Space 220 - worth it or not?

If you want to have the experience of the Space Station, I would aim for a seat in the lounge. I did the lounge as well as the prix fixe menu and felt as if the prix fixe was not worth the additional cost. Sure you get to sit a bit closer to the big "windows" but the food was just ok and the value wasn't truly there.

My wife and I enjoyed our time here in February. Some random thoughts:

-We had lunch - the food was well prepared and tasted great - we read reviews that hated the food, loved the food, etc. but overall our experience was that the food was very well prepared and tasted great
-Service was also fantastic; the restaurant wasn't slammed when we were there and it was well-staffed
-We absolutely loved the "pre-show" entry where you board the elevator and head up/down to the space station/Earth; also loved the general environment - it has a much more sophisticated and elevated (no pun intended) feel than we expected - and constantly stared off into the windows for all the things happening out in space
-For us I think this is a less frequent stop because of the price, but definitely worth trying at least once
-If I had to do it again, I'd choose dinner - the portions were VERY large, and not ideal (for us) for lunch; I'd prefer to take my time, have a longer sit down, and approach it from a dinner perspective - I also think that would help offset the cost

Hope that helps :)

I had a lunch ADR and honestly believe it to be the best meal that I've ever had on Disney property. I'm not a big salad/green food eater but I tore that burrata up, it was so good and the flavors were so well balanced. I also had the tuna that was seared to perfection! I didn't have a dessert but I also didn't have room for it. The service was top notch; my server was amazing, attentive without being pushy and I never felt rushed or neglected. I'd love to go again the next time I'm in Epcot. To me it was worth it!

After being so excited and wanting to love it, pbbt. Our food was disappointing. Service bare minimum. Best thing was the atmosphere. Family is joining us next trip and they’d like to try it. I wouldn’t discourage anyone else from trying it but we’ll be doing something else that meal.

We were they last week. DS10 LOVED it. We sat in the lounge and each had the sliders and a non-alcoholic drink, which were all delicious. We thought it was a great experience and the service was very good. Next time I wouldn't mind trying the prix fixe.

We had lunch in the lounge in August and really enjoyed it. Our server was fantastic, the menu was flexible, and our food was very good. We would definitely go back.

I have been to the Lounge 4 times, and I have 4 more reservations next week. So I think it is worth it. I like the variety of options. The atmosphere is fun. And I think the sliders and fries make a great lunch, with whichever drink you choose. I had the prix fixe meal last week on my Birthday and it was delicious - i ate every single bite of all 3 courses. Our server said they had just added some new items to the menu last Tuesday. I would definitely suggest trying for the Lounge for your first visit so you are not obligated to get the full meal.

Went shortly after opening with one DS. Food was excellent, service excellent, seating was bleh as we didn't get much of a view because we were off to the side. Restaurant was pretty empty. Price is too high but it was a fun experience.

Went last summer with both DS (I would not have returned if not for second DS). Restaurant was busy. Food was disappointing compared to first visit. Absolutely overpriced now that food was below par. We got a booth at window which ... is no view either except your window.

DS#2 said he has no reason to go back unless he gets in Lounge for a drink or two. I think Lounge has the BEST view of the entire experience.

I suppose with all things Disney it will stay busy until uniqueness wears out. I remember when Coral Reef was impossible to get. For us we won't return unless we get Lounge.

We were there at the end of March for lunch and we loved it! We balked a little at the price for the price fix for dinner so we compromised and did lunch which was slightly less and didn’t include dessert. Our server was excellent and we enjoyed the themed drinks as well. The DVC discount is 15% at lunch (I’m guessing AP is too?) which we didn’t realize and that made a big difference. We were seated on the outside rim of the lounge (we had a restaurant reservation) which is elevated and gave us a great view of the windows. We loved watching everything that floated by. Our favorite was the astronaut walking the space dog. 😆

I heard if you dine in the lounge you can order the restaurant menu entrees a la carte as well. Is this true?

I heard if you dine in the lounge you can order the restaurant menu entrees a la carte as well. Is this true?
I saw this mentioned a few weeks ago. When I was there last week, the server did not tell me this, nor did I ask. Everyone around me ordered from the lounge menu as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter