• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220 - Walk up success?

Hammerstone

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Visiting from UK and (hopefully!!!!) will be at Epcot on Mon 29th Nov.

We like most have not been able to get any reservation for Space 220. However, for those who have tried, what is the luck with walk ups?

We are prepared to make a beeline there for when Epcot opens at 11and will take whatever they give us for the lounge or otherwise.

However, we probably wouldn't want to wait in line for hours, so would have to skip it if that was the case.

You might have to wait in line for awhile.

They did come through the line before opening and ask if anyone was interested in booking a reservation for that day, there were a few available. They went in order of the line, so the closer to the front the better.

Lounge access is walk-up. We went last week on Oct 11th and 2:30 or so. Only 4 of us in line and we got in around 10 minutes. About 5 minutes in it started raining heavily and the line grew to 20 people before we went in. So timing is important but it is available to get in.

Go to the walk up line as early as possible. We got there at about 10:30 on Monday, there was maybe 4 or 5 groups ahead of us (Park opened at 10 with Early Entry starting at 9:30). A cast member started coming down the line shortly after that and starting with the first group asking if they would like to see what reservation availability there was or wait for the lounge. When she got to us we chose to have her check for a reservation for and were able to get a lunch slot for that day.

We went in early October, party of 2, around noon, and were in the lounge in about an hour.

Thats good to know. So in theory we could get there for say just after 11 and ask for a lounge and have an early lunch and not wait too long? Im happy with the lounge menu and will live not having a great seat as I just want to experience it in general

Thats good to know. So in theory we could get there for say just after 11 and ask for a lounge and have an early lunch and not wait too long? Im happy with the lounge menu and will live not having a great seat as I just want to experience it in general

Yes, in theory. It will all depend on how many people are in front of you. You can order from the lounge menu and the prix-fixe menu in the lounge.

If doing the walk-up, can one person wait and call the others when they get close?

Failed at getting a reservation this is good to know about a possibility of a walk up

Does anyone know if they are still doing full menu in the lounge? We went in early October and could order anything (including the Prixe Fixe if we chose) We plan to go again at the end of January.

If you do the walk up can you split the options? Like my husband and I do the prix fixe lunch/dinner and the kids get meals ala carte? My boys are 13, 11, and 9 and I just can't wrap my head around paying $79 each.

If you do the walk up can you split the options? Like my husband and I do the prix fixe lunch/dinner and the kids get meals ala carte? My boys are 13, 11, and 9 and I just can't wrap my head around paying $79 each.

This is an older post, and already a bit outdated. The Lounge takes reservations now, so chances of walk up is low for a table of 5. But yes, at least when I was there you can order from the prix fixe menu and the bar menu in any combo you want. My kids spit one fixed priced kids meal, even.

This is an older post, and already a bit outdated. The Lounge takes reservations now, so chances of walk up is low for a table of 5. But yes, at least when I was there you can order from the prix fixe menu and the bar menu in any combo you want. My kids spit one fixed priced kids meal, even.
We're not going until October so who knows what it will be like then :confused3:D

I am going to visit Epcot in August. Couldn't get reservation for lunch at either Space 220 or Lounge (I'd be happy with either - solo diner). I'm going to arrive at Epcot at Park Open. What's my best chance of success for lunch? Is there a virtual que or is there still an in-person standby line? What time should I get in line (or when should I try to get standby in the Disney app)? I really want to eat here badly so I'll wait as early as possible or do whatever is most effective

I am going to visit Epcot in August. Couldn't get reservation for lunch at either Space 220 or Lounge (I'd be happy with either - solo diner). I'm going to arrive at Epcot at Park Open. What's my best chance of success for lunch? Is there a virtual que or is there still an in-person standby line? What time should I get in line (or when should I try to get standby in the Disney app)? I really want to eat here badly so I'll wait as early as possible or do whatever is most effective
Try searching for 2 people. I’m solo and nothing came up for 1 but plenty did for 2 - another one where the system doesn’t like solos like ‘Ohana and a few others.

You’re not penalized for the “ghost” as long as you show up - and you’ll be at a 2-top anyway (at least).

I would also try looking for a reservation at night (like 10pm to midnight). I read somewhere that is when people are looking at their reservations and start making new ones and canceling old ones. I have screed hard to find reservations that way over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter