• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220 - worth it or not?

Just had lunch there, it was a cool experience but won’t repeat. The cauliflower appetizer was excellent (I usually hate cauliflower), if you like seared tuna that entree was light and delicious. My wife had a salad which was just okay, but her steak was excellent. Our toddler actually thought he was in space and got super excited so that was really fun to see.

My main complaint was with our server. He argued with my wife that calamari would not trigger her shellfish allergy. Then took a dig at her later if she had any other “not standard fish allergies” that he needed to let the kitchen know about.

Just had lunch there, it was a cool experience but won’t repeat. The cauliflower appetizer was excellent (I usually hate cauliflower), if you like seared tuna that entree was light and delicious. My wife had a salad which was just okay, but her steak was excellent. Our toddler actually thought he was in space and got super excited so that was really fun to see.

My main complaint was with our server. He argued with my wife that calamari would not trigger her shellfish allergy. Then took a dig at her later if she had any other “not standard fish allergies” that he needed to let the kitchen know about.
Report that server situation to Disney guest services here. That’s so dangerous. Include a description of the server, their name if you remember it and the time of your dining. Even though the restaurant is operated by Patina Group it is in partnership with Disney.

I know I am coming in late to the discussion but I will give my 2 cents worth. My daughter who is 21 and I, ate there in March and we LOVED IT. I could care less about the arrival to Space ride thingy they do to get you in to the restaurant - and It would not matter to me if I could see the space floating guy or not - I primarily would go back just because of the food. We got the price fix meal and I had the Braised Beef Rib and My daughter had the Filet - we do not drink alcohol so I cant comment on the drinks but I am not a salad person and I will say I absolutely would eat a salad every day if it could be from there - mine was delicious. The Calamari was delicious - my daughter said her filet was perfect and her sides were scrumptious ...
I cant remember if our waitress was great - I know she got our food out in a timely fashion and she kept our drinks filled other than that, we really didn't need much.

Wow, these are seriously mixed reviews on this thread. I’m hoping to book Space 220 for a birthday lunch on our upcoming trip. My DH is a space nerd and I think he would really love the experience.

The menu looks pretty good. The watermelon salad is calling my name. Are there any must try dishes for first timers?

Wow, these are seriously mixed reviews on this thread. I’m hoping to book Space 220 for a birthday lunch on our upcoming trip. My DH is a space nerd and I think he would really love the experience.

The menu looks pretty good. The watermelon salad is calling my name. Are there any must try dishes for first timers?
We had 5 different mains at our table and I thought the Pad Thai was the best.

The Big Bang Burrata and the Centauri Caesar Salad were my favorite starters.

Nothing seemed like a "must-try" type of item, not that they were terrible or anything. I would order something that appeals to you.

I'd go back to the lounge in a heart beat. We had 2 desserts, a coffee and mocktail and loved it. The carrot cake was one of the best vegan carrot cakes i'd ever had. ( I'm allergic to eggs, carrot cake is an absolute fave but a lot of the time the icing is really off because of the lack of cream cheese - this was light and very fresh).

It was a very expensive bit of carrot cake though.

We had 5 different mains at our table and I thought the Pad Thai was the best.

The Big Bang Burrata and the Centauri Caesar Salad were my favorite starters.

Nothing seemed like a "must-try" type of item, not that they were terrible or anything. I would order something that appeals to you.
Good to know. Pad Thai is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. I’d probably go with the steak even though I have read some iffy reviews about it.

I'd go back to the lounge in a heart beat. We had 2 desserts, a coffee and mocktail and loved it. The carrot cake was one of the best vegan carrot cakes i'd ever had. ( I'm allergic to eggs, carrot cake is an absolute fave but a lot of the time the icing is really off because of the lack of cream cheese - this was light and very fresh).

I love carrot cake. We will probably try it along with another dessert.

It’s expensive but we won’t likely be back to Florida for a very long time, so it’s worth it to us.

I love carrot cake. We will probably try it along with another dessert.

It’s expensive but we won’t likely be back to Florida for a very long time, so it’s worth it to us.
Yeah the lounge was well worth it as you get mostly the same experience.

The coffee was very good aswell - which is more than i can say for most of the disney owned restaurants we went to.

My OH had the chocolate cheesecake which he liked but said it was nothing special.

Yeah the lounge was well worth it as you get mostly the same experience.

The coffee was very good aswell - which is more than i can say for most of the disney owned restaurants we went to.

My OH had the chocolate cheesecake which he liked but said it was nothing special.
Ooh, good to know about the coffee. DH always has coffee with dessert and is usually let down by the Disney restaurants offerings.

I was wanting to do lounge….but have 5 people….. I think I read the only way to do that is to have my husband make a reservation at the same time I’m making a reservation….. if I read correctly, I think I’m not able to make two reservations at the same time

If you liked their carrot cake, I would try little big farms carrot cake mix (pricing better on their website and we use apple sauce) with miss Jones vanilla frosting.

We’re headed to the Space 220 lounge right now! I booked the lounge instead of the restaurant based on advice in here. We will do light bites and dessert.

I was wanting to do lounge….but have 5 people….. I think I read the only way to do that is to have my husband make a reservation at the same time I’m making a reservation….. if I read correctly, I think I’m not able to make two reservations at the same time
You will have to make two reservations since the maximum is 4 people at one table. You can book both reservations via your MDE account if you put your husband as the person managing the first one you book and then leave yourself as the person managing the second one you book. Or the two of you can book from your individual MDE accounts and coordinate the times for the two reservations.

Just left our 2:00 pm Space 220 Lounge reservation.

We had a fabulous time and I’m really glad we got to go. Would I go again? Easy to say yes when we don’t have any hard and fast plans to be back at WDW, but I think yes, we would do it again.

We ate a small lunch earlier in the day. (Shared a burger and chicken sandwich from Connections between four of us.) It was enough that no one got hangry, but ensured we would want to eat at 2:00.

We ordered four lite bites: two chicken and waffles, one rib sliders, and one fried cauliflower. The chicken and waffles, and the sliders (which came with fries) both constituted a decent meal, if a little on the lighter side. We enjoyed both. The fried cauliflower I thought was a little greasy.

We also ordered four desserts: chocolate cheesecake, chocolate raspberry cake, carrot cake, and sorbet. All were pretty good. The cheesecake or carrot cake were probably the favorites.

We also ordered one alcoholic drink and two non-alcoholic drinks.

Total for the four of us was about $180 before tip. For not a lot more we could have done the $55 each, though we wouldn’t have had drinks and dessert with that. I think either would be fine depending on what time you’re dining and what parts of a meal you most enjoy.

It could definitely climb in price with the fixed price plus drinks plus dessert… but that would also be a lot to eat in one sitting. I don’t think I could have done dessert plus the prix fixe.

We all really enjoyed the fun experience of “leaving earth” and the restaurant itself was a wonderfully cool and soothing place to take a break from the crazy July heat wave.

So, just one persons opinion, but we enjoyed it. Is there better food to be had for $200+? Of course. But the experience was unique enough to offset that.

You will have to make two reservations since the maximum is 4 people at one table. You can book both reservations via your MDE account if you put your husband as the person managing the first one you book and then leave yourself as the person managing the second one you book. Or the two of you can book from your individual MDE accounts and coordinate the times for the two reservations.
I would book 3 ADRs for 2 as they won’t allow 5 on two tables for 2 (exception is if you have a child that can sit on your lap; manager has to override the ADR to allow that and make sure head count is safe for fire codes.).

It’s next to impossible to get the 4 seater unless you’re going off peak season and you’re trying for 60+7. If you do score the 4, then you can get 4 and 2.

Also consider separating your party. We booked an ADR for 2 at 11:40 am and my teen and I went first and then 2 ADRs for 2 at 12:50 pm using two accounts. At 12:50pm our teen was going to go back and sit with our 6 year old while dad sat with the 3 year old (2 ADRs for 2 at 12:50 pm). The tables were 2 tables apart even though our party has multiple food allergies and parents have to order (so don’t bank on sitting close even with young kids). We had been refused extra seating when we checked in the first time but we just happened to ask a new CM with an iPad (possibly a manager?) and she allowed us 5 to go back in again provided our 3 year old sat on my lap the entire time (no high chairs in the lounge eventhough I remember using one when we had dinner). At that point they offered to upgrade to lunch for 5 but two of us had already eaten (no exceptions even though they would make more money if we paid for 4 lunches, we were planning on paying for 2 lunches anyway due to food allergies). We were there for 2.5+ hours and paid $300 so didn’t save much anyway.

I would book 3 ADRs for 2 as they won’t allow 5 on two tables for 2 (exception is if you have a child that can sit on your lap; manager has to override the ADR to allow that and make sure head count is safe for fire codes.).

It’s next to impossible to get the 4 seater unless you’re going off peak season and you’re trying for 60+7. If you do score the 4, then you can get 4 and 2.

Also consider separating your party. We booked an ADR for 2 at 11:40 am and my teen and I went first and then 2 ADRs for 2 at 12:50 pm using two accounts. At 12:50pm our teen was going to go back and sit with our 6 year old while dad sat with the 3 year old (2 ADRs for 2 at 12:50 pm). The tables were 2 tables apart even though our party has multiple food allergies and parents have to order (so don’t bank on sitting close even with young kids). We had been refused extra seating when we checked in the first time but we just happened to ask a new CM with an iPad (possibly a manager?) and she allowed us 5 to go back in again provided our 3 year old sat on my lap the entire time (no high chairs in the lounge eventhough I remember using one when we had dinner). At that point they offered to upgrade to lunch for 5 but two of us had already eaten (no exceptions even though they would make more money if we paid for 4 lunches, we were planning on paying for 2 lunches anyway due to food allergies). We were there for 2.5+ hours and paid $300 so didn’t save much anyway.
I will be doing 60+8 luckily
I don’t mind splitting up….it’s me husband 16,8,and 6 yr old……so if I can get a 4 and 2 that would probably be better although we will only have 3 at the 4, does that make a difference?

I don’t mind splitting up….it’s me husband 16,8,and 6 yr old……so if I can get a 4 and 2 that would probably be better although we will only have 3 at the 4, does that make a difference?
No, the restaurant won’t care who sits where - well, they might mind if the 8 and 6 year olds sat alone at the 2-top! :cutie:

No. They won’t care if there are fewer people. Your 16 year old can sit with his/her younger siblings. Kids age 14 and older can be by themselves at WDW and supervise a younger sibling in the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter