Space Mountain...What's New?

TexasCourt

DIS Veteran
Hey Y'all,
I hace been reading these boards and heard about the "new and improved" Space Moutain. The last time I was in DL was May 2004 (about 1.5 yrs ago)...have these improvements taken place since then?? Also, what are these improvements? How is it any different?? Thanks!

Courtney :wave2:

From what i have seen from pics and such a fresh coat of paint and all that along with a new handicap way to load...

TexasCourt said:
Hey Y'all,
I hace been reading these boards and heard about the "new and improved" Space Moutain. The last time I was in DL was May 2004 (about 1.5 yrs ago)...have these improvements taken place since then?? Also, what are these improvements? How is it any different??
Space Mtn was closed in 2004. They took it down in Spring 2003 for a refurb. We rode it four times last month.

They replaced all of the track with new track in the same layout. So the "new and improved" has nothing or very little to do with the ride. It is basically the same. They completely changed the launch when you go uphill. It is much darker inside SM now, and it is amazing what a difference it makes. The starfield effects inside SM is much better, IMO. The music soundtrack is different and improved, IMO. And the ending effects are much better. Not everyone thinks it is improved, but I and my DW both thought the overall experience was very much improved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter