space 220

We decided to wait in line yesterday (Saturday) morning. We got in line shortly after 9am and we were the 3rd or 4th group. It was blazing hot out, but luckily the front of the line was shaded. Castemember came and got setup at around 10:30am to start telling people what they had available. Our original plan was to just wait it out for a seat at the bar, but we decided that we did not want to stand in the heat for another hour (even if it was shaded). So we decided to take a noon lunch reservation.

They sat us at a booth table in the back corner near the kitchen. It was a good location, as we could see all of the windows. We thought the lunch was very good, but probably not worth what we paid (even considering we had a discount), but we both liked the experience of the restaurant. I had the Spaceghetti and Shrimp, which was very good. It was also a much larger portion than I would have expected considering it was lunch and we were required to also eat an appetizer. Luckily we were headed out of the park after our lunch so I could take the leftovers with me.

While we both enjoyed the experience, I think the activity seen through the windows could be better. I don't understand that objects seen floating in the windows where portions of the Earth were visible always seemed to disappear when they reached the edge of the window, rather than being seen as they passed to the next window. I also would have liked to see items float closer to the windows - they always seemed to be at quite a distance.

I've been checking for lounge reservations when I wake up in the morning around 7:30am. Our trip isn't until December so this is just practice. So far I haven't seen anything. Are they there at 6am (or whenever they open up these days?), or are they already gone at 60 days out? We are not staying onsite, and not interested in the main restaurant.

I've been checking for lounge reservations when I wake up in the morning around 7:30am. Our trip isn't until December so this is just practice. So far I haven't seen anything. Are they there at 6am (or whenever they open up these days?), or are they already gone at 60 days out? We are not staying onsite, and not interested in the main restaurant.
Space 220 reservations usually are gone at 60 + 4 days, but sometimes you get lucky.

Lounge reservations have been gone pretty much out to 60+8 lately. Maybe the occasional 60+7 but I would expect anything prior to that.

Managed to get a lounge reservation today -- thank you Touring Plans reservation finder! We're ok sitting at the bar. Any recommendations from the lounge-only menu? How's the chicken & waffle? Short rib sliders?

Managed to get a lounge reservation today -- thank you Touring Plans reservation finder! We're ok sitting at the bar. Any recommendations from the lounge-only menu? How's the chicken & waffle? Short rib sliders?
I had the sliders and found them very tasty. They come with fries so it was perfect for me. Also got the Atmospritz which I really enjoyed. They pour it over a ball of cotton candy at the table which was cool to watch!

Can’t speak for the waffles but would definitely recommend the sliders.

Congratulations and have fun!

We just went last week and got both the sliders and chicken/waffles in the lounge for our group to split. Both were very good.

The Lounge is the most popular option so it might be harder to get an ADR than the restaurant. You can line up before the restaurant opens to obtain a lunch or dinner reservation if you don't get in advance. We did it a couple weeks ago. Restaurant is prix fixe ONLY.

The Lounge is really in the same room as the restaurant, just elevated a few feet. The Bar sits within the Lounge. There are no age restrictions in the Lounge seats. Lounge offers a Lounge menu or the prix fixe menu.
Nevermind! I should have read ahead :). Thank you! I saw your other post

Do you recall what time the CMs start making these reservations?
We tried too early but couldn't seem to get info on when to line up (and we opted not to wait around).

Nevermind! I should have read ahead :). Thank you! I saw your other post

Do you recall what time the CMs start making these reservations?
We tried too early but couldn't seem to get info on when to line up (and we opted not to wait around).
They came out at 10:30 am, and the folks in front of us had already said they would so I assume it was standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter