SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is any one else curious how we "return to Earth" after we eat? Do we ride the "space elevator" back down? Or do we just walk out a door and somehow we are back on the ground in EPCOT?!

Usually are, just alcohol and specialty drinks extra.

It does not mention inclusion on the menu, but it does mention additional pricing for non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. In fact, it mentions buying a nonalcoholic cocktail or kid's meal gets you a "card pack", so I'd assume you get water free, and anything else gets you a card pack for your extra price troubles...

I rather expected the price to be at least $80. CRT is $60 and you really can't call it a character meal right now. And look at the prices for the dessert parties!

I am disappointed with the dessert offerings here at S220. The only chocolate is a cheesecake (NOT a dessert I'll eat.) Why can't we have that glorious Choc cake they are showing for Steakhouse 71? But we will certainly try to get in when we go in Jan. We only go every 7-8 years and try to splurge on at least 1 thing.

So do we assume this will be a 2 credit meal if the dining plan comes back similar to how it used to be?

It looks like a cool experience but nothing seems to special/thrilling about the food for that price tag. Even with the dining plan, lunch out of pocket might still be a better deal.

Sans any beverage, you are looking at $100/adult (tax/tip included). $100 AN adult - then look at the pics of the food on the website and ask yourself what you'd pay for it anywhere and then what you'll pay for it in Disney in a packed, sweaty room of people in shorts and tanks gazing on a 1970s space themed conference banquet room set up with a cool elevator...
I wasn't planning on going, but now I'm really not planning on going.

Really disappointing menu. The food sounds like it's from an early 2000s business-class hotel in a third-tier American city. I was expecting something more international and chef-driven. This seems closer to Coral Reef or BOG and I was hoping for something more like Tiffins or bluezoo in terms of creativity. The dessert selections are especially dreary.

I was thinking more "International" since you are in space looking back at the planet, food from different parts of the globe would be cool.
I thought when they gave earlier details that they specifically said it would serve international dishes. Am I remembering that incorrectly or did things just go off the rails?

I totally agree. The food pictures are not enticing at all. For $55 dollars for lunch, they cannot include a dessert ? C'mon ! This restaurant design/ elevator design seems spectacular, why can't they match the food to the fantastic level of the design ?

At least it's not freeze dried food in pouches... or shaped tofu.

It's going to be about the experience... just hope every now and then we can see the Millennium Falcon flyby or maybe the Enterprise (granted it's not Disney... yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter