Space 220 - worth it or not?

We did the lounge because sometimes we find a full price fix meal too much food and my wife has some food issues. The experience is very cool and honestly the appetizers we had were very good. I had the chicken and waffles which I thought was really good. Our service was slow but everyone can have an off day. I would say it’s worth a try once

Well, I am going to pop the we loved it bubble on here. We were not impressed.

Food, mediocre.
Drinks, ok. A little too sweet and I like sweet!!
Service, mediocre.
Atmosphere, cool for the first 15 minutes then it became redundant. There was nothing new or exciting in space except the occasional floating/surfing person.

One and done for us. Which is good so I don't take up anyones spot. ;)

How many who actually got the lounge succeeded in getting TWO tables, like 3 and 2 at the same time slot?

I was under the impression that the lounge had a walk up wait list. Is that wrong? I've been checking 60 days out (I'm not in my arrival window) and there is never any availability for lunch or dinner. I'm going Jan 13-20. Do you think I have a chance of lounge seating with being able to book 60 + 7?

I was under the impression that the lounge had a walk up wait list. Is that wrong? I've been checking 60 days out (I'm not in my arrival window) and there is never any availability for lunch or dinner. I'm going Jan 13-20. Do you think I have a chance of lounge seating with being able to book 60 + 7?
Yes, there's a line. It's always been pretty deep when I went. I would imagine you could show up before open and have a good chance, especially for less people.

I really wanted to love it, as I am a total space nerd. I did not. The steak was HORRID. It was so fatty throughout that it was inedible...literally, I could not chew it. They did replace my meal with something else, thankfully, but that should not have been needed. They could not promise me that if they brought me another steak that it would be to my liking, leading me to believe that they knew their meat was low quality. They did not offer any sort of discount either...which I would have appreciated since I had to wait longer for my meal and was not able to get what I actually wanted. I do not feel the need to go back.

It was the best meal we had on our last trip. We got the salmon, the burrata, cauliflower, and the calamari, and the cocktails were fun too. Well worth the price for the experience and the meal and a very nice break from the heat at midday.

If you are at all a space/sci-fi/Star Wars fan, it's totally worth it. We went to both the lounge and the restaurant in March -- we thought the food was better in the lounge but you get tables with a (slightly) better view in the restaurant. Also, in the restaurant you can't order any of the lounge food unless you first order from the prix fixe menu and there's already too much food coming with your restaurant reservation.

There are lots of great Imagineering touches. The pre-show has already been mentioned and it's clever and fun. If you order the non-alcoholic drinks they come with trading cards which are really well done. There are even some cute things in the restrooms keeping the restaurant on theme. Our only quibble (and that's too strong of a word) is there is supposed to be a "space dog" out the viewing window and we've missed him both times. We'll be keeping an eye out for him next month. From the lounge. :-)

Thank you all. The replies were much better than I had imagined. I have a dinner and a lunch reservation. Which would be be ideal with 2 adults and 2 kids do you think? Is the dinner a very long meal?

You should be fine for January. Just make it the first ADR you book. I am going July 1-5, and when my window opened Tuesday I was able to book July 4th for dinner in the Lounge. Honestly, the sliders with fries app and a Coke is not much more than a quick service meal thanks to the 15% DVC discount.

We did dinner last year and I did not enjoy it. I thought it was extremely overpriced for what we got and the food wasn’t that great at all. I wouldn’t go back

The thing with Disney dining in general is that food is so subjective and tbh most places have mixed reviews, with very rare exceptions. There are places that are near universally loved on these boards that I don’t like at all (I had awful experiences at Tiffins and Beaches & Cream which made them both a one and done for me), and at least one place that everyone says is mediocre and too expensive and should only be a bucket list scratch off that I actually really enjoy and have to hit on every longer trip (CRT). Not only that but with rare exceptions these places are so inconsistent that even the “best” have a bad night at times.

Personally I have seen the mixed reviews of Space and I really don’t care tbh. I didn’t let it deter me from booking it on our upcoming trip, because I think the concept is cool and we had been looking forward to trying it since it was announced. The only thing it influenced me to do was book the lounge because of the greater flexibility and allegedly better views.

That’s before talking about “is it worth it”, my least favorite question in Disney circles. Pricing and value are so intensely personal depending on people’s budgeting that i really don’t think anyone can answer that question except individuals for themselves. Like I don’t find Disney dining all that expensive compared to the real world but I work in Manhattan, home of the $15 Salad Industrial Complex. Somebody in a smaller, less expensive city is most likely going to have a different opinion. And both of us are valid and correct for our circumstances. I also only ever go with one other person tops and not an entire family or large group so my opportunity cost equation is going to be way different. So what’s worth it for me may not be for you and vice-versa. Opinions are great to discuss, I mean that’s the point of a message board, but context for them matters as much imo.

Yes, there's a line. It's always been pretty deep when I went. I would imagine you could show up before open and have a good chance, especially for less people.
Walk up Lounge stand by is for bar seating only and they do not allow anyone under 18. As pointed out, the line gets very long, very fast.

If you are adults and don’t mind a wait of possibly 60+ minutes and sitting on a bar stool, it’s an option. I’m old with bilateral knee replacements so that never gonna happen for me. Lol

Lounge ressie is definitely preferable!

Walk up Lounge stand by is for bar seating only and they do not allow anyone under 18. As pointed out, the line gets very long, very fast.

If you are adults and don’t mind a wait of possibly 60+ minutes and sitting on a bar stool, it’s an option. I’m old with bilateral knee replacements so that never gonna happen for me. Lol

Lounge ressie is definitely preferable!
I hear you. I'm in my 60's and my legs dangling from a bar stool can be painful. Although we are all adults, I'd rather have a confirmed booking too. This is the stress (an excitement) of planning a Disney vacation. I'm so glad I have the people on these boards to enlighten me about these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter