Space Mountain with Lights on

I agree that SM is much better in the dark! It was neat to see it with the lights on since I had never seen it that way before. I will have to remember that if it's shut down to get on the TTA right away!

I am so glad you guys posted this. My boys (currently 5 - will be 6 on our trip and tall enough to ride) have been a little timid about riding this. I let them watch this video and all they could say was "cool", "I wanna ride that!", "I want Daddy to ride in front of me!"...

>>> wild mouse in the dark

I have seen Space Mountain with the lights on from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority ride and I still think of Space Mountain as being substantially the same as the Wild Mouse amusement ride.

Space Mountain has two independent mechanisms side by side which the "left" queue and the "right" queue go to respectively.

I also think the (generic) Wild Mouse is customizable, with smaller versions used by traveling carnivals.

i rode once with the lights on when i was maybe 9 or so. i thought it was way worse because i didnt enjoy the ride and seeing all the bars all over the place really freaked me out. my dad is tall and was riding in front of me and every time we passed a bar i was convinced he was going to get his head cut off. :scared1: i was also a paranoid child in general, so that probably attributed to it.

very interesting,cool to see it with the lights on thanks:goodvibes

Space Mountain is a very tame ride - my 4 years olds loved it. When do they offer the ride with the lights on?

Cool. I wish I had turned the sound off, that "You are cleared for launch" gave me a homesick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Pathetic, huh? :lmao:

When we were there in 2006 the lights came on when we were in line. We got such a kick watching the TTA because it was empty at first and then filled up once people heard the lights were on.

It was my first time to ride SM though, and after seeing that it was basically a wild mouse I didn't find it that thrilling. Wish I could have ridden it once before seeing it like that.

i rode once with the lights on when i was maybe 9 or so. i thought it was way worse because i didnt enjoy the ride and seeing all the bars all over the place really freaked me out. my dad is tall and was riding in front of me and every time we passed a bar i was convinced he was going to get his head cut off. :scared1: i was also a paranoid child in general, so that probably attributed to it.

I'm only 5'9", and I'm terrified of getting my head chopped off, too! I usually end up riding it like a bobsled, with my head down for that reason. Anyone know the clearance on SM? Could Shaq ride without ducking? :rotfl:

I'm only 5'9", and I'm terrified of getting my head chopped off, too! I usually end up riding it like a bobsled, with my head down for that reason. Anyone know the clearance on SM? Could Shaq ride without ducking? :rotfl:

My dad is 6 foot and is terrified of riding SM for that same reason. He does the bobsled thing also. I was riding it last year and it was my first time in a while riding it and I didn't remember how low the ceilings/bars were and during the blue light sequence I raised my hands (stupidly) and I then was able to touch the ceiling. :scared1: It was terrifying! My dad screamed worried I was going to cut my hands off. So, I would really doubt it if Shaq could ride it w/o ducking when a 14 year old girl (around 5'3-5'4 at the time) couldn't raise her hands up.:lmao:

To the poster that asked if it was really jerky (worse than Dino). NO, it's not. I don't like Dino b/c it's so jerky. But I LOVE Space Mountain!

I actually got to ride SM 3 years ago when we brought 55 4th graders there to do the YES program. They tought all the kids how rollercosters work, then we got to ride SM with the lights on then with the light off. I was really neat. I have to say it was scarier for me with lights on because I am terrified of heights so I did not like to see how high I was. I am also 5'10 so i felt like I was going to hit my head on everything. There is more of a rush riding it with the lights off though. I had to laugh though because the floor looks like its covered in wal-mart/bowling alley stobe lights.

i have heard many people who have experienced this and they have had a lot of fun. cool videos by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter