Space Mountain

Guapy

Mouseketeer
What is the difference between Space Mountain at DL from the one at WDW. I have only ridden the one at WDW. But I plan on going to DL for the first time next year. Is the DL version as good?

I like the DL version better personally. The "spaceship" or "capsule" you ride in sits two people side by side. The ride seemed darker and faster and more fun to me than the WDW version. Maybe it was because I was sitting next to my daughter (age 21) and she was screaming so much, I was laughing my head off and being next to her I could see her and hear her more than when she is in front or behind me like at WDW.

The visuals going up the hills are different and I suppose once you are inside the mountain there are visual differences but I am usually to busy holding on to notice. The actual ride at Disneyland is much smoother and it seems lots faster. It has lots of real tight turns and toward the bottom is actually sort of scary at how fast it is going through the turns. AT WDW the ride is fun but doesn't seem quite as radical and wasn't ever scary to me.
If the music is working on the cars at the one at Disneyland it adds quite a bit to the excitement.

SM at DL is soo much better! The rockets have side-by-side seating (great for me & DH since we're joined at the hip anyway) and the ride seems longer and more thrilling. It also seems faster, but that is dependent on other factors (time of day, weight of rocket).
-MrsAPalm

Hi! I agree big time that DL is better!!! Darker, faster, more comfortable and...most important, so much SMOOTHER!!!! I can not ride SM at WDW. It feels like someone's beating on my Kidney's with a baseball bat. :eek: You'll love it at DL!!

When we began planning our first-ever DL trip, I was thinking that DL would be (no offense :( ) no big deal compared to everything WDW has to offer.....BUT....the more I read about DL the more excited I get! SO many attractions have gotten better reviews at DL than WDW....THANK YOU for changing my perspective!!! :p November can't come quick enough for me!!! :D

Maybe it is because I ride Space Mountain at DL all the time but I actually like the Disney World Version better. It's just different I suppose

Originally posted by AKASnowWhite
When we began planning our first-ever DL trip, I was thinking that DL would be (no offense :( ) no big deal compared to everything WDW has to offer.....BUT....the more I read about DL the more excited I get! SO many attractions have gotten better reviews at DL than WDW....THANK YOU for changing my perspective!!! :p November can't come quick enough for me!!! :D

I know what you mean. When we went to disney land last year everyone downtalked it so much I was starting to not like it befor I even gave it a change. We went in with a open mind and Absolutley LOVED it. California adventure was great as well, despite what a lot of people say about it.

You will love it. . .

I like Space Mountain better at WDW. The single seating is much better for tall people (like myself). Also, the walk through the line before and after the line is cooler. Side by side seating doesn't do it for me.

King Triton

Another vote for DL version, I often skip SM at WDW because i am literally afraid i will wrench my back/neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter