Space--any hope?

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I have tried every day to get an ADR for our trip next month with no luck. Is there any hope at all for walk ups? When do they have someone at the restaurant to talk to about trying to get seated?

Haven't tried walking up. But I would keep looking, especially a night or two before. A lot of people cancel a day or two before a reservation.
Agreed. Your best bet is for a late cancellation by folks wanting to avoid a charge on their credit card for not showing. I highly doubt they will do walk-ups there - it's too busy. But keep an eye on your MDE (if you can't get a last-minute reservation). Some of the restaurants offer walk-up options, if it's available - unfortunately, you won't know that until hours or minutes before you want to go.

Go on Touring Plans and set up a free alert.

Good luck!

(But if you don't get it, don't be too disappointed. I know you want to check it out for yourself, but truly the place is average at best. $$$$ better spent elsewhere.)

Go on Touring Plans and set up a free alert.

Good luck!

(But if you don't get it, don't be too disappointed. I know you want to check it out for yourself, but truly the place is average at best. $$$$ better spent elsewhere.)

I have this set up. My nephew really want to go, he is a total space geek. He has flown down to Florida to watch launches.

I have this set up. My nephew really want to go, he is a total space geek. He has flown down to Florida to watch launches.
Do you have mouse dining as well?

I was lucky enough to get one with mouse dining. I noticed the day before there would sometimes be availability as well if you checked in the evening.

We decided to wait in line yesterday (Saturday) morning. We got in line shortly after 9am and we were the 3rd or 4th group. It was blazing hot out, but luckily the front of the line was shaded. Castemember came and got setup at around 10:30am to start telling people what they had available. Our original plan was to just wait it out for a seat at the bar, but we decided that we did not want to stand in the heat for another hour (even if it was shaded). So we decided to take a noon lunch reservation.

They sat us at a booth table in the back corner near the kitchen. It was a good location, as we could see all of the windows. We thought the lunch was very good, but probably not worth what we paid (even considering we had a discount), but we both liked the experience of the restaurant. I had the Spaceghetti and Shrimp, which was very good. It was also a much larger portion than I would have expected considering it was lunch and we were required to also eat an appetizer. Luckily we were headed out of the park after our lunch so I could take the leftovers with me.

While we both enjoyed the experience, I think the activity seen through the windows could be better. I don't understand that objects seen floating in the windows where portions of the Earth were visible always seemed to disappear when they reached the edge of the window, rather than being seen as they passed to the next window. I also would have liked to see items float closer to the windows - they always seemed to be at quite a distance.

Above is my experience with doing a walk-up at Space 220 back on June 26th. There were some other posts in that thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/space-220.3887385/

For how many? What date? I am dropping a lounge for 2 on the 17 or 18, if that’s helpful for you. Let me know and I’ll finalize my plans and we can arrange for you to grab.

Everything above but I’ve also heard of people who HAVE gotten walk ups

Essentially you go and check on asap after the park opens as soon as the restaurant opens and remain flexible with your desired time

Definitely check days leading up to trip. I’ve seen it pop up. How many in your party? If it’s an odd number look for one higher even parties are easier to find. If you have more than 4 people don’t bother looking for lounge I don’t think it has higher than that and just focus on the main restaurant

Check the night before. It shows up nearly 100% of the time (I saw multiple times available last night for today).

Agree with setting up a reservation finder like Touring plans.
Also keep watching. We have found times become available.
Start watching much closer about 24-48 hours before and the day of. Lots of last minute/day before cancellations.

Check the night before. It shows up nearly 100% of the time (I saw multiple times available last night for today).
Agreed. I wasn't looking for it, but I did see it pop up on our trip last week, while I was searching for something else.

I have tried every day to get an ADR for our trip next month with no luck. Is there any hope at all for walk ups? When do they have someone at the restaurant to talk to about trying to get seated?
We got into the bar waiting in line at about 4 pm. 45 minute wait. Was my son's 22nd birthday and he really wanted to try it out.
Ordered a couple apps and drinks. The bartender made him a champagne drink that he does on birthdays or anniversaries. Cool Experience!

I’m trying to get Space for 6 ppl on 11/30 or 12/2. Have alerts set up and just got two weird alerts at the same time for lunch at 4:30 - even though site says lunch goes til 3:30. I wasn’t fast enough this time but fingers crossed!

I’m trying to get Space for 6 ppl on 11/30 or 12/2. Have alerts set up and just got two weird alerts at the same time for lunch at 4:30 - even though site says lunch goes til 3:30. I wasn’t fast enough this time but fingers crossed!
I am looking for Dec. 2nd too and got the same weird alert for 4:30. Of course it was gone immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter