked for them.

Parks just opened on the 5th and it will be a few weeks for all to learn how the system was for them.

Thkngs that don’t work now will be tweaked.
UO is good in making changes that helps the guests for this new way of doing rides, etc, in the parks.

At least when I was there, Hagrids they were filling every row. I think that ride is fine since the way you get off the ride, it lends to spacing out, unlike other coasters where everyone gets off at once.

But yes, all the other rides, they were usually doing every other row, or with like Mummy it was Row 1 and Row 4. And only the people in that party were in the row.

Most of the rides they were cleaning them. Some I couldn't tell if they were cleaning afterward or not (Men in Black as an example, didn't see any cleaner there)

Honestly though, since everyone has to sanitize their hand before they get on, that doesn't bother me at all.

I agree that with hand sanitizing before (and after, for us, because we will be bringing our own as well) thorough cleaning between guests is not as much of an issue. I don't want to start a debate, but WHO and CDC are now saying surface to person transmission is not as big an issue as they thought at the beginning of the pandemic. It's hands to face I'm more concerned about, as well as being in close proximity to people who may cough or yell right in my face. Social distancing and masks will hopefully take care of this risk.

One party per row, even for single riders (like me). At least one row is skipped between groups; how many depends on the attraction and how close the rows are to one another. FJ was skipping every bench or two and it was being cleaned. That was the only ride I noticed cleaning though. Lockers are being cleaned throughout the day. I both saw it and overheard tm's talking about taking specific banks out of rotation for cleaning.

But as pp said, I don't think cleaning rides constantly is important. Just treat your clothing as a potential source of contamination no matter where you are in public and act accordingly, e.g., don't touch your clothing and then your phone without cleaning your hands, don't sit down at home before changing, etc. While businesses do need to maintain cleanliness, it is ultimately our responsibility to avoid cross-contamination, pandemic or no pandemic. I do hope that businesses maintain a higher sanitation level going forward than what the old normal was even long after the pandemic. Not necessarily to today's standards, but the old standards were sorely lacking.

I agree that with hand sanitizing before (and after, for us, because we will be bringing our own as well) thorough cleaning between guests is not as much of an issue. I don't want to start a debate, but WHO and CDC are now saying surface to person transmission is not as big an issue as they thought at the beginning of the pandemic. It's hands to face I'm more concerned about, as well as being in close proximity to people who may cough or yell right in my face. Social distancing and masks will hopefully take care of this risk.

btw, the who just said asymptomatic people aren't transferring the virus either (or it's very rare)

thanks everyone for the replies!! so basically they aren't really taking the time to clean the vehicles, but as of now universal is spacing people out.
i was kind of hoping they wouldn't be cleaning after every single time just because of how impractical it is.
and i do appreciate the remarks about what the WHO and CDC are saying.
when the pandemic started my initial comment was "but what sick people are going to be going to an amusement park?" but then all of the speculation about asymptomatic people definitely threw a wrench into what we had all thought and really made every hunker down.

now that they are coming out with reports i wonder what that will do to things. and we will all have to wait and see.
from the very start Disney had mentioned that this is a 'fluid situation' and they will be constantly reviewing things.
i'm not saying they need to throw out every single policy and say masks aren't required and start opening up single rider lines and going back to normal--that's such a liability.
but these sort of discoveries make me optimistic.

btw, the who just said asymptomatic people aren't transferring the virus either (or it's very rare)

I agree with both of you on those WHO reports, which haven't been widely reported either,funny huh? I also saw a video yesterday from an AP holder who went on the 4th I think and the lines were like 75 min for Hulk and it looked like very other row was loaded, which basically doubles the wait time. So what is "safer" in the long run, doubling the time people are waiting in lines, and we know that social distancing will slowly diminish over time in lines, or to go ahead and load the full rides, especially high speed, outdoor rides which cuts the wait times in half. If they allow normal park level capacities but cut the actual ride capacities in half that will mean a LOT more people in more lines, for longer. Seems counter-intuitive to "slow the spread" of anything.

We have 5½ months before we arrive so hopefully these issues will be a thing of the past by then.

i'm not saying they need to throw out every single policy and say masks aren't required and start opening up single rider lines and going back to normal--that's such a liability.
I’m actually enjoying the space between line waiting and rides but the park is pretty dead today- only Kong so far is using VL and we walked right on that this am
to go ahead and load the full rides, especially high speed, outdoor rides which cuts the wait times in half.
yeah some of what they are doing is counter intuitive I agree. Hulk and RRR are so fast that even if someone infectious manages to cough or sneeze those droplets are gonna be dispersed so fast and you are gonna whiz by faster that I’d bet my left kidney the chances of being infected that way is zero. I also highly doubt that walking outside without a mask increases infection risk with no mask. No indoors or tight queues - sure. I can see masks used there at least until we know more about asymptomatic spread &/or have a vaccine/effective treatment.

12 days til we are there and I will do anything to see my grandson living it up again! He is so ready! My little Gryffendor!

Attachments

• 644CF9F7-E429-4869-A37D-E0A9062C96DF.png
    644CF9F7-E429-4869-A37D-E0A9062C96DF.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter